The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
there was boobs? must of been so dire that it just desensitised my brain, all i remember is some1 getting beheaded and then they name some dogs for about 30mins. honestly one of the slowest moving series ive ever watched.

I watched the whole first episode on the edge of my seat because I was promised boobs and if you stick around you are rewarded well.
All the other episodes suck though, 0/10 would not watch again.
What your on about. Breaking bad is the best. Did you watch the entire thing
Original post by andersonsophie_8
What your on about. Breaking bad is the best. Did you watch the entire thing

Yes..
Reply 83
Anyone who thinks Game of Thrones is better than Breaking Bad is delusional at best.

Seriously? Have you seen some of the acting in Game of Thrones? The books were good, the TV series sadly tries to cater for the masses and thus loses much of what made the books great.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, is the best TV series I've ever seen, by a long way. Perhaps it's a little too mature for you?
I can't compare GoT with BB unless GoT finishes...whether that'll be.

Looked more forward to the next episode of BB but looked more forward to the next series of GoT

Tough
Reply 85
Original post by Rant
Anyone who thinks Game of Thrones is better than Breaking Bad is delusional at best.

Seriously? Have you seen some of the acting in Game of Thrones? The books were good, the TV series sadly tries to cater for the masses and thus loses much of what made the books great.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, is the best TV series I've ever seen, by a long way. Perhaps it's a little too mature for you?

Not delusional just have different tastes. I watched BB and I'm watching GoT too I found the first 3 seasons of BB were good but nowhere near the hype then of course the last 2 were really good, despite the relatively weak ending but we'll not get into that. GoT had me from the word go however. Two very good series but also very different
Reply 86
Original post by lizzy95
Not delusional just have different tastes. I watched BB and I'm watching GoT too I found the first 3 seasons of BB were good but nowhere near the hype then of course the last 2 were really good, despite the relatively weak ending but we'll not get into that. GoT had me from the word go however. Two very good series but also very different

I also enjoy both, but the acting in Breaking Bad is on a different level. Of course, there's some good actors in Game of Thrones, but far too many bad actors... and let's not even start on the deviations from the books, the sexposition (thankfully that's decreased lately) the ageing up and dumbing down of characters...

There's a reason Breaking Bad has won far more awards. It's just better quality. You might enjoy Game of Thrones more, but surely you can't argue that it's better than Breaking Bad.
Reply 87
Original post by Rant
I also enjoy both, but the acting in Breaking Bad is on a different level. Of course, there's some good actors in Game of Thrones, but far too many bad actors... and let's not even start on the deviations from the books, the sexposition (thankfully that's decreased lately) the ageing up and dumbing down of characters...

There's a reason Breaking Bad has won far more awards. It's just better quality. You might enjoy Game of Thrones more, but surely you can't argue that it's better than Breaking Bad.

I think BB has won more awards because it's in a type of format that allows its small cast's abilities to be highlighted. With BB there's the small cast, the obvious main character, the one main story to follow and pretty much the same setting for all 5 seasons. I'm not saying that's bad it's good because it allows the audience to concentrate on the main story and characters which is why it's probably won more awards.

With GoT there's not one main character as you know, maybe Ned in season 1 but since then not really just a lot of central characters e.g. Tyrion, Daenerys, Arya etc and of course there's no main story or setting. I think the format of GoT is why it maybe hasn't done as well as BB on an award scale it probably has the same number of good characters, maybe more, due to its huge cast but of course it'll have more of the bad actors that you've identified (I personally can't think of an obviously bad actor but instead like the fact young actors shine in GoT quite a lot)

So I guess if you're following that format then BB wins but hey GoT is only halfway through maybe once they're both done a better case can be made for both shows.
(edited 9 years ago)
"Run", the problem dog monologue, I am the one who knocks, Mike's half measures speech... these are amazing moments in an amazing show. Just thinking back to them reminds me of the show's brilliance.

Saying Breaking Bad is overrated is like saying Shakespeare is overrated. It might not be to your taste, but one can't deny that they are widely recognised as superb pieces of art.
Original post by MostUncivilised
"Run", the problem dog monologue, I am the one who knocks, Mike's half measures speech... these are amazing moments in an amazing show. Just thinking back to them reminds me of the show's brilliance.

Saying Breaking Bad is overrated is like saying Shakespeare is overrated. It might not be to your taste, but one can't deny that they are widely recognised as superb pieces of art.

Breaking bad is crap and well over rated. True detective is far superior
Original post by Green Marble
Breaking bad is crap and well over rated. True detective is far superior

That's like saying pounds are better than American dollars.

They are a completely different genre. I generally concur with de gustibus non est disputandum, but there is also a degree to which artistic expression can be objectively judged. If you are so totally at odds with respected critics from the television sphere and cultural commentators, then it's probably worthwhile assessing whether something is wrong with them or something is wrong with you.

Maybe it went over your head?
Original post by MostUncivilised
That's like saying pounds are better than American dollars.

They are a completely different genre. I generally concur with de gustibus non est disputandum, but there is also a degree to which artistic expression can be objectively judged. If you are so totally at odds with respected critics from the television sphere and cultural commentators, then it's probably worthwhile assessing whether something is wrong with them or something is wrong with you.

Maybe it went over your head?

Makes es no difference at all. True detective shows breaking bad up as the overrated piece of crap that it is
Original post by Green Marble
Makes es no difference at all. True detective shows breaking bad up as the overrated piece of crap that it is

True detective <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cba to ever watch any of these lmao.
Reply 94
True Detective's first six episodes were incredibly well built, but it ended very poorly. Neither True Detective nor Breaking Bad have the depth or character range to rival The Sopranos imho,
Breaking bad is just boring. I'd rather watch a loop of the Red Wedding than have to sit through that crap.
Original post by Miracle Day
So the first two series I got through very very slowly, usually when I discover new series I get through them very quickly but I found it difficult to get into and boring. I only got through it because I was told it gets amazing but throughout the entire rest of the tv show I've been waiting for this point and it just hasn't happened. It has been a decent watch but far below my expectations.. hell there was one episode dedicated to swatting a fly..

Anyone agree? Game of Thrones is far superior.

Agreed, apart from the last season of BB which was pretty good, everything else was boring and just tedious to watch, would never watch it again.
Reply 97
Original post by Jordooooom
Just because you're not into it doesn't make it overrated :rolleyes:

The acting, the writing, the attention to detail and the cinematography are all objectively brilliant.

That's not an objective statement. Why do people say this? It's an art form - it's subjective. Your tastes aren't objective, even if they're commonly held tastes.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
game of thrones is the overrated one if you ask me, i feel asleep during the first episode.

Apart from the first 5 episodes of Game of Thrones which even I found a bit boring and difficult to understand due to the large amount of characters, all the others are incredible as there is always something unexpected occurring, provided you understand what's going on you will love the show, the problem with it is like I said before, too many characters which makes it difficult for most people to understand, but overcome that and you will see that the actions and political maneuvering of different people (for themselves or their family) are all contributing to the destruction of their society.
Breaking Bad's Ozymandias is one of the single greatest episodes of television ever made so I do not think the show is overrated.

Latest

Trending

Trending