The Student Room Group

as levels in 3 days

I have my first as level (psychology) on tuesday. whenever i start revising i just end up sitting there either writing things down and not absorbing anything or sitting there too anxious to work. nothing is going in and i feel overwhelmed by the amount i have to do. i'm only doing 2 as levels because i feel unable to cope with more, and i'm in year 12 when i should be in year 13 because i had to retake my gcses. i feel so stressed and worried about my a levels and im ashamed to do badly, im so scared of what everyone thinks about me, like they must think i'm stupid. i am scared for my future as well.
Original post by hollybrooks
I have my first as level (psychology) on tuesday. whenever i start revising i just end up sitting there either writing things down and not absorbing anything or sitting there too anxious to work. nothing is going in and i feel overwhelmed by the amount i have to do. i'm only doing 2 as levels because i feel unable to cope with more, and i'm in year 12 when i should be in year 13 because i had to retake my gcses. i feel so stressed and worried about my a levels and im ashamed to do badly, im so scared of what everyone thinks about me, like they must think i'm stupid. i am scared for my future as well.

I've learnt that you shouldn't really care about what other people think of you! As long as you have tried your hardest, I'm sure you'll be fine! Try and find a place where you can study. For me I can't study in complete silence so I don't really revise at the library, I tend to stay at home. Get some flashcards, write down key studies and information that you struggle to remember and try to recite them over and over again. Also, try method of Loci! It works for a lot of people. Good luck for Tuesday by the way!
Reply 2
Original post by Female Gunner
I've learnt that you shouldn't really care about what other people think of you! As long as you have tried your hardest, I'm sure you'll be fine! Try and find a place where you can study. For me I can't study in complete silence so I don't really revise at the library, I tend to stay at home. Get some flashcards, write down key studies and information that you struggle to remember and try to recite them over and over again. Also, try method of Loci! It works for a lot of people. Good luck for Tuesday by the way!

thanks so much for the advice! me too i stay at home and use flash cards :smile:
xx

Quick Reply

Latest