The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have a quick question. I've got an offer of AAB and they have specified that the A's must be in Biology and Maths and the B in Chemistry. However I dont think I'll achieve this :/, I reckon I'll get the A in Chemistry instead of Maths. I know its not a major difference but knowing what Manchester are like, could they use it to decline me a place? (I hope not)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
So, applied for Victoria Hall accomodation. Anyone else going there?
My second choice is Opal Gardens
Reply 1422
When does freshers start, does anyone know? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GD2822
When does freshers start, does anyone know? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

International orientation is on the 11th, but I think Freshers officially starts on the 14th. Can't be 100% sure though.
Reply 1424
Original post by LonelyPlanet

I'm opposite, I put my first choice as opal gardens and my second as Victoria Hall
Just got my student finance done and I won't have enough to cover my rent, what is the job availability like for students in Manchester? Are there jobs available in the SU and do the shops, cafes etc accept students?
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much extra work is involved taking a language course at the language school in addition to your degree in the first year? Is the workload of both too much or is it manageable?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FG_x
I'm opposite, I put my first choice as opal gardens and my second as Victoria Hall

I've done the exact same as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've firmed Manchester, got an unconditional offer for Law LLB :smile:

Thinking Richmond Park, Sheavyn and Whitworth as my accommodation choices.
Reply 1429
Hi ive firmed manchester to study audiology :smile: and I have just submitted my accomodation for 1. Sheavyn 2.Canterbury Court 3. Richmond Park :smile::smile:
Reply 1430
I have firmed to do international management with American business studies :smile: and applied for Richmond, sheavyn and oak house!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mazzaa
Hi ive firmed manchester to study audiology :smile: and I have just submitted my accomodation for 1. Sheavyn 2.Canterbury Court 3. Richmond Park :smile::smile:

Ooooh i've picked exactly the same accommodation order :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1432
Original post by lauren1x12
Ooooh i've picked exactly the same accommodation order :biggrin::biggrin:

That's so exciting! I did lots of research I really wanted fallowfield but Canterbury court is really nice 👍 maybe I'll meet you next year!! :biggrin:
Its may 8th and manchester still didn't reply
its 8pm in my timing, my 4 in the UK, should i worry?
Reply 1434
Original post by hpdeskjet2050
Its may 8th and manchester still didn't reply
its 8pm in my timing, my 4 in the UK, should i worry?

what reply? do you mean waiting for an offer?
Reply 1435
Hey guys. Have firmed UoM for speech & language therapy (SLT) degree , if you are also an SLT future student, join us in the group UoM SLT 2014 firmed offers group on this link:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2655067&p=47278002
Original post by LonelyPlanet

Its my third, though I'm glad their are people who aren't putting fallowfield as their first! (Hulme Hall is my 1st)
When does Freshers week start? And when does the first day of classes start?
Original post by Soontobesuper
Its my third, though I'm glad their are people who aren't putting fallowfield as their first! (Hulme Hall is my 1st)

Same! Everyone, even the only friend I know going to Manchester, is applying for Fallowfields. But it's just too far away, rather be in the area around Victoria Halls and make my life easier for lectures!

What are you studying btw?
Firmed manchester for biomed :smile:
I've gone for hulme hall, woolton hall and dalton-ellis hall for my accommodation in that order.
Any possible future course mates or flatmates? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending