The Student Room Group

RE: Black footballers

Original post by Ggmu!
Apparently black is African now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Black and african players both are technically and mentally inferior compared to their European counterparts and rely on their physique to keep up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mojojojo101
Pippo Inzaghi is pretty notorious for spending the whole game deliberately standing in offside positions so defenders couldn't know where he was, as a result he's been caught offside more times than any other player in Champions League history iirc

Tell me again how awful Yaya Toure has been this season...

-x-

I don't think SAF was racist, but he IS probably one of the most stubborn men in the history of the world.

Yaya has made a season off penalties (no great technique required) and surging runs from midfield (total reliance on his physique). Barca played him CB for a reason - he's not technically good enough. Few black players are.
Original post by ReturnoftheG
Black and african players both are technically and mentally inferior compared to their European counterparts and rely on their physique to keep up.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW racist much?
Yaya has made a season off penalties (no great technique required) and surging runs from midfield (total reliance on his physique). Barca played him CB for a reason - he's not technically good enough. Few black players are.

seedorf,henry,vieira,davids
Reply 4
FFS people ignore that wannabe trollG

Original post by 9MmBulletz

He's baiting.
Reply 5

Pretty sure Drogba is black and african...
along with others

Personally, the reason why there isn't many africans in europe, is because there's not many show-case talents (show-case from world cup or have scouting in africa)...some who go on to do brilliant things, but don't necessarily want to come to europe...others have trouble with work permit etc.
And hey, you use your ability to the maximium to play as the best...
spanish players are usually very technically gifted, while africans are very physical (if that's what you say)...so don't see the point in your post
Reply 6

What drivel :lol:

Why do you say that? (Genuine curiosity)
Original post by 419

He's baiting.

:lol: I know. Have no idea why I even bothered posting

Don't know how you could even say this as a Pool fan.

Don't you remember how good Emile Heskey was?!
Reply 10

So JJ Okocha, Laurie Cunningham, Thierry Henry, Pele... etc weren't technically good and only relied on their physique right?
Original post by john0101
Note I am a Man U fan but listen...

He's hardly bought any African players?? Compare that with Chelsea/arsenal. Apparently it's because of the African cup of nations but still

He said all Italians were cheats, and he said inzaghi was born offside

Then there's the famous "typical Germans" remark after the bayern game

He also appointed a Scottish manager (maybe because he's racist?)

The man was born in the 30s so it's expected but it's not acceptable

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just waiting for DelBoy1000 to comment on this thread.
Original post by ridwan12
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW racist much?

Only in today's England is telling the truth racist
Original post by 9MmBulletz

are all decent players known for their physical attributes
Original post by 419

He's baiting.

not baiting, telling the truth and you know it
Original post by moey3
Pretty sure Drogba is black and african...
along with others

Personally, the reason why there isn't many africans in europe, is because there's not many show-case talents (show-case from world cup or have scouting in africa)...some who go on to do brilliant things, but don't necessarily want to come to europe...others have trouble with work permit etc.
And hey, you use your ability to the maximium to play as the best...
spanish players are usually very technically gifted, while africans are very physical (if that's what you say)...so don't see the point in your post

Yeah, Drogba, aka one of the best physical beasts ever. Thanks for proving my point.
Original post by Olie
What drivel :lol:

>sees well articulated argument which differs from the liberal PC norm
>cannot think of comeback
>labels drivel
Original post by yo radical one
Why do you say that? (Genuine curiosity)

Because after watching football for many years, I've come across few black and/or african players with true world class technical ability. John Barnes stands out.
Original post by StretfordEnd
Don't know how you could even say this as a Pool fan.

Don't you remember how good Emile Heskey was?!

Yes Emile was a wonderful spearhead for one season in which he scored 22 goals, but through his physical attributes alone.
Original post by EdwinB
So JJ Okocha, Laurie Cunningham, Thierry Henry, Pele... etc weren't technically good and only relied on their physique right?

Leave aside Pele - he's Brazilian, they're not 'true' black ethnically. As for the rest, either failures as footballers or reliant on their physique.

Yeah, Drogba, aka one of the best physical beasts ever. Thanks for proving my point.

>labels drivel

Because after watching football for many years, I've come across few black and/or african players with true world class technical ability. John Barnes stands out.

Yes Emile was a wonderful spearhead for one season in which he scored 22 goals, but through his physical attributes alone.

Leave aside Pele - he's Brazilian, they're not 'true' black ethnically. As for the rest, either failures as footballers or reliant on their physique.

Well then, Thierry Henry, Seedorf, Heskey, John Barnes, Wiltord etc are not all "true" black as they are all descendants of slaves who were transported across Africa to the Americas. Henry and Wiltord are both from Martinique, while John Barnes and Emile Heskey have ancestry from the Commonwealth. Seedorf is from Suriname which is part of the Dutch Carribean.
Most of the black peopl frome these islands have European ancestry if you look back far enough.

You know that most slaves were transported to South America and especially Brazil, so Pele is as black as the rest of them. You'll find that around 40% of Brazilians are mixed/multi-racial (examples are Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Ronaldo), while around 10% of their population identify themselves as "black" (someone like Maicon, Pele, Ramires) Yes, he may have significant Portuguese and/or Native American ancestry, but it's probably even more apparent in a player like Henry or John Barnes for example.

Saying he isn't true black because he's Brazilian is a bit ignorant.
Reply 14

>labels drivel

On my part...you seem to have completely missed the rest of my post!

On your last bit, 9MmBullletz summed it pretty well.
And again, reliant on physique because they have those attributes, hence they use it to their maximium ability...
I mean damn...if you had, i dunno, a flipping fist like iron, would you not use it to your advantage say for in a fight?!....that's the same (well similar at least) in this case...you can say african players use their physique, spanish players use their technical ability etc etc.

And also, you say only blacks use only their physique...well I'm pretty sure other players (not black) that solely use physiqe as well (don't know any specific players, but have defo seen a few)

Well you suggested that "Black and african players are technically and mentally inferior" which is racist as you suggested they are mentally inferior due to the colour of the skin/race.
Reply 16
Well you suggested that "Black and african players are technically and mentally inferior" which is racist as you suggested they are mentally inferior due to the colour of the skin/race.

Let's not entertain this complete and utter clown, he clearly knows nothing about football and is just on here to express his ignorant views which he does frequently on other forums
How do you define world class? By technique alone, or general ability in their position?

So...Shearer had little technique and silky skills, was he ****? and is he black? Scholes? Lampard? Gerrard? These are all white English players who IMHO are amongst the few world class players England had in the PL era. all were not technically outstanding but still good. Your argument is *******s.

And what about Kanu? Essien? Hardly physical players alone, right? lol...

I never said it's due to the colour of their skin. I said that A and B are true, not A is because of B. Don't label me a racist x
Reply 19
I never said it's due to the colour of their skin. I said that A and B are true, not A is because of B. Don't label me a racist x

No response to 9mmbulletz. Come on now bbez

Quick Reply

Latest