The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, it's certainly no Torchwood.
Original post by TerribleTej
Apart from the first 5 episodes of Game of Thrones which even I found a bit boring and difficult to understand due to the large amount of characters, all the others are incredible as there is always something unexpected occurring, provided you understand what's going on you will love the show, the problem with it is like I said before, too many characters which makes it difficult for most people to understand, but overcome that and you will see that the actions and political maneuvering of different people (for themselves or their family) are all contributing to the destruction of their society.

It's not really a show for stupid people. And an understanding of how monarchs used to work, especially the war or the roses gives you more of an appreciation of the storyline.
Just wait until the last 2 seasons. It gets better and better.
Original post by Profesh
Well, it's certainly no Torchwood.

This again..
Original post by Miracle Day
It's not really a show for stupid people. And an understanding of how monarchs used to work, especially the war or the roses gives you more of an appreciation of the storyline.

Agreed, I am amazed by the fact that people can't remember 20-30 characters, watch them again and again and eventually you will know who is who, but a lot of people who watch the more popular TV shows just do so because "everyone else watches it" and often don't understand the plot or the characters properly, Breaking Bad especially and also Game of Thrones to a small extent are class examples of this. However I dont think anyone who watches TV shows for the story lines would ever watch BB, where as most would watch GOT.
Original post by TerribleTej
Agreed, I am amazed by the fact that people can't remember 20-30 characters, watch them again and again and eventually you will know who is who, but a lot of people who watch the more popular TV shows just do so because "everyone else watches it" and often don't understand the plot or the characters properly, Breaking Bad especially and also Game of Thrones to a small extent are class examples of this. However I dont think anyone who watches TV shows for the story lines would ever watch BB, where as most would watch GOT.

I think this is why I hate BB. Because I don't look at the quality of acting, I look at the storylines. And I think GOT is indisputably so much better in this aspect.
Original post by hayles101
No. It is by far the best tv series I have ever watched.

Can't comment other than your in the minority if you don't love Breaking Bad, meh each to their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breaking Bad was great but it started getting boring. The ending was good again, but that over-hyped episode after the shooting, everyone was like "omg it was so much better than Dexter finale, can't wait for BB finale now". Ozymandiaz or something. It was good but nowhere near as good as people made out.

Oh and House of Cards >>> BB and GoT

But then I really don't like GoT. I love to read fantasy, but I hate it on screen.
Reply 107
The first couple of seasons were phenomenal, the ending good but everything else in between was average.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Breaking Bad was great but it started getting boring. The ending was good again, but that over-hyped episode after the shooting, everyone was like "omg it was so much better than Dexter finale, can't wait for BB finale now". Ozymandiaz or something. It was good but nowhere near as good as people made out.

Oh and House of Cards >>> BB and GoT

But then I really don't like GoT. I love to read fantasy, but I hate it on screen.

I watched HoC a couple of weeks ago. It was okay, definitely watchable but nothing special. Not even in my top 10 TV shows of all time for me.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I watched HoC a couple of weeks ago. It was okay, definitely watchable but nothing special. Not even in my top 10 TV shows of all time for me.

I guess you don't like the genre then?

But Kevin Spacey, some of the best TV acting I ever saw.
It goes: Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones > True Detective > House of Cards

I started Breaking Bad when it was in its second season with absolutely no expectations which is probably why I like it so much. Now literally everybody is talking about it which kinda ruins it I guess.
I guess you don't like the genre then?

But Kevin Spacey, some of the best TV acting I ever saw.

It wasn't the genre, it was the writing. I know it's a remake but that's not really an excuse.

SPOILER ALERT don't read the following if you haven't seen both seasons of House of Cards.

Spoiler

It wasn't the genre, it was the writing. I know it's a remake but that's not really an excuse.

SPOILER ALERT don't read the following if you haven't seen both seasons of House of Cards.

Spoiler

Spoiler

>filler: the tv show
>better than breaking bad

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't think it's over-rated! I've just finished watching it (on boxset) and think it was one of the best tv shows I have ever watched, well apart from the fly episode! :wink: That was just awful. It's hard for me to divide up the series into their different seasons (particularly 3-5) but I've thoughly enjoyed them all. Unlike some, I loved the second season. :h:

The only thing I'd say is I wish that at the end of the final ever episode, they'd skipped a bit into the future (whether it be a week(s) later, months or even years) just to show what happened to some of the characters.

I don't think there's any tv character I've loved more than Jesse Pinkman! Especially when you see he's not a bad person underneath, he does care for some people.
Just felt such empathy towards him and give him a hug and tell him it'll be ok.

I hear there's going to be a spin off series called "Better Call Saul" which will be starring Saul and Mike, with possible cameos from Jesse and Walt. :smile: Void in my life right now without Breaking Bad!! :frown:
You love
Original post by Miracle Day
Game of Thrones is far superior.

This aged like milk.
Original post by cole-slaw
I agree. I love GoT and I loved the Sopranos etc.

I gave Breaking Bad a good go, but it was just so ridiculous and far-fetched, and all the episodes were just really ****ing boring, so I just gave it up and read the synopsis on wikipedia instead, and felt relieved to have saved like 200 hours of my life.

You love "Game of Thrones" but think "Breaking Bad" is far-fetched.

I. Can't. Even. Find. Words.

Latest