The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend...Want a guy's opinion please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abby_W31
I'm in the same position, "went out" with a guy for a week but he asked me out over the phone and we only met up once to go for a walk.
It's irritating because I so often feel like a third wheel, as all my friends are in relationships! But like a lot of people have said, we're only young.

Yeah, I've been close to being in a relationship but never quite made it haha. I know how you feel, I always give my friends brilliant relationship advice as well!
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I've been close to being in a relationship but never quite made it haha. I know how you feel, I always give my friends brilliant relationship advice as well!

Exactly the same! I spent a month yelling at my friend to go out with this guy and they're great together! It's always the single ones that give the best advice they say :wink:
Do you think I'm right to count that as "Never had a boyfriend"
Original post by NathanW18
You're on TSR. It's alias should be Virgin Central. The vast majority here would prefer that.

But most people on TSR care about their education and career and are intelligent, which I like. My ideal guy would have that quality, so he may very well be like them, so these opinions matter to me!
I actually prefer this. I only date virgin guys as i don't like the idea of my man having had sex with someone else.
Exactly the same! I spent a month yelling at my friend to go out with this guy and they're great together! It's always the single ones that give the best advice they say :wink:
Do you think I'm right to count that as "Never had a boyfriend"

Yeah I've done that too haha!

I think so...I guess technically he was a boyfriend because he did ask you out, but you didn't even do anything with him "romantically" and it didn't last long so you can probably just forget about that!
No, I'm not shallow or anything. I just don't tend to say yes to guys that I hardly know?!

We already have many things in common since we're Bengali. If you say yes, you're officially in a relationship with me.

Bang, your worries and my worries are over (i dont want to spam my face pic, you've seen it).
But most people on TSR care about their education and career and are intelligent, which I like. My ideal guy would have that quality, so he may very well be like them, so these opinions matter to me!

Then you're fine. Most would prefer it and you're only 18. You shouldn't worry about it.
Original post by boxed treasures
We already have many things in common since we're Bengali. If you say yes, you're officially in a relationship with me.

Bang, your worries and my worries are over (i dont want to spam my face pic, you've seen it).

Many things? We only have that in common.

I'm not desperate for a boyfriend. I can't even tell if you're being serious or not, but I'd rather be single for another 17 years than get into a relationship with someone who is that desperate. (Don't mean to sound harsh, but listen to yourself)
Neither have I, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NothingToSeeHere
Neither have I, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't bother me that I haven't done anything, I'm happy to wait. But I'm just curious as to whether it'll bother the guy haha. But if it does, then he's not the type of guy I'd want to be with!
Many things? We only have that in common.

I'm not desperate for a boyfriend. I can't even tell if you're being serious or not, but I'd rather be single for another 17 years than get into a relationship with someone who is that desperate. (Don't mean to sound harsh, but listen to yourself)

I sort of am trolling a bit with my desperate tone, but i am serious; im not desperate.

Just saying that it solves both our problems, it's a mutual transaction, like everything in life should be.

The main problem is is that i cant actually get a bengali gf, all the ones i know are religious muslims. Only polish/algerian women show interest in me but white skin is a big turn off (can't relate).
It doesn't bother me that I haven't done anything, I'm happy to wait. But I'm just curious as to whether it'll bother the guy haha. But if it does, then he's not the type of guy I'd want to be with!

It wouldn't bother guys. It's honestly such a non issue. Why would you think it's an issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I sort of am trolling a bit with my desperate tone, but i am serious; im not desperate.

Just saying that it solves both our problems, it's a mutual transaction, like everything in life should be.

The main problem is is that i cant actually get a bengali gf, all the ones i know are religious muslims. Only polish/algerian women show interest in me but white skin is a big turn off (can't relate).

Fair enough, but still no haha. You're being incredibly fussy.
Original post by NothingToSeeHere

It wouldn't bother guys. It's honestly such a non issue. Why would you think it's an issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I overthink things. I came to the conclusion that some guys might hear that I haven't done anything and wonder why...and then wouldn't bother with me haha
Fair enough, but still no haha. You're being incredibly fussy.

This is a shame, i dont see a problem with online dating. Ok mate, well good luck.

Not fussy, white skin is unattractive to me (i was gay at the time anyway). They say im exotic which is why they'd express interest first.
This is a shame, i dont see a problem with online dating. Ok mate, well good luck.

Not fussy, white skin is unattractive to me (i was gay at the time anyway). They say im exotic which is why they'd express interest first.

Haha, I don't think there's anything wrong with it either but I'd rather have someone who wanted me, than someone who just wants a relationship :smile:

Don't limit yourself to Bengali girls!
Yeah I've done that too haha!

I think so...I guess technically he was a boyfriend because he did ask you out, but you didn't even do anything with him "romantically" and it didn't last long so you can probably just forget about that!

Exactly, though I think if I start going out with someone I'd have to tell them?
Original post by BoBosus
Why haven't you where are they?

How the heck do you know that?. Some want baby mamas unfortunately but some just want sex.

:sigh:

Are you asking why I've never been in a relationship? Because I haven't. I don't really care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Double Agent
Its no biggie, you're only 18.

This

calm the **** down OP!
Exactly, though I think if I start going out with someone I'd have to tell them?

Yeah, it shouldn't cause any problems or anything.

When the time comes, I would tell him how I've been really close to a boy (even though he wasn't actually my boyfriend), because he still had an impact on my love life haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending