The Student Room Group

What do you think of this book cover?

Just after some opinions on behalf of a friend. I am after some honest thoughts, maybe a rating out of 5? Would you pick it up off a shelf? She asked to stay anonymous so I've cut off the bottom bit that has her name on :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What book cover?
One suggestion, maybe don't have a vertical bar going down right where their faces are, because you lose the tension of having them poised so closely since you cant see their clearly definied silhouettes

Otherwise I'd definitely rate it as bookstore-worthy! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Abby_W31
Just after some opinions on behalf of a friend. I am after some honest thoughts, maybe a rating out of 5? Would you pick it up off a shelf? She asked to stay anonymous so I've cut off the bottom bit that has her name on :smile:

The title font isn't very nice but other than that it's good.
Reply 4
Original post by ILovePancakes
What book cover?

Sorry it didn't attach the first time.

Original post by Architecture-er
One suggestion, maybe don't have a vertical bar going down right where their faces are, because you lose the tension of having them poised so closely since you cant see their clearly definied silhouettes

Otherwise I'd definitely rate it as bookstore-worthy! :smile:

So you'd prefer a full red background rather than striped?

Original post by alow
The title font isn't very nice but other than that it's good.

What don't you like about the font?
So you'd prefer a full red background rather than striped?

No, because the stripes are there because it's a curtain which carries a certain level of drama, and hint at the period in which the novel is set.
Plus the vertical lines could imply cage bars/secrets which is pertinent to the story (assuming its a spy/intrigue novel?)

I'd just move that one line in Photoshop so that you can clearly see their faces silhouetting in front of each other, almost touching
Reply 6
What don't you like about the font?

Spacing between the letters is too big, the 'i' in Dancing and 'h' in with join up (maybe a few pixels more line spacing would clear this up).

Love the font for Enemy though.
Reply 7
Original post by Architecture-er
No, because the stripes are there because it's a curtain which carries a certain level of drama, and hint at the period in which the novel is set.
Plus the vertical lines could imply cage bars/secrets which is pertinent to the story (assuming its a spy/intrigue novel?)

I'd just move that one line in Photoshop so that you can clearly see their faces silhouetting in front of each other, almost touching

I see what you mean now, I'll let her know so she can let her cover maker know :smile: Yes it is a spy novel, she's a bit shy about it because it's the first one that she's shared with people other than close friends.

Original post by alow
Spacing between the letters is too big, the 'i' in Dancing and 'h' in with join up (maybe a few pixels more line spacing would clear this up).

Love the font for Enemy though.

Okay, will let her know :smile:
I really like the font style for 'Enemy' and the colours she's used compliment each other. The whole design is lovely, although I do agree that the font for "Dancing with the" could probably be better, some of the letters touch where they shouldn't.
I also agree with the vertical bar across their faces, just use Photoshop to amend that.

Really great design though.
I like the picture and background but the letters of the title could be more evenly spaced; the contrast of fonts is very nice- spy/ romance methinks
Reply 10
Original post by Vikki1805
I really like the font style for 'Enemy' and the colours she's used compliment each other. The whole design is lovely, although I do agree that the font for "Dancing with the" could probably be better, some of the letters touch where they shouldn't.
I also agree with the vertical bar across their faces, just use Photoshop to amend that.

Really great design though.

Thank you :smile:

Forgot to mention that you can read the book on "Wattpad" for free, she hasn't edited it yet so some of the grammar and punctuation is a bit off but she will get around to fixing it after exams :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Forgot to mention that you can read the book on "Wattpad" for free, she hasn't edited it yet so some of the grammar and punctuation is a bit off but she will get around to fixing it after exams :smile:

I'll take a look, it looks really interesting.

Good on her! :yy:
Is this for Wattpad?
I don't like the font, and the title isn't very catchy. I like the rest though!
Reply 14
Original post by Vikki1805
I'll take a look, it looks really interesting.

Good on her! :yy:

Would you like a direct link?

Original post by ToLiveInADream
Is this for Wattpad?

Yes, I know the size of it isn't right, this one was formatted for another website.
Reply 15
Five out of 5. It looks excellent. Can't fault it at all.
Reply 16
Original post by PricklyPorcupine
I like the picture and background but the letters of the title could be more evenly spaced; the contrast of fonts is very nice- spy/ romance methinks

You got the genre exactly right :smile: I'll let her know :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Stinkum
Five out of 5. It looks excellent. Can't fault it at all.

Thank you, really glad you like it :smile:
Reply 18
Thank you, really glad you like it :smile:

Yeah, no problem. I think it looks really slick, simple yet sophisticated. The colour scheme is just spot on, the font is edgy, just pure sexiness all over. What kind of novel is it if you don't mind me asking?
Would you like a direct link?.

Yeah, sure! That'd be great. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending