lol sevchenko actually does not know who Lothar Matthaus is

like he actually does not know who Matthaus is :rofl2:

why does anybody ever take his posts seriously

Lol this, he's only a world cup winning captain
Reply 2681
Original post by sevchenko
I don't know who Matthaus is

Okay...

Edit: I said it could be that there was interest, and you're basically agreeing with me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15

Lothar Herbert Matthäus (German pronunciation: [ˈloːtaɐ̯ maˈtɛːʊs]; born 21 March 1961 in Erlangen, West Germany)[1] is a German footballmanager and former player. After captaining West Germany to victory in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, he was named European Footballer of the Year. In 1991, he was named the first ever FIFA World Player of the Year, and remains the only German to have received the award.
He has played in five FIFA World Cups (1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998) more than any other outfield player, and holds the record for the most World Cup matches played by a single player (25 games). He also won UEFA Euro 1980, and played in the 1984, 1988, and 2000 UEFA European Football Championships. In 1999, aged 38, he was again voted German Footballer of the Year, having previously won the award in 1990.
Matthäus is the most capped German player of all time, retiring with a total of 150 appearances (83 for West Germany) in 20 years, and 23 goals for the German national team. Matthäus is a member of the FIFA 100 a list of 125 of the greatest living football players chosen byPelé. Diego Maradona said about Matthäus "he is the best rival I've ever had. I guess that's enough to define him" in his book Yo soy el Diego(I am Diego).

****in nobody aint he
Original post by qua
Okay.

:facepalm2:

So your not going to address the actually post?
Original post by ReturnoftheG
Lothar Herbert Matthäus (German pronunciation: [ˈloːtaɐ̯ maˈtɛːʊs]; born 21 March 1961 in Erlangen, West Germany)[1] is a German footballmanager and former player. After captaining West Germany to victory in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, he was named European Footballer of the Year. In 1991, he was named the first ever FIFA World Player of the Year, and remains the only German to have received the award.
He has played in five FIFA World Cups (1982, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1998) more than any other outfield player, and holds the record for the most World Cup matches played by a single player (25 games). He also won UEFA Euro 1980, and played in the 1984, 1988, and 2000 UEFA European Football Championships. In 1999, aged 38, he was again voted German Footballer of the Year, having previously won the award in 1990.
Matthäus is the most capped German player of all time, retiring with a total of 150 appearances (83 for West Germany) in 20 years, and 23 goals for the German national team. Matthäus is a member of the FIFA 100 a list of 125 of the greatest living football players chosen byPelé. Diego Maradona said about Matthäus "he is the best rival I've ever had. I guess that's enough to define him" in his book Yo soy el Diego(I am Diego).

****in nobody aint he

Playing in 5 world cups, that's incredible
Playing in 5 world cups, that's incredible

not enough to catch the attention of our mate sevvy doe
Reply 2686
Original post by qua
He's 3rd top scorer in the BuLi behind Lewandowski and Mandzukic despite playing for a relegation side, so the hype doesn't come from Matthäus. Matthäus was right against all odds about Lewandowski,, which was the only transfer bar Drmic he talked about, so he isn't really a "clown"; could very well be that Arsène is genuinely interested. Why shouldn't he; Drmic would be a decent and cheap signing.

Yeah, read that someone this morning. So, I guess they were recirculating the story.

x

You're right, no one knows who he is and I'm not going to claim to have seen him play for more than 45 minutes but, it's not really our job to know. Of all the names out there, he does look like a good option going solely by his stats. Everyone starts off from been unknown and we're not Chavski, El Cithdad or FSGpool to an extent. We're not going to sign a household striker. It's going to be someone of the ilk of Bony and Drmic- it won't please the fans but that's where we are.

Not trying to say he'll be great either as I don't know him at all but, we could sign him for less than peanut. 6m is nothing. Give him NB26 wages, heck probably less than that and see if he comes good or not.
Original post by 419
You're right, no one knows who he is and I'm not going to claim to have seen him play for more than 45 minutes but, it's not really our job to know. Of all the names out there, he does look like a good option going solely by his stats. Everyone starts off from been unknown and we're not Chavski, El Cithdad or FSGpool to an extent. We're not going to sign a household striker. It's going to be someone of the ilk of Bony and Drmic- it won't please the fans but that's where we are.

Not trying to say he'll be great either as I don't know him at all but, we could sign him for less than peanut. 6m is nothing. Give him NB26 wages, heck probably less than that and see if he comes good or not.

I agree for £6m he's worth a punt. He's more than ideal replacement for the outgoing Bendtner. I'm just not sure on the validity of the link
Reply 2688
Original post by Peggles_*
It's white though, reminds me too much of them lot down Seven Sisters! If we have a third kit, I wouldn't mind it being black or green, but the home must remain red & white with the away being yellow & blue.

Every time I look at it, it reminds of that cesc goal at Milan.. that essentially won us the tie..

Ahh cesc :rolleyes:
Original post by SHOO
Every time I look at it, it reminds of that cesc goal at Milan.. that essentially won us the tie..

Ahh cesc :rolleyes:

Haha! Exactly the same here. When I saw that image that was the first thing that came to mind. That shot and the celebration.

But I also picture Adebayor in it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear i get emotional when i see players i grew up watching retire at their respective clubs
puyol,giggs,zanetti,maldini

I can't see anyone of our young chaps staying with us for 20 years like them man, maybe JW10, but the lad has something snarky about him

F sagna if he goes citeh btw, we don't rock with those guys: clichy/cheryl cole/persie/and now sagna

who does sagna think he is demanding them wages at age 31, he is replaceable

20 something years later

20 something years later?

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

I'm only 19, I don't know how old you are but you must be in your mid 40's to remember a player like Matthaus and his career. I was only 3 when he played his last World cup

He wasn't a player of my generation, why should I know him and why should I care about what he did in the past? He never had a presence in English football and I hardly follow German football what makes you think I follow German football media outlets or even their Journos and pundits.

If you ask most people under 20 who Gary Lineker is they'll tell you he's the Walkers man.
I'm only 19, I don't know how old you are but you must be in your mid 40's to remember a player like Matthaus and his career. I was only 3 when he played his last World cup

He wasn't a player of my generation, why should I know him and why should I care about what he did in the past? He never had a presence in English football and I hardly follow German football what makes you think I follow German football media outlets or even their Journos and pundits.

If you ask most people under 20 who Gary Lineker is they'll tell you he's the Walkers man.

Depends on the level of interest you take in football tbh.
can't believe he's defending this :rofl2:

Tbh Sev I'm 19, even I know who Matthaus is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So looks like Sagna is definitely leaving and that Arsenal have opened talks for Serge Aurier to replace him. I'll have some of that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
Tbh Sev I'm 19, even I know who Matthaus is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair play. I'm not gunna lie or backtrack. I honestly didn't know who he was :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Fair play. I'm not gunna lie or backtrack. I honestly didn't know who was

Nah don't worry no biggie tbh. It's not expected to know every footballer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18.

You could say the same about Pele though? It's the same to a lesser extent, so I guess like someone said it depends on your interest in football.

I was only joking though, not actually a big deal if you don't know him

Latest