The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Do i have a chance?

I'm hoping to study Journalism at City London Uni, and the course entry requirements are AAA. In all honesty, AAA is a little out of my reach, i'm more likely to get ABB. However, i do believe my passion for the subject comes across, especially with the extra curricular things i do!
I Just wanted to know whether they'd consider me? I may even be able to get the UCAS points, just not through AAA haha.
Also, is University of Westminster a good backup? I've heard mixed reviews...

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Emmalowther96
I'm hoping to study Journalism at City London Uni, and the course entry requirements are AAA. In all honesty, AAA is a little out of my reach, i'm more likely to get ABB. However, i do believe my passion for the subject comes across, especially with the extra curricular things i do!
I Just wanted to know whether they'd consider me? I may even be able to get the UCAS points, just not through AAA haha.
Also, is University of Westminster a good backup? I've heard mixed reviews...

Thanks! :smile:

I'm pretty sure they won't mind an ABB. From what I've heard, City takes students with lower grades than that, through Clearing. So you definitely stand a chance (:

Sent from my iPhone
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I managed to get my predicted grades to be AAA and ended up after the long interview process etc to get offered AAB so there's no reason who you shouldn't try and apply for it! :smile: Goldsmiths is another very good alternative, it's my insurance and I loved the facilities when I visited!

Quick Reply

Latest