The Student Room Group

Is anyone else addicted to TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ILovePancakes
I don't think you've been on here long enough to be :erm:

Since the start of this year. a long time in my dictionary. but thats my opinion.
Original post by Rosie786
Since the start of this year. a long time in my dictionary. but thats my opinion.

And you only have two gems?! I made my account at the end of January :lol:.
Reply 22
Wouldn't say I'm addicted. I'm just killing time, there's nothing else to do apart from reading and posting on TSR. After a month or two, I'm done with TSR.
Reply 23

Yes yes I understand your comments are better than mine and people like you more. Happy? -_-
Yes yes I understand your comments are better than mine and people like you more. Happy? -_-

:console:
I've not seen a single post by you in any of the major sub-fora: if you're 'addicted', you're doing it wrong.
Reply 26
Original post by Profesh
I've not seen a single post by you in any of the major sub-fora: if you're 'addicted', you're doing it wrong.

what is 'major sub-fora' in your opinion?
What's this blocker you speak of*? I would like to know as well :colondollar:

There's one called cold turkey, but I just use one I downloaded through chrome extensions if you search block website or something in the chrome store thing it should show up :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by MidnightDream
There's one cold cold turkey, but I just use one I downloaded through chrome extensions if you search block website or something in the chrome store thing it should show up :smile:

ok thanks :thumbsup:
what is 'major sub-fora' in your opinion?

Chat; Relationships; Fitness; Fashion & Beauty; Entertainment; News & Current Affairs.
I don't think you've been on here long enough to be :erm:

the symptoms of addiction to TSR can start incredibly early - the green gems are only indicative of how long the addiction has persisted :wink: (not that I can say anything)
I think 16k odd posts, an account that's nearing its 7th birthday and a shiny blue username suggest that I probably am!
Reply 32
Original post by Profesh
Chat; Relationships; Fitness; Fashion & Beauty; Entertainment; News & Current Affairs.

I have on Everyday Issues. But maybe that is not 'major'. but that still does not prevent me from being addicted.

It just depends where you post and how you post.
Controversial posts tend to get a lot more rep than either middle of the road or helpful ones, I wouldn't take it personally :smile:

Gem fight!
Reply 35

But you have a high Post:Gem ratio. So what that tells us is that most of your time is used up making posts on TSR, not that your posts are of a better quality than the average member.

I also find it curious that your online status is invisible. Hiding the fact that you're on TSR 24.7?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Georgie_M
It just depends where you post and how you post.
Controversial posts tend to get a lot more rep than either middle of the road or helpful ones, I wouldn't take it personally :smile:

Yeah I realised that lol. I didn't :smile: I would not make a controversial post just to get reps. :smile:
Original post by Rednekk
But you have a high Post:Gem ratio. So what that tells us is that most of your time is used up making posts on TSR, not that your posts are of a better quality than the average member.

Oh dear.... I was JOKING.

I do think it's slightly strange that she has two gems after saying she's "addicted" though.

I'm not pretending to be some incredible poster.
*checking in*

I was supposed to be revising all day today.
I have been on TSR the majority of the day.

Spoiler

Reply 39
Oh dear.... I was JOKING.

I do think it's slightly strange that she has two gems after saying she's "addicted" though.

I'm not pretending to be some incredible poster.

Well like I said people do not like my posts as much as yours. :smile: :borat:

Quick Reply

Latest