The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah so you prefer basically no visible muscle or tone? I see why the other girl was too muscular then.
that's what the internet is all about.
Original post by bertstare
courtney prather

for grip strength

Original post by TheProblematique
Ah so you prefer basically no visible muscle or tone? I see why the other girl was too muscular then.

Yeah I don't like seeing muscle on women. It looks nice on some women but on the whole I don't like it. Prefer slim women
Original post by Othelo
Right, because asking 'why do people find this attractive' and saying directly to you 'I don't, but you can like whatever you like' is 'superimposing what she finds attractive'.

You're the one that implies she was insecure for even having that personal preference in the first place. Stop being an idiot.

You must be new here.
Original post by Othelo
Right, because asking 'why do people find this attractive' and saying directly to you 'I don't, but you can like whatever you like' is 'superimposing what she finds attractive'.

You're the one that implies she was insecure for even having that personal preference in the first place. Stop being an idiot.

Lol this. I just asked, I'm not insulting people who like that look.
Reply 126
Original post by manchesterunited15
You lost a stone, so it did have a positive effect. If you felt it wasn't worth it that's one thing, but saying it doesn't have any benefits is another

I didn't say it didn't have any benefits. :s-smilie: I said it didn't have a positive effect - I lost a stone and put on muscle, but I didn't feel it was worth the tradeoff of time, effort and diet.

Original post by tehforum
Looks at signature listing computer stats
Looks at post
Seems legit

Not sure how that's relevant. :s-smilie: I know bodybuilders who have degrees in science subjects so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Hehe, you were doing it wrong CJ Boy :ahee:

Wonder what you're diet was like though. I probably wouldn't even bother exercising regularly if I couldn't make healthy meals that didn't taste like ****.

It was one of those paleo diets - the food was great... for the first couple of weeks. Bacon, steak, curry, etc. but I just couldn't stomach it all for more than that. Eventually, waking up to the smell of bacon began making me nauseous. :frown: The fact that it ruined good food for me was a major part of why I stopped.

Original post by tehforum
You lost a stone?

Were you trying to lose weight and keep any (little) muscle mass you had?

I was trying to keep fit, and losing some excess weight I'd put on over the holidays was a consequence of that. Not sure why the "little" comment was necessary though - seems you have a sense of (false) superiority about you.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You're going to get a load of weight lifters telling you how **** you are because you have a different interest.

Ah, chat is basically misc. They'll have to grow up eventually, otherwise they'd never make it in the workplace.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Othelo
Yes because muscle is a direct line to a fantastic socal life and inner security. You are the kind of aesthetically minded idiot I meant when I posted the first comment. You shouldn't mistake disagreement with reductive social ideas for bitterness.

You're angry and bitter and trying to convince yourself that attractive people are shallow-minded and unintelligent to soothe your insecurities. The real irony underlying your posts, apart from misspelling Othello, is your narrow-mindedness.
Actually to be honest

Whilst I do stand by what I said about the memes being irritating, the anti-weightlifting backlash is much worse than people criticising people for not lifting

A similar thing applies to STEM fields, many more people moaning about the STEM circlejerk, than people actually "jerking"
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 129
Lol this. I just asked, I'm not insulting people who like that look.

People don't like independence. Unless you fulfill one western stereotype your opinions on social conditioning are invalid, so mob-mentality wins out over actual logic. You challenge established societal constructs so people berate you for it, try to call you insecure, when really, you're probably more sure of yourself than any of them are.

It's hilarious to watch.
Why is everybody hating on OP? She's basically asking why its so apparent on here, but something she hardly ever sees in real life...

Is it really only me thinks this is a bad picture for an example of a toned women? You can't see her tummy, which would be the best bit to see how toned she is. To me, she doesn't look especially toned.
Original post by 2ndClass
No that not what she's implying,she can't understand why guys would find a physique she doesn't hold as "ideal" particularly attractive. It's inherently narcissistic and insecure. She then desperately attempts to point out flaws in those physique, people who follow that culture to in some way shame those men.

And you're coming across as so pathetic, should be embarrassed for yourself tbh :lol:

I actually said a few pages back "not for me, but I can understand why you find her attractive" and that I acknowledge people have different preferences...

You're just trying to pick a fight because you don't like me. Childish
Original post by Othelo
People don't like independence. Unless you fulfill one western stereotype your opinions on social conditioning are invalid, so mob-mentality wins out over actual logic. You challenge established societal constructs so people berate you for it, try to call you insecure, when really, you're probably more sure of yourself than any of them are.

It's hilarious to watch.

Lol this. Going against the crowd threatens their fragile egos built on the acceptance of others, so when one person says "I don't like that" they **** themselves. Pathetic
I actually said a few pages back "not for me, but I can understand why you find her attractive" and that I acknowledge people have different preferences...

You're just trying to pick a fight because you don't like me. Childish

If you can understand why guys might find her attractive why even start a thread about it? :s-smilie:

but I'm picking a fight?

k den
Reply 134
No that not what she's implying,she can't understand why guys would find a physique she doesn't hold as "ideal" particularly attractive. It's inherently narcissistic and insecure. She then desperately attempts to point out flaws in those physiques, people who follow that culture to in some way shame those men.

And you're coming across as so pathetic, should be embarrassed for yourself tbh :lol:

She asks why guys like what they like, and asks people to consider why. It's hardly narcissistic. She questions common consensus instead of just accepting it 'the way it is'. I don't think that's insecurity.

I don't really give a **** what you think I should be. That's the point.
This girl is smart. Learn from this OP
Original post by CJKay
I didn't say it didn't have any benefits. :s-smilie: I said it didn't have a positive effect - I lost a stone and put on muscle, but I didn't feel it was worth the tradeoff of time, effort and diet.

Here is your post:

Original post by CJKay
- Because it's boring, stressful, exhausting and doesn't have any positive effects for many people

I spent a month lifting and excercising an hour every day. I lost about a stone, but I just hated it, I hated the diet, and I hated having to drag myself away from whatever I was doing.

Yes you did.
If you can understand why guys might find her attractive why even start a thread about it? :s-smilie:

but I'm picking a fight?

k den

I asked why it was so prevalent here when I don't see it in person

That's all..
Original post by malena123
I agree with the OP. I mean, I don't even know if this is photoshop-ed or real but this is by no means attractive. (I know this is probably a bit more extreme than what the OP is saying but I think I'm conveying the gist across). body-builder-29.jpg

what the hell, this is just sick on every level possible

Tbh this is the sort of bodytype that would get you killed in a zombie survival situation.

Just fat with no muscle. Bet she can't run for 5 minutes without getting tired.

I'll be damned if I ever date a girl that would hold me back during a zombie apocolypse

Latest