The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend...Want a guy's opinion please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Usmani770
Sorry I didn't mean it like that, I meant you shouldn't be ashamed or even affected by the fact you haven't been in contact with a guy, I think it is a stupid societal pressure these days..

I blame Disney, still obsessed with it and I'm in first year of college!
Im 17..18 in August and I'm the same. Never done anything with a guy. I feel like guys are more attracted to knowing that you aren't willing to get with just anyone so for them its an added bonus! its not weird at all so theres no need to be embarrassed honestly.
Original post by Abby_W31
That's a bit tight?

Then again I think I'd like a guy with a bit of experience?

You just agreed with me lol
Original post by hello101010
You just agreed with me lol

It was more the way you said it than what you were saying.
Reply 104
Original post by Anonymous
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

So guys, what would you think if a girl told you this?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, I'd much prefer it if I was in the same boat. Relationships, and the things they lead to, can teach you a lot but they can also mess you up pretty good if you aren't ready for one.

My personal advice? Stay away from the guys who have had previous sexual partners and think you're 'special' for not sleeping with anyone yet. They are the guys who will likely think you're a naive conquest and treat you as such.

Go for a guy who is in your shoes, who is also inexperienced. Also, before you date anyone, make sure you're ready for it. There is absolutely no reason to force yourself into a relationship just to get it over and done with.

You have it all to look forward to but be sure that any guy you go out with wants the same things as you. If it doesn't feel right, don't push yourself.

Find someone patient and kind, and be patient yourself. A great relationship is two people going the same direction. If you want to be happy, look for someone compassionate because that's what it needs. All the rest is just noise.
Some people like causing trouble

Some people need attention none stop more like.
Original post by BoBosus
Well it does otherwise it wouldn't be frowned upon. Rape is possible by your logic that doesn't matter either.

I'm not even going to bother arguing, you obviously are just out for an argument I was simply pointing out a single experience.
Original post by Twinport53
Some people need attention none stop more like.

Same thing, just causing arguments for the sake of it, obviously immature.
Haha yeah, some people hey?
So what about your relationships if you don't mind me asking?

Theres just no saving some people eh haha!

Me? I was with my ex 3 years, from October 2010 til October 2013. Unfortunately I got a bit depressed with my job in May of last year and it totally knocked me for six. From then on we started too drift apart and by the end we were seeing each other out of necessity more than love. Eventually called it a day 6 month ago.

Tbh, I am sad we split, but I am glad because it opened my eyes too the world again, we were both in a rut for various reasons, me with work, she dropped out of uni. But being single has given me new energy to get my life back on track! And I am alot happier, I have got personal goals I want to achieve over the next few months, which I would not of even set this time last year.

So not all bad! :smile:

How about you?
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

My first thought is this: you're eighteen. Plenty of time for that when it happens, but don't go looking for it. It means more when it just happens of its own accord.

My next thought is this: from my own point of view, you having done nothing with a guy before wouldn't put me off. It's a journey you'll be going on, and in that position (I actually am in that position with the girl I'm seeing) I would just try to make it as comfortable and fun a journey as I could.

In short, you have nothing to be ashamed of; nothing to be embarrassed about. Just be discerning about who you do take the early steps with.

And if anyone says 'well a cuddle is just a cuddle' or 'a kiss is just a kiss' - as if those were mundane things - au contraire. There is nothing mundane about any way of showing genuine affection.
Theres just no saving some people eh haha!

Me? I was with my ex 3 years, from October 2010 til October 2013. Unfortunately I got a bit depressed with my job in May of last year and it totally knocked me for six. From then on we started too drift apart and by the end we were seeing each other out of necessity more than love. Eventually called it a day 6 month ago.

Tbh, I am sad we split, but I am glad because it opened my eyes too the world again, we were both in a rut for various reasons, me with work, she dropped out of uni. But being single has given me new energy to get my life back on track! And I am alot happier, I have got personal goals I want to achieve over the next few months, which I would not of even set this time last year.

So not all bad! :smile:

How about you?

Sounds like you're better off without her to me?

I'm very much the same situation as the thread starter, no boyfriend (Bar a guy who I "Went out with" for a week but all we did was go for an hour walk) but I'm still young and want to concentrate on school work first.
Reply 111
Original post by Tootles
My first thought is this: you're eighteen. Plenty of time for that when it happens, but don't go looking for it. It means more when it just happens of its own accord.

My next thought is this: from my own point of view, you having done nothing with a guy before wouldn't put me off. It's a journey you'll be going on, and in that position (I actually am in that position with the girl I'm seeing) I would just try to make it as comfortable and fun a journey as I could.

In short, you have nothing to be ashamed of; nothing to be embarrassed about. Just be discerning about who you do take the early steps with.

And if anyone says 'well a cuddle is just a cuddle' or 'a kiss is just a kiss' - as if those were mundane things - au contraire. There is nothing mundane about any way of showing genuine affection.

I like the way you think. People are so desensitized after a few relationships it becomes very easy to forget how intense physical showings of affection used to feel. Really, they should be taken with far more responsibility and consideration than they are.
(edited 9 years ago)

I'm very much the same situation as the thread starter, no boyfriend (Bar a guy who I "Went out with" for a week but all we did was go for an hour walk) but I'm still young and want to concentrate on school work first.

Yeah, I think I am better off without her aswell. Its difficult when a relationship gets 'comfortable' because when people stop making an effort, everybody suffers. But yeah, I am in a much better place mentally and physically for it. I now feel I have the experience too make a success of any future relationship after potentially making some mistakes in the last.

Yeah, definitely stick in with school, I started seeing her in 6th form, and my work suffered because I was missing some of my lessons so I could be with her when she had free lessons. Bit stupid, but that's love I supposed. You get blinded by it :smile:

Doesn't mean you cant start seeing somebody though! Even if its just abit of fun.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, I think I am better off without her aswell. Its difficult when a relationship gets 'comfortable' because when people stop making an effort, everybody suffers. But yeah, I am in a much better place mentally and physically for it. I now feel I have the experience too make a success of any future relationship after potentially making some mistakes in the last.

Yeah, definitely stick in with school, I started seeing her in 6th form, and my work suffered because I was missing some of my lessons so I could be with her when she had free lessons. Bit stupid, but that's love I supposed. You get blinded by it :smile:

Doesn't mean you cant start seeing somebody though! Even if its just abit of fun.

I'll get desperate if I've not got someone by the end of uni but for now I don't mind that much.
Reply 114

Good girl, you don't need a boyfriend you don't need to feel loved your dad is there to do that. When you are rich (unlikely) the guys will respect you and will want your children.

OK thanks for telling me your life story that I was dying to know about. :lol:

Tbh, I am sad we split, but I am glad because it opened my eyes too the world again, we were both in a rut for various reasons, me with work, she dropped out of uni. But being single has given me new energy to get my life back on track! And I am alot happier, I have got personal goals I want to achieve over the next few months, which I would not of even

You loved her so much that you stayed with her. I mean it was fate that this would have occurred as both are not excelling in life. Trust needs to be built in order to build a stable family and a marriage that actually sees it'd days to senescence.
I'll get desperate if I've not got someone by the end of uni but for now I don't mind that much.

Haha there's no need to be desperate, just let it happen! Don't put a timescale on it.

I think I'll feel the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BoBosus
x

Your really boring. Your trying to judge me and other people when you don't even know us?

And was that post directed at you. Nope.

Get to bed, its after 10pm

i'm a 15 year old girl, who wants to wait until i'm 18 to have my first kiss and all that, some of my friends already had sexual relationships but right now i flirt but never anything beyond that, i find flirting fun but I want to find someone special to share my first kiss, of course I would prefer an experienced male to give my first kiss to.
And I know some guys who told me they like me really likes the fact that I never had a boyfriend and all, they think i'm 'innocent' and 'cute'..which in my opinion I really am not.
Original post by Othelo
I like the way you think. People are so desensitized after a few relationships it becomes very easy to forget how intense physical showings of affection used to feel. Really, they should be taken with far more responsibility and consideration than they are.

This has made me think my first kiss and everything is an even bigger deal than I thought it was haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending