The Student Room Group

Anyone crammed (2 days) for sociology A2 and got A/B?

Cramming is probably my fate at the moment, just wanted to know if any TSR students have had any luck with this? Like basically learning everything in 2/3 days and still managing to salvage a good grade?

Thanks!
I crammed two days, minimal sleep got A* in unit 4.
I crammed 5 for unit 3 and got an A
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlchemistt
I crammed two days, minimal sleep got A* in unit 4.
I crammed 5 for unit 3 and got an A

Do you have really good short term memory?

I think I'll have to cram as well :s-smilie:
Original post by NOONA.
Do you have really good short term memory?

I think I'll have to cram as well :s-smilie:

Memory isnt great, i just made essay plans so i didnt really do content.
I wouldnt advise it unless you have too but it does work, a few of my friends did the same and we all came out with high grades
Original post by aworldalone
Cramming is probably my fate at the moment, just wanted to know if any TSR students have had any luck with this? Like basically learning everything in 2/3 days and still managing to salvage a good grade?

Thanks!

I never revised for unit four because I just absorbed it all in class...I just practiced papers and crammed all the theories and research methods in a week. Only needed a D for an A overall but got an A in the exam...A2 sociology is the easiest thing ever. I think I miss it a little bit!
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Memory isnt great, i just made essay plans so i didnt really do content.
I wouldnt advise it unless you have too but it does work, a few of my friends did the same and we all came out with high grades

You have restored my faith in being able to do well, well done on your grades!

Do you have any example for your preparation style/essay plans?
Original post by und3niable_
I never revised for unit four because I just absorbed it all in class...I just practiced papers and crammed all the theories and research methods in a week. Only needed a D for an A overall but got an A in the exam...A2 sociology is the easiest thing ever. I think I miss it a little bit!

What topics did you do for unit 3 and 4? Can you share any of your learning resources? Thanks for your reply :smile: I'd be so happy to get an A in August!
What topics did you do for unit 3 and 4? Can you share any of your learning resources? Thanks for your reply :smile: I'd be so happy to get an A in August!

Robb Webb, the massive textbook, make essay plans on that from each topic and subtopic
Topics eh.. if i remember correctly.
Unit 4: functionalism + gender + science (Hard 33)
Unit 3: Sects+ fundamentalism + Marx (easy 33)

Unit 3: Mass media
Unit 4: Crime and deviance w/ research methods

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending