The Student Room Group

HELP OCR Geography sustainable desicion making; How to do well?

So, I did a mock test, and struggled greatly. Ended up with a D. The real thing is in two days. How can I make sure to get at least an A?
Original post by BluFang
So, I did a mock test, and struggled greatly. Ended up with a D. The real thing is in two days. How can I make sure to get at least an A?

i got 36/40 in my first ever mock :biggrin: all i can say is answerall questions in PEEL structure and use the sdme booklet at all times.Use it to back up the things you say and answer the question
Reply 2
Fam, we're in the same class..
Reply 3
Original post by Angelo12231
i got 36/40 in my first ever mock :biggrin: all i can say is answerall questions in PEEL structure and use the sdme booklet at all times.Use it to back up the things you say and answer the question

But thanks anyways xD and check your private messages
Original post by BluFang
But thanks anyways xD and check your private messages

oh ivans, i forgot about blufang gaming lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by AlphaNick
howww to do well? live swaps with me :cool:

Heheh, I don't quite trust you sir...
Reply 6
oh ivans, i forgot about blufang gaming lol

*RedFangGaming
Reply 7
It's so weird that we're not getting the resource booklet until the actual exam, even though we get half an hour to read it through in the exam. My school think that it will probably be tropical storms that will come up. Does your school have any predictions?

From the mocks that I've done, I think the best way to answer questions is just to take a step back and look at what it's actually asking you because I know I'll often rush into writing something that's completely irrelevant.
trut me im predicted 9 A* 2 A

*Trust me, I'm predicted 9A*s and 2As* Ha with that spelling, i don't think anything will trust you... First get 9A*s and 2As, then we'll talk :3 so I'm sure we will never talk
Reply 9
Original post by AdaamCarter
It's so weird that we're not getting the resource booklet until the actual exam, even though we get half an hour to read it through in the exam. My school think that it will probably be tropical storms that will come up. Does your school have any predictions?

From the mocks that I've done, I think the best way to answer questions is just to take a step back and look at what it's actually asking you because I know I'll often rush into writing something that's completely irrelevant.

Yeah, I think tropical storms is likely to come up, and maybe Tectonic hazards, so earthquakes and volcanoes
In my opinion, tropical storms is easier to deal with, as you can come up with defenses like sea walls and levees
I doubt Volcanoes will come up though
Original post by BluFang
Yeah, I think tropical storms is likely to come up, and maybe Tectonic hazards, so earthquakes and volcanoes
In my opinion, tropical storms is easier to deal with, as you can come up with defenses like sea walls and levees

This sounds pretty pathetic but I basically have no idea what to revise for it. I'm focusing on management but the questions are usually pretty ambiguous
Reply 11
sorry ive had a bit too uch vodka tonight... T_T

We know.
Reply 12
Original post by AdaamCarter
This sounds pretty pathetic but I basically have no idea what to revise for it. I'm focusing on management but the questions are usually pretty ambiguous

Well, just like my buddy Angelo stated, just use PEEL structure, and as long as you have general knowledge of the overall topic, you shouldn't really have a problem.
Original post by BluFang

Actually... its highly unlikely earthquakes will come up as it came up for june 2013... Volcanoes has a chance because they would ask why people continue to live near volcanoes and such questions etc etc etc. But most likely tropical storms as it seems more of a choice for AQA
Reply 14
Actually... its highly unlikely earthquakes will come up as it came up for june 2013... Volcanoes has a chance because they would ask why people continue to live near volcanoes and such questions etc etc etc. But most likely tropical storms as it seems more of a choice for AQA

Fertile land, tourist attractions, etc. Correct?
Original post by BluFang
Fertile land, tourist attractions, etc. Correct?

ivans you will do good... you should be stressing about RE

Quick Reply

Latest