The Student Room Group

Conchita is not a "she"

Thomas "Tom" Neuwirth (born 6 November 1988), better known as the drag persona Conchita Wurst, is an Austrian singer. Wurst represented Austria and won the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The singer uses female pronouns for herself when in the role of Wurst.

You can't just switch around from 'he' to 'she'.

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Tom is a guy who dresses in female clothes and has a beared that is soo thick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Tom is a guy who dresses in female clothes and has a beared that is soo thick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bet he's got something even thicker :sexface:
He's a Drag Queen. Whenever someone is performing as a drag queen you normally refer to them as a she.
Original post by ilem
Bet he's got something even thicker :sexface:

No he dosent. If he has a thick beard his :sexface: decreases in size. You cant have both a thick :sexface: and a thick beard.

:sexface: = penis in this context

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I find him/her interesting, and enjoy his/her singing, and if I could I would see him/her in concert because he/she can really sing.
Original post by manchesterunited15
You can't just switch around from 'he' to 'she'.

Discuss.

She gets to choose whatever pronoun she wants to use to describe her. As a matter of politeness, you use that.

It's pretty damn simple.
Original post by Mad Vlad
She gets to choose whatever pronoun she wants to use to describe her. As a matter of politeness, you use that.

It's pretty damn simple.

Brb calling myself a turtle. Everyone must now acknowledge me as a turtle.
Brb calling myself a turtle. Everyone must now acknowledge me as a turtle.

Fine. :erm: Was that supposed to be controversial?

No? It was meant to point out that you can't just call yourself something you're not and expect everyone to go along with it.
No? It was meant to point out that you can't just call yourself something you're not and expect everyone to go along with it.

The point is, why wouldn't you just use that pronoun? A person's identity is theirs to define - not yours. It's simply respectful to use the pronoun that matches up with their identity. It's not like it's any skin off your nose, is it?

[EDIT] Also, you're mistaking a noun for a pronoun. :fyi:
(edited 9 years ago)
Her song was the wurst in the whole contest.
The point is, why wouldn't you just use that pronoun? A person's identity is theirs to define - not yours. It's simply respectful to use the pronoun that matches up with their identity. It's not like it's any skin off your nose, is it?

In some ways, yes, but not this one. In the same way that I can't identify as black; it's just not true.
Reply 13

Do you refer to Dame Edna as 'he'?

He's just a very insensitive person with no regard to the transgendered or non binary.

Wouldn't bother wasting my time... Won't get far in the real world!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Pesto
Her song was the wurst in the whole contest.

:dry:
Original post by Ronove
Do you refer to Dame Edna as 'he'?

I don't refer to Dame Edna as anything, I am unaware of Dame Edna
Original post by Lord Jon
He's just a very insensitive person with no regard to the transgendered or non binary.

Wouldn't bother wasting my time... Won't get far in the real world!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite.
I don't refer to Dame Edna as anything, I am unaware of Dame Edna

In some ways, yes, but not this one. In the same way that I can't identify as black; it's just not true.

surely race is analogous to sex rather than gender.

Quick Reply

Latest