The Student Room Group

'half a gcse RS'

why do people say RS is only a half gcse? when infact it's not? in year 11 you do RS as a short course, on a CV applying for a job you're not going to right you have half a GCSE in RS are you? you would just right for example; RS: B
Reply 1
Most people only do a half course in Religious Studies.
Reply 2
Original post by bencs25
Most people only do a half course in Religious Studies.

isn't half a course just known as a short course though?
Reply 3
In all honesty, I don't think it matters. R.E. and I.C.T. (particularly the short course versions) are considered a joke, in the grand scheme of GCSE options.
It's a short course hence why it's half, some people don't count short courses, when I was applying for sixth forms both of mine were discounted
Reply 5
Original post by jxde
isn't half a course just known as a short course though?

I thought that was where you did Religious Studies but you didn't get a GCSE in it (not even a half)?
Original post by jxde
why do people say RS is only a half gcse? when infact it's not? in year 11 you do RS as a short course, on a CV applying for a job you're not going to right you have half a GCSE in RS are you? you would just right for example; RS: B

As others have said, a 'half GCSE' is a short course. There is the option to take the full course in RS (if your school offers it).
Original post by jxde
You should write RS: B (Short course). Of course that depends on the level of detail you cover GCSEs in on your CV. They don't appear on mine (neither do my A-levels) so it wouldn't really matter.

Quick Reply