The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend...Want a guy's opinion please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Othelo
I like the way you think. People are so desensitized after a few relationships it becomes very easy to forget how intense physical showings of affection used to feel. Really, they should be taken with far more responsibility and consideration than they are.
This is pretty much what I was thinking - my first kiss was on my twenty-second birthday and I was wasted at the time. Yes, I can remember it, but it didn't really mean anything. The first time I cuddled a girl was around the same time (with a different girl), and she became my first girlfriend. Kissing and cuddling her wasn't the most amazing of experiences. It just... was what it was.

Then when I got with my second girlfriend, the cuddling was a lot better, the kissing was a lot better, and it felt generally very good.

And now, with the girl I'm seeing... it's just different. She's never been with a man before, and while she's surprized me with her confidence, her... innocence... has made me stop and appreciate the moment a little more. And it just feels right. With her, the only reason why I don't regret it not being my own first flight is that I make it a policy in life to not have regrets, but find something to learn in everything that's happened to me and that I've done.

She and I have shown each other affection openly for quite some time now, and we're long-distance, so each time we see each other it continues to be special, intense, and - cliché as this sounds - magical.

:moon:
Me neither, OP! I'm 17 years old, and have had virtually no contact with the opposite sex in terms of attraction etc.

But it's cool. Anyone who gets bothered by it isn't worth worrying about, as they're completely clueless to things that actually matter. How many guys you've been with ain't one of them.

Don't get down about it! :smile:
I was like the OP at 18, never had a boyfriend, never kissed anyone and no one had an interest in me. I met my boyfriend at uni and he was completely fine with it, tbh he likes the fact that he's the only guy I've been in a relationship with.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

So guys, what would you think if a girl told you this?

I'm not a guy but a lot of people I know at uni had never had any sexual experiences with a guy before the age of 18, and it really had very little bearing on their attractiveness/social adeptness. My boyfriend of a year was a virgin one month short of 20 when we first had sex last year - this wasn't a problem at all for me, even though I started having sex relatively young and had already had a long term relationship (4 years).

Don't make it a big deal and it won't be one - I wouldn't admit it like some kind of confession but just keep it light :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by Anonymous
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

So guys, what would you think if a girl told you this?

I'm 18 religious (hindu) never kissed a girl or anything like that,everyone in my familly is like this ,I always tell people and they understand.
Original post by Twinport53
Haha there's no need to be desperate, just let it happen! Don't put a timescale on it.

Maybe, I said earlier, I don't know why but I always wanted to fall in love young?

Original post by BoBosus
Good girl, you don't need a boyfriend you don't need to feel loved your dad is there to do that. When you are rich (unlikely) the guys will respect you and will want your children. OK thanks for telling me your life story that I was dying to know about. :lol:

1) You sound so patronising when you say that
2) That post from Twinport wasn't directed at you, I asked about his relationship and he told me

Original post by Jack22031994
I think I'll feel the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I hope to do Veterinary at uni so I'll be mid 20's by that time.
Original post by Abby_W31
Maybe, I said earlier, I don't know why but I always wanted to fall in love young?

Yeah, I don't see why not, nothing beats having somebody to share your life with. Also, when its cold at night nothing beats cuddling in bed, who needs a hot water bottle in winter eh?
Yeah, I don't see why not, nothing beats having somebody to share your life with. Also, when its cold at night nothing beats cuddling in bed, who needs a hot water bottle in winter eh?

Exactly! :biggrin: I always wanted kids young too, again I don't really know why but I always did. Probably so I would be more likely to live through all their special moments, getting married etc
Exactly! :biggrin: I always wanted kids young too, again I don't really know why but I always did. Probably so I would be more likely to live through all their special moments, getting married etc

Special moments like sleepless nights and nappy changes. Can't wait haha!
Special moments like sleepless nights and nappy changes. Can't wait haha!

You trying to put me off? I don't ind all that stuff, there's loads more special times to make up for that!
You trying to put me off? I don't ind all that stuff, there's loads more special times to make up for that!

Like... :tongue:

I don't know, I've never had kids ... yet!

Cna you do me a favour and look on this thread- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2675200
I don't know, I've never had kids ... yet!

Let me know if you need a hand in future :tongue:
Let me know if you need a hand in future :tongue:

Haha, I'm pretty sure I'll manage thanks, you've not seen the size of my two dogs!
Haha, I'm pretty sure I'll manage thanks, you've not seen the size of my two dogs!

You trying to scare me?

Also I posted in that other thread :smile:
You trying to scare me?

Also I posted in that other thread :smile:

They're honestly HUGE!

Thanks will go and look now
Original post by pierreboobvier
Me neither, OP! I'm 17 years old, and have had virtually no contact with the opposite sex in terms of attraction etc.

But it's cool. Anyone who gets bothered by it isn't worth worrying about, as they're completely clueless to things that actually matter. How many guys you've been with ain't one of them.

Don't get down about it! :smile:

And you're such a cutie as well!

Good advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're honestly HUGE!

Thanks will go and look now

Got your comment and replied :smile:
Original post by Miroka
I'm 18 religious (hindu) never kissed a girl or anything like that,everyone in my familly is like this ,I always tell people and they understand.

But I'm not a religious hindu ;D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending