The Student Room Group

AS ocr philosophy and ethics exam 2014 predictions

can anyone help me with what questions might come up this year as I don't really know what to focus my revision on ... ?
Reply 1
http://www.philosophicalinvestigations.co.uk/index.php/blog/1314-2014 make sure you also read the comments at the bottom of the page by other teachers and people etc, as they all offer their ideas on what the question will be, also check out the resources on this page, im also taking/studying this subject and it was a great help!!! good luck!!! and good luck to us all hahaha!!!
Original post by Harri_3
can anyone help me with what questions might come up this year as I don't really know what to focus my revision on ... ?

Hey, just popping this in philosophy as more people should respond there. :smile: Good luck!
I'm actually retaking this exam.
What topic out of design and cosmological are you thinking of doing? Last year I did cosmological and I completely flopped it as there is too much content. This year I'm doing design and problem of evil which are proberly the best ones to do.
For ethics- situation, utilitarianism and religion&morality. Loads of content but simple topics. Just war is like death.
Reply 4
Asked my teacher about exam predictions and she flat out refused saying in previous years they've noticed a pattern but one year it didn't follow the pattern etc and I said I wouldn't hold it to her if they got it wrong but she did mention science and religion
I hope Cosmological argument come up and the Problem of evil..
Reply 6
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, just popping this in philosophy as more people should respond there. :smile: Good luck!

Thanks, wasn't to sure how to put it there or anything ! :/
Reply 7
With Philosophy I've focused on Plato+Aristotle, the three arguments for the existence of God (Ontological, Cosmological, Teleological) and a bit on Problem of Evil and Religion & Science to try and cover all bases
For Ethics I've covered Utilitarianism, Natural Law, Situation Ethics and Kantian Ethics with some detail and mainly Genetic Engineering, Abortion and Euthanasia for the moral issues.

Does anyone have any predictions based on the previous papers what topics are likely to come up, and if I should try and cover more the topics to be safe? I've been getting As all year in essays but when it comes down to the timed conditions and not having any notes I'm worried I might flop hahaha
Haven't you covered the Moral argument by Kant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Dazzling_Belinda
Haven't you covered the Moral argument by Kant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I always end up doing very last minute revision, I'll go through it now and try and at least have enough knowledge to answer a question if I have to, is everyone else learning every topic?
(edited 9 years ago)
I think there is a good chance of Natural Law in ethics along with something about moral absolutism/relativism

Philosophy I think possibly cosmo/teleological, goodness of god and aristotle
I've done every topic apart from the science part. I find that difficult and not going to choose it if it comes up in the exam. Im just reviewing over my notes?
Do you think its a good idea for me to learn science&religion? 2 days before exam...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can the predictions be the same in the Religious Studies paper? But on philosophy of religion side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harri_3
Thanks, wasn't to sure how to put it there or anything ! :/

Don't worry, navigating can be a bit confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending