The Student Room Group

Final year students - any regrets?

This week we had the last formal gathering of the final year undergraduates on my course. It felt quite strange because I strongly suspect that - apart from exams - this will be the last time that the whole group will be together.

I know two of the overseas students will NOT be coming to the graduation day in November so this week was the time for goodbyes and good lucks.

BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I have been part of a group of 4 since the Induction Week. We all lived in Halls for the first year and in my house (long story) for the last 2 years. Looking round the lecture theatre I would guess that I didn't really know much that about 20% of the cohort and knew virtually zero about 4 of them. As in - I never remember speaking to them!

Should I be regretting this?
Original post by Orphan
This week we had the last formal gathering of the final year undergraduates on my course. It felt quite strange because I strongly suspect that - apart from exams - this will be the last time that the whole group will be together.

I know two of the overseas students will NOT be coming to the graduation day in November so this week was the time for goodbyes and good lucks.

BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I have been part of a group of 4 since the Induction Week. We all lived in Halls for the first year and in my house (long story) for the last 2 years. Looking round the lecture theatre I would guess that I didn't really know much that about 20% of the cohort and knew virtually zero about 4 of them. As in - I never remember speaking to them!

Should I be regretting this?

I've also only been a group of 4 in a cohort of around 80, and I've no regrets at all. In my case, - some are not the kind of people I would see myself hanging around with outside of uni, and so that's how it goes!

Some people are social butterflies and the rest of us aren't - but I wouldn't worry about making friends in 3 years of uni when you (hopefully!) have many times more years and people ahead of you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending