The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend...Want a guy's opinion please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But I'm not a religious hindu ;D

Does the concept not still apply?
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

So guys, what would you think if a girl told you this?

Not a guy, but 17 (18 in June) and in exactly the same position :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abby_W31
Does the concept not still apply?

I'm not religious so nope! I have some religious people in my family, but my branch of the family are quite easy going so it doesn't affect it :smile:
Reply 143
This has made me think my first kiss and everything is an even bigger deal than I thought it was haha!

It's not a big deal as in, something you need to be apprehensive or anxious about, but it's a big deal in that it'll be something meaningful for you, and so you should wait until it feels right. :smile:
Reply 144
Original post by Tootles
This is pretty much what I was thinking - my first kiss was on my twenty-second birthday and I was wasted at the time. Yes, I can remember it, but it didn't really mean anything. The first time I cuddled a girl was around the same time (with a different girl), and she became my first girlfriend. Kissing and cuddling her wasn't the most amazing of experiences. It just... was what it was.

Then when I got with my second girlfriend, the cuddling was a lot better, the kissing was a lot better, and it felt generally very good.

And now, with the girl I'm seeing... it's just different. She's never been with a man before, and while she's surprized me with her confidence, her... innocence... has made me stop and appreciate the moment a little more. And it just feels right. With her, the only reason why I don't regret it not being my own first flight is that I make it a policy in life to not have regrets, but find something to learn in everything that's happened to me and that I've done.

She and I have shown each other affection openly for quite some time now, and we're long-distance, so each time we see each other it continues to be special, intense, and - cliché as this sounds - magical.

:moon:

Well I'm glad it's working for you both. Personally I've made enough mistakes in the past to know it's far better to find someone compatible, whatever that means for every individual.

In the past I've jumped into things just because, without really thinking about it, and I realized it's a lot better to be patient and enter into something with someone who thinks like I do, who I know has the same ideas about what a relationship is etc.

It can be easy to get caught up, especially when we first start out having relationships, and to misunderstand what's important, get sidetracked in it all and make silly mistakes. My best advice to anyone is to know who they are in-and-out as an individual before they start trying to get to know someone else beyond surface level.

The best thing I ever did for myself was take a seriously long break from having relationships and just focus on what I was, what I want in life, where I'm going, who I am, really.

Then I can discover someone who clicks with that. I realized being selective, as in finding someone compatible, was far better than trial and error.
I'm not religious so nope! I have some religious people in my family, but my branch of the family are quite easy going so it doesn't affect it :smile:

Fair enough, would you still wait until you were married to go to bed with someone though? If you don't mind my asking.
Fair enough, would you still wait until you were married to go to bed with someone though? If you don't mind my asking.

I doubt it. I'd want to be with the person a few years before sleeping with them, because I'd want to make sure they're the right person, and seeing as I'm not that religious, I don't see the point in waiting until after marriage? I probably wouldn't declare it to my family though haha. If he was religious, and wanted to wait then I would be absolutely fine with that.
I doubt it. I'd want to be with the person a few years before sleeping with them, because I'd want to make sure they're the right person, and seeing as I'm not that religious, I don't see the point in waiting until after marriage? I probably wouldn't declare it to my family though haha. If he was religious, and wanted to wait then I would be absolutely fine with that.

Yeah, I don't know if I would (Of course assuming it felt 'right' and all) Because they say that it's painful so wouldn't that ruin it a little?
Yeah, I don't know if I would (Of course assuming it felt 'right' and all) Because they say that it's painful so wouldn't that ruin it a little?

Ruin what?
Ruin what?

The atmosphere/ mood of what's meant to be a special night.
I'm nearly 18 and I've never had a boyfriend. Never kissed someone, or even held hands or cuddled a boy. Literally done nothing with a guy.

I find it embarrassing to even admit it to my friends, so admitting it to a guy scares me a bit!

If I happen to find someone who likes me, I'm worried that telling him might put him off a bit.

So guys, what would you think if a girl told you this?

Same thing, I'm nearly 19 and haven't done anything with a guy, apart from a bit of flirting. It used to get to me, like when I hear people talking about when they had their first kiss at 16 or when people my age have been in tons of relationships already. But it bothers me less, I know it sounds really sad but I'd rather wait for someone special and have a long-term relationship than have loads of pointless relationships :smile:
Original post by pink pineapple
Same thing, I'm nearly 19 and haven't done anything with a guy, apart from a bit of flirting. It used to get to me, like when I hear people talking about when they had their first kiss at 16 or when people my age have been in tons of relationships already. But it bothers me less, I know it sounds really sad but I'd rather wait for someone special and have a long-term relationship than have loads of pointless relationships :smile:

Yeah, I get down sometimes too because a lot of my friends are in relationships and then there's just me. But like you I'd prefer something long term rather than lots of short term stuff!
Yeah, I get down sometimes too because a lot of my friends are in relationships and then there's just me. But like you I'd prefer something long term rather than lots of short term stuff!

Quite a few of my friends are in long-term relationships too but the again, I'm going to uni in September so I'm not really sure if this is the right time to get into a relationship anyway, yay for being single! :tongue:
Quite a few of my friends are in long-term relationships too but the again, I'm going to uni in September so I'm not really sure if this is the right time to get into a relationship anyway, yay for being single! :tongue:

You wouldn't try a long distance?
The atmosphere/ mood of what's meant to be a special night.

Oh right yeah! I think that too. You'd wait all that time to do it, and then not enjoy it once it happens haha :')

Yeah exactly the same here! I just don't like how inexperienced I am haha!
Oh right yeah! I think that too. You'd wait all that time to do it, and then not enjoy it once it happens haha :')

Exactly! I think I'd do it once before and then wait?
Your only 18. Doubt anyone would care.
Exactly! I think I'd do it once before and then wait?

Yeah me too. Gives you a chance to "get to know" your partner too!
Yeah exactly the same here! I just don't like how inexperienced I am haha!

Are you hot?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending