The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
7 points (8 if you assume GD) between us and the title. Absolutely miles better than last season, definitely on the up.

That being said:

Everton (H)
Southampton (A)
Swansea (H)
Stoke (A)

Could have won us the title even with the away game massacres.

Each one of those fixtures are tricky and the probability of us winning each is not higher than 0.8 (realistically 0.65), so the real chance of us winning all of those fixtures is only between 0.18 and 0.4(very optimistic)! Not very likely.

In all honesty we are deserved 4th place finishers. We went through a period of shocking injuries that left our midfield shattered and it hurt us big time.
Reply 2901
Original post by baconbutty
aren't you? or are you happy to accept mediocrity every season?

I'm joyful. What's the difference between 2nd-4th?

But seriously though, how you feeling given that Arsenal didn't fail as gloriously as you hoped?
aren't you? or are you happy to accept mediocrity every season?

heh, who said mediocrity?

I believe the word you are looking for is consistency.

could watch this aaaaalllllll dayyyyyyy :biggrin:
Original post by samir12
So it's okay for the entire Arsenal society to wum the Liverpool thread but when someone comes into the Arsenal thread and wums, that's apparently not okay?

If you can't take ****, dont give it out.

You are massively missing something here, Arsenal fans have been wummed for the last 9 years.

And it's not the entire Arsenal society, probably 7 posters at the most, so don't label all of us gooners.
Original post by Thugnificent.
who finna hit da fa parade if we win the ting next week.

9 years is a long wait.

catch me there braaaaaaahssss

Yeah I'm on that alright

Where's everyone watching the final anyway? I'm heading down to Wembley for the game, going to watch it in the pub down there and then head back into Holloway after to celebrate (hopefully) :smile:
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Each one of those fixtures are tricky and the probability of us winning each is not higher than 0.8 (realistically 0.65), so the real chance of us winning all of those fixtures is only between 0.18 and 0.4(very optimistic)! Not very likely.

In all honesty we are deserved 4th place finishers. We went through a period of shocking injuries that left our midfield shattered and it hurt us big time.

As peggles pointed out in 3/4 of those games we were in a winning position. Had we held on in those and managed a point from Stoke we'd be on 86 points.
Original post by 419
I'm joyful. What's the difference between 2nd-4th?

But seriously though, how you feeling given that Arsenal didn't fail as gloriously as you hoped?

They did fail to be top for the vast majority of the season and by the end to be battling for 4th place is a glorious failure if i've ever seen one
Original post by Zürich
Yeah I'm on that alright

Where's everyone watching the final anyway? I'm heading down to Wembley for the game, going to watch it in the pub down there and then head back into Holloway after to celebrate (hopefully) :smile:

Where abouts?

I'm going to head down.
Original post by samir12
So it's okay for the entire Arsenal society to wum the Liverpool thread but when someone comes into the Arsenal thread and wums, that's apparently not okay?

You're oblivious to the fact that Arsenal got it the worst this season and Liverpool fans were all over our thread for the majority of it so don't chat ****.

Arsenal had nothing to be WUMd for today. Liverpools own goal did. Don't use the "if you can't take **** don't give it out" cause if anything it applies to you here.

Would be understandable if it was a Liverpool fan, but he's not .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
4th place again wenger has to go

He won't expect a new deal to be released within the coming days.

:sad:

The only way I can see him going is if we **** up the Final which we are entirely capable of doing.
Original post by Pete_91
Where abouts?

I'm going to head down.

Dont know Wembley very well but there are 5 or 6 pubs on the High Street that'll do the job! Should be a good atmosphere!
Original post by samir12

Did you not tell Arsenal fans to **** off in that thread? So you already think it's not okay and can't take it either.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Did you not tell Arsenal fans to **** off in that thread? So you already think it's not okay and can't take it either.

Same person who was oblivious to the fact that the person who WUMd the most was a UTD fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2914
**** it. I expect a genuine title challenge next season, changing it from 3rd. We actually finished within 3 games of the title. Wow. The PL is full of average teams. Sign a semi decent striker, a winger, replace Sagna and Arteta. Sorted.
Looool Nasri taking the mick. Leave it out babes we get it.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Looool Nasri taking the mick. Leave it out babes we get it.

Lol what did he do?!

He looks like a lesbian.
What you only need 5 appearances for a medal now?!

I remember Keown warming up in front of Arsene so he could get on to get his 10th!!
Reply 2918
Original post by Peggles_*
What you only need 5 appearances for a medal now?!

I remember Keown warming up in front of Arsene so he could get on to get his 10th!!

Changed it last season.
Original post by Mr Smurf

I said "they can **** off now" in the sense that they have nothing to wum now that Liverpool are winning. I never told Arsenal fans to stop wumming. Wum all you like, fine, but it annoys me when someone gets really pissed of when they get wummed but are fine with wumming other people.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest