The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
Anyways you lot have 6 days to do your crap Arsenal Trophy jokes.

It will change from 'trophy' to 'league title' in a matter of minutes so don't be surprised when it happens!
Original post by Pete_91
Well he's already implied he's leaving it til after the WC.

Great idea from the boss. Spend when the players value increase as a result of having a great World Cup.
Reply 2942
Original post by samir12
How the **** did I start a "who gets wummed the most competition"? I don't give a **** if Arsenal fans have been the wummed most for the past century. All I'm saying is expect to be wummed and accept it, don't start complaining if you get wummed. Like I said, United and Arsenal fans can wum the Liverpool thread all they like, just don't start complaining if you get wummed yourself. I wasn't aiming at Arsenal fans in general, just AR 95.

Yh you did in your previous posts. And I was pointing out to you we get it worse that you and are used to it. It's you that's getting riled up and throwing the "but you do, you should be able to take it blah blah blah".

Cry me a river

Everyone knows that pistol33 is a waste of space.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
How the **** did I start a "who gets wummed the most competition"? I don't give a **** if Arsenal fans have been the wummed most for the past century. All I'm saying is expect to be wummed and accept it, don't start complaining if you get wummed. Like I said, United and Arsenal fans can wum the Liverpool thread all they like, just don't start complaining if you get wummed yourself. I wasn't aiming at Arsenal fans in general, just AR 95.

I've accepted lots of WUMing this year. There's a time and place for it none the less what Pistol_33 was doing more than trolling since it makes no sense to come in here today. Obviously my fault for taking his bait but that doesn't mean at any point I've said "stop WUMming the Arsenal thread" to anyone else which is what you've implied.

Yet you were questioning why Arsenal fans were WUMming you so why are you telling me now it's wrong to complain?

Compared to some of the others I've hardly said much in that thread today other than criticising your back four (rightfully so) and the obvious reaction comments.

King leonidas got you quite bad and he ain't even an Arsenal fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Koolio
Great idea from the boss. Spend when the players value increase as a result of having a great World Cup.

That argument has never made sense to me. Do you not think selling clubs know that their assets will increase in value if the players have a good world cup? What about if you overpay in order to avoid that risk and the player does **** all at the WC?

Overall, I dont see any advantage to buying earlier in a WC year.
Original post by samir12

we have the most respectable fans on the forum
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Feel it for Norwich though, weird not gonna be seeing the likes of Snodgrass and Hoolahan next year, before this season they've always been that stubborn mid table team threat.

Well, for two seasons :wink: Good to see the bottom 3 go, they haven't added anything quality wise to the league this year especially Norwich who have been dire.

Arsenal outsider favourites for 4th (again) next season. Go put some money on that 5/4. Next season has even more potential than this one.

Original post by little_tom
we have the most respectable fans on the forum

Unfortunately, Arsenal have the most fans thus attract the most ****s. Thus they have the least respectable. Plus there's very few who provide decent insight. 419 is good and Zurich is decent though is prone to be biased and talk about money way too much. Apart from that, there's not any i can think of that add much intelligent discussion to other teams that aren't Arsenal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
I've accepted lots of WUMing this year. There's a time and place for it none the less what Pistol_33 was doing more than trolling since it makes no sense to come in here today. Obviously my fault for taking his bait but that doesn't mean at any point I've said "stop WUMming the Arsenal thread" to anyone else which is what you've implied.

Yet you were questioning why Arsenal fans were WUMming you so why are you telling me now it's wrong to complain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Questioning is not the same as complaining, but fair enough. My apologies, I now get that Pisol_33 does really piss off Arsenal fans on here. Good season for Arsenal IF they win the FA cup, otherwise can you really accept 4th again?
Original post by Gob Bluth

Unfortunately, Arsenal have the most fans thus attract the most ****s. Thus they have the least respectable. Plus there's very few who provide decent insight. 419 is good and Zurich is decent though is prone to be biased and talk about money way too much. Apart from that, there's not any i can think of that add much intelligent discussion to other teams that aren't Arsenal.

Considering I hardly see you post on this thread when we do have a discussion, your opinion is irrelevant. All I see you do on this sub-forum is bum every team other than Arsenal.
Original post by samir12
Questioning is not the same as complaining, but fair enough. My apologies, I now get that Pisol_33 does really piss off Arsenal fans on here. Good season for Arsenal IF they win the FA cup, otherwise can you really accept 4th again?

No, and if we don't win it, he has to go.
Original post by Zürich
That argument has never made sense to me. Do you not think selling clubs know that their assets will increase in value if the players have a good world cup? What about if you overpay in order to avoid that risk and the player does **** all at the WC?

Overall, I don't see any advantage to buying earlier in a WC year.

Think of it this way

It's always possible to sign quality players before a WC. In May 2006 we signed Rosicky, who was one of the best midfielders in Europe that time. And he also had a great World Cup. Was that fluke signing?

I know a lot has changed since 2006 in football but we can still sign quality players under the radar, before WC. Nobody had a clue we'd sign Ozil for that instance.
Original post by Koolio
Think of it this way

It's always possible to sign quality players before a WC. In May 2006 we signed Rosicky, who was one of the best midfielders in Europe that time. And he also had a great World Cup. Was that fluke signing?

I know a lot has changed since 2006 in football but we can still sign quality players under the radar, before WC. Nobody had a clue we'd sign Ozil for that instance.

So managers should sit down and try to predict who will have a great WC? And as I say, selling clubs know all this too. Do you think Southampton would sell Lallana at his par value now or might they demand a big premium to do so? All of this information is priced in. Plus as I say, you are taking the risk that the player doesnt flop at the WC and hence you actually overpay! There are never any free lunches with these kinds of thing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
No, and if we don't win it, he has to go.

Lets be honest here, the major problem is your injuries and Wenger has not done anything in the past few years to solve that problem. Even if you lose the FA cup, I don't think he'll go, but he has to sign a quality striker and add some depth and sort out injuries. He broke the record for Ozil, he has no excuses now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Lets be honest here, the major problem is your injuries and Wenger has not done anything in the past few years to solve that problem. Even if you lose the FA cup, I don't think he'll go, but he has to sign a quality striker and add some depth and sort out injuries. He broke the record for Ozil, he has no excuses now.

Were lacking depth over quality so a massive Ozil like signing isn't a must and most likely won't happen this summer.

About the injury problems, I'm sure no one knows the real root off the problem so the medical team would be the first to blame.

There's a supposed investigation going on about it, so we will probably hear more about it during the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by little_tom
Considering I hardly see you post on this thread when we do have a discussion, your opinion is irrelevant. All I see you do on this sub-forum is bum every team other than Arsenal.

Ok son. Praised Arsenal quite a lot this season. For the record, my take on Arsenal's season is that it has been overall excellent. 79 points is a fantastic tally, and with an FA Cup final that caps off a great season. The gloss taken off a bit when you consider the drubbings received by the top 3 away. 6-0, 5-1 and 6-3 away to any side is unacceptable for a side looking to challenge. Those results aside great season for you guys :smile: Progression with some great talent coming through. Ramsey's goal today just sums up his season. Unrecognisable to the player he was last season.
This time next week we may be in tears of joy or tears of pain!! Lets hope it's the former!!
Original post by Peggles_*
This time next week we may be in tears of joy or tears of pain!! Lets hope it's the former!!

No ones going to be in tears of pain since if we lost we'd all be used to it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sagna can leave man.

Sagna-
appearances: 41 (1);
goals: 1;
Assists:3

Carl Jenkinson-
appearances: 8 (7);
goals 1;
Assists: 2
Original post by ohcomeonwtf
Sagna can leave man.