The Student Room Group

Do you revise for French reading/listening exams?

If so, how?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dolphins321
If so, how?

I honestly don't know xD I've just done last year's paper and have a learnt a bit of vocab, but that's about it xD
Reply 2
Nope, done nothing! Geography and Additional science is my top priority as they're both on the following day.

But all I'm planning to do is go over keywords, and maybe do one paper tonight. ^^
Reply 3
Original post by thechemistress
I honestly don't know xD I've just done last year's paper and have a learnt a bit of vocab, but that's about it xD

Yep me too:tongue:
I think how well it will go is a lot down to luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Asiret
Nope, done nothing! Geography and Additional science is my top priority as they're both on the following day.

But all I'm planning to do is go over keywords, and maybe do one paper tonight. ^^

Same, they're both definitely more important to me too. What are you hoping for in French?
Original post by Asiret

Yeah, same here. I've got Geography and
B2/B3 the next day too xD
Reply 6
Yeah, same here. I've got Geography and
B2/B3 the next day too xD

Yep, same as me. Are you ready for them? I'm just trying to learn the case studies :s-smilie:
If so, how?

For listening, it's more about strategy than actually translating every single word into English.
In edexcel papers, there always a question where the speakers debate on choosing one out of 3 options (such as what kind of film to see), and the answer is always the one that they mention last in the convo. Weird huh? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by kelly_kelly
For listening, it's more about strategy than actually translating every single word into English.
In edexcel papers, there always a question where the speakers debate on choosing one out of 3 options (such as what kind of film to see), and the answer is always the one that they mention last in the convo. Weird huh? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on edexcel, so I'll remember that! I much prefer reading though.
If so, how?

I have been doing past papers, but I am concentrating on my other subjects, but I do not want to fail french.
Reply 10
My teacher encouraged us to look over high frequency language that is bound to come up in the exams :smile: Best of luck to anyone sitting the french exam tomorrow :biggrin:
Yep, same as me. Are you ready for them? I'm just trying to learn the case studies :s-smilie:

Readyish xD B3 I've been going over again because I'd forgotten what I'd learnt in the Humans and the Environment topic but apart from that, I think I'm ready xD
I've got about another 5 or so case studies to learn for Geography, so I might start that now xD
Original post by Otter_
My teacher encouraged us to look over high frequency language that is bound to come up in the exams :smile: Best of luck to anyone sitting the french exam tomorrow :biggrin:

Good luck to you too :h:
YES Have you tried recording yourself on your phone going over questions or paragraphs that you think are essential for the exam and then listening to it over and over again until it sticks, like listening to a song and learning the lyrics. You could also get someone else to ask you questions on the things written in your book.
Check out this website as it may also help you: -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesiz... OR past papers

I hope this helps
Good luck in your exam
Reply 14
Readyish xD B3 I've been going over again because I'd forgotten what I'd learnt in the Humans and the Environment topic but apart from that, I think I'm ready xD
I've got about another 5 or so case studies to learn for Geography, so I might start that now xD

What exam board are you on for geography?
Honestly? No, I don't. I cant be bothered to revise it on top of everything else and also, I am unsure as to how it will help me personally. However, I think for the listening, maybe try listening to some simple conversations and answering questions and for the reading, just do a bunch of exercises from your textbook or online.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by PricklyPorcupine
Honestly? No, I don't. For the mocks, I just went in and took the tests for both of them.

And did it work?
And did it work?

Well, yeah I guess although what's there to work? :tongue: I didn't do anything so I just call it luck.
What exam board are you on for geography?

AQA :smile:
Reply 19
We've done a LOT of past papers for French at school so I'm just hoping nothing out of the ordinary comes up for the actual exam and just go for it without cramming and stressing out too much.

Quick Reply

Latest