The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Roger1
You never know though. Ferrer tactics were spot on in Monte Carlo and if he can implement those same tactics again, he will always have a chance. This tournament sucks though with no Federer and Djokovic. Hope that there are back for next week.

Yh the only one pulling in the crowds is Nads and Birdmans match was dead nobody in the stadium so dead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my deity.

Nikishori is 5-1 up against Nadal.
Rarely do you see Rafa open this badly. Only against Verdasco 2 years ago in one of the American Masters have I seen him play this badly. Nishikori on the other hand is been so sharp.
Original post by Sirocco11
Rarely do you see Rafa open this badly. Only against Verdasco 2 years ago in one of the American Masters have I seen him play this badly. Nishikori on the other hand is been so sharp.

He did win Barcelona.
Original post by Rakas21
Oh my deity.

Nikishori is 5-1 up against Nadal.

Quick question, what channel are you watching this on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Quick question, what channel are you watching this on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on Eurosport or Sky Sport.

You can watch it online though (TSR won't allow me to put the link here).
Unbelievable tennis from Nishikori. 3 breaks already against Rafa and totally bossing the points.
Original post by Rakas21
He did win Barcelona.

Yes, I know.
Broken in the second. :eek:

This is embarrassing from Nadal.
3 game points. He needs an Indian Wells like comeback.
Original post by Rakas21
It's on Eurosport or Sky Sport.

You can watch it online though (TSR won't allow me to put the link here).

Ahh right thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
I've now seen enough of Nishikori to believe that he is the real deal, one of the main successors of the current Top guys. Anyone else feel that he could be World Number 1 and a multiple slam winner?
Original post by Krish4791
I've now seen enough of Nishikori to believe that he is the real deal, one of the main successors of the current Top guys. Anyone else feel that he could be World Number 1 and a multiple slam winner?

He was one of the 4 i watched (Tomic, Raonic, Nikishori, Del Potro) to replace the top 4 but i dropped him for Hewitt since he seemed consistent but unimpressive last year (plus Raonic was starting to push). I'm not sure he'd beat the others on hard/grass but since only Del Potro is mildly impressive on clay it's possible he's got a shout in years to come.
Well done Nadal, 4 games in a row.
Reply 594
Nadal so lucky that Kei has an injury otherwise the match would have been already over.
He's given up. 6-0 third set for Rafa at this rate.
Well, at least he got 6-2, 4-2.

Withdraws.
Reply 597
Nadal got lucky today. Kei is a great player but unfortunately his injuries will always be a barrier for him to have much success at the highest level.
Original post by Krish4791

Not sure about no.1, but I reckon he's got the talent to win a slam, perhaps one of the hard courts slams. I knew he was talented, as I've followed him for a long time now, but it's in the last year or so that he's shown he has both the abilities and the willpower to beat any of the top 4. He's beaten both Federer and Djokovic, and has a good handle over the other younger players, too. If it weren't for the injury he would have (and deserved) the title today. His proneness to injuries could however be a problem in the future.
Reply 599
Nadal overtakes Lendl :

Federer = (17 x 2) + (6 x 1.4) + (7 x 1.2) + (21 x 1) = 71.8

Nadal = (13 x 2) + (0 x 1.4) + (6 x 1.2) + (27 x 1) = 60.2

Lendl = (8 x 2) + ((5 + 1) x 1.4)) + (11 x 1.2) + (22 x 1) = 59.6

Quick Reply

Latest