The Student Room Group

Exams

I'm stressing as 18 exams and am not fully prepared for all of them what do i do and revision tips would be good.

Thank you
Reply 1
What exams do you have
Reply 2
Okay what to do is ask for past papers immeadeatly for teachers. Then quickly estimate which exams are more important for you and how soon they are (Hopefully you have an exam timetable).

Get some revision guides and start revising. Make mind-maps, notes, try and compact everything down and remember as much as you can.

Also it's good to actually enjoy what you're studying and using real life examples to apply to your learning.

For example: When learning about diffusion for Biology try and imagine a deoderant can spraying near the entrance to a room. Soon the smell wafts over until everyone in that room can smell it. This is much like how particles move from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration thus this simple scenario can remind you of diffusion.

Don't worry just take a breather- Try your best, and remember to revise! :smile:
Original post by Raja_Hayder
I'm stressing as 18 exams and am not fully prepared for all of them what do i do and revision tips would be good.

Thank you

I've got 21 and am pretty close to jumping out of a window :bawling:

Naw, but seriously, you'll be fine. If you just relax, and get enough sleep (being a zombie for exams is a total nono) it'll be alright.

If you've written notes, just recap them whenever you get the chance. If you haven't you can actually get some pretty helpful stuff on this site. Ask family to quick fire questions randomly. Or, stick up questions around your house in random places. I stuck them on the food, and unless I answer the question I'm not allowed to eat my Nutella :wink:
Original post by HarjKS
Okay what to do is ask for past papers immeadeatly for teachers. Then quickly estimate which exams are more important for you and how soon they are (Hopefully you have an exam timetable).

Get some revision guides and start revising. Make mind-maps, notes, try and compact everything down and remember as much as you can.

Also it's good to actually enjoy what you're studying and using real life examples to apply to your learning.

For example: When learning about diffusion for Biology try and imagine a deoderant can spraying near the entrance to a room. Soon the smell wafts over until everyone in that room can smell it. This is much like how particles move from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration thus this simple scenario can remind you of diffusion.

Don't worry just take a breather- Try your best, and remember to revise! :smile:

Thanks man
Original post by Applescruff

Naw, but seriously, you'll be fine. If you just relax, and get enough sleep (being a zombie for exams is a total nono) it'll be alright.

If you've written notes, just recap them whenever you get the chance. If you haven't you can actually get some pretty helpful stuff on this site. Ask family to quick fire questions randomly. Or, stick up questions around your house in random places. I stuck them on the food, and unless I answer the question I'm not allowed to eat my Nutella :wink:

Lol thanks only if my mum would let me anyway how come youve got 21
Reply 6

That's a really great idea :biggrin:
Lol thanks only if my mum would let me anyway how come youve got 21

Aaah, I've got the joy of taking a couple of A levels a year early (lucky me) which just means more revision...
Aaah, I've got the joy of taking a couple of A levels a year early (lucky me) which just means more revision...

No offence but you must be one of the cleverer kids in your year I imagine anyway what do you want to do as a profession after education
No offence but you must be one of the cleverer kids in your year I imagine anyway what do you want to do as a profession after education

Oooh, that's a hard question. If i ace my GCSEs then I'd love medicine, but I'm not sure I'm that smart. What ever I do, I want to enjoy it (and get uba rich from it)

What about you?
Oooh, that's a hard question. If i ace my GCSEs then I'd love medicine, but I'm not sure I'm that smart. What ever I do, I want to enjoy it (and get uba rich from it)

What about you?

i wanna become a lawyer but dunno if i will make it :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
i wanna become a lawyer but dunno if i will make it :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Optimism!!! Yes you can *serious face* :biggrin:

I'm sure it will all get better after the first exam. I've got French tomorrow (and feel like I don't know anything) but hopefully after that I'll just calm down. A lot. Same for you!
Optimism!!! Yes you can *serious face* :biggrin:

I'm sure it will all get better after the first exam. I've got French tomorrow (and feel like I don't know anything) but hopefully after that I'll just calm down. A lot. Same for you!

I have French tomorrow too :tongue: it's so scary :redface: and the classroom I'm doing the listening in is dark and miserable which doesn't make it any better :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest