The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
It's disgraceful how Gibbs is constantly overlooked by England. Both Cole and Baines are getting on a bit. Gibbo should definitely be considered for Euro 2016.

Played his 40th game today, the most appearances he's had for us in one season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honesty, the less Arsenal players that go, the better. I don't want them coming back injured. I wouldn't mind if Wilshere & Chamberlain were left out if that meant we could keep them 100% fresh for the start of next season.
Original post by little_tom
Honesty, the less Arsenal players that go, the better. I don't want them coming back injured. I wouldn't mind if Wilshere & Chamberlain were left out if that meant we could keep them 100% fresh for the start of next season.

I agree. I couldn't care less about England I want Arsenal players to be fresh for the Arsenal. Jack Wilshere's comments earlier in the season about England annoyed me aswell, Whilst he was getting injured for England Rambo was tearing up the league and as a result Jack doesn't get into a fit and healthy Arsenal first 11. He can only live off that performance against Barca for so long. He needs to get his head in the game and start playing well for Arsenal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
I agree. I couldn't care less about England I want Arsenal players to be fresh for the Arsenal. Jack Wilshere's comments earlier in the season about England annoyed me aswell, Whilst he was getting injured for England Rambo was tearing up the league and as a result Jack doesn't get into a fit and healthy Arsenal first 11. He can only live off that performance against Barca for so long. He needs to get his head in the game and start playing well for Arsenal.

agreed
he it being outshone by ramsay

i thought wilshere would go on and become world class, but he has been largely underwhelming this season, and ramsay has overtaken him

i hope he doesn't go to the world cup anyway; for england's sake, a gerrard/henderson/sterling midfield with sturridge up front would be very beneficial
let's just hope johnson isn't at right back, for all our sakes....

Diaby...:coma:

Ozil
Diaby Ramsey

Might be a bit tasty next season...
England's World Cup might even end early tbh, Italy and Uruguay as your first two games games. But I guess if want to win it you've got the beat the best.
Original post by Zürich

Ozil
Diaby Ramsey

Ramsey/Diaby at away games :coma: **** would be solid. Not had anything like that since we played with a midfield three of Gilberto, Parlour, Vieira.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Ozil
Diaby Ramsey

Diaby as a DM...?
Original post by The Assassin
Diaby as a DM...?

Could see it being a bit like Yaya/Fernaindinho at City with both essentially being B2B but both having the ability to put a defensive shift in. Both Diaby/Ramsey have unbeleiveable engines though so I think it would be a decent foundation for Ozil to strut his stuff as well. Get some pace on the LW and you've got some serious power all of a sudden!

If we get 20 games out of Diaby next season I'll be ecstatic, terrific player.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Could see it being a bit like Yaya/Fernaindinho at City with both essentially being B2B but both having the ability to put a defensive shift in. Both Diaby/Ramsey have unbeleiveable engines though so I think it would be a decent foundation for Ozil to strut his stuff as well.

If we get 20 games out of Diaby next season I'll be ecstatic, terrific player.

yeah fair enough then, that makes sense. Although I've always remembered his defensive shifts & tackling to lack a bit of discipline? Need to see if he still has the legs to do this kind of things too otherwise I don't really see a role for him in your team other than maybe a back-up?
7 points off top..
Had we not drawn against west brom(1-1) delaleofluou not equalised with a banger at emirates(1-1) flamini own goal against swansea in march(2-2), scored and won against moysie boys at emirates(0-0)

we'd have won the damn ting

emotional brehs
Original post by Thugnificent.
7 points off top..
Had we not drawn against west brom(1-1) delaleofluou not equalised with a banger at emirates(1-1) flamini own goal against swansea in march(2-2), scored and won against moysie boys at emirates(0-0)

we'd have won the damn ting

emotional brehs

Nah, it was the Everton (H) Southampton (A) Swansea (H), the latter two more so that done us. All 3 we were in winning positions and should have held on. Southampton away was the beginning of the slide too, we were terrible in the first half of that game and managed to turn it around.

Tbh, we could have lost to United at home, Szczesny pulled off a few quality saves to keep us in the game. We don't have the best of records at the Hawthorns in recent years too.
Original post by sevchenko

Completely agree. I would far prefer arsenal were completely fit and we stand a better chance of winning anything compared to england barely getting out the group stages and us losing a couple of decent players. Jack Wilshere needs to sort his priorities, being out for 2 months because he was too stubborn to come off for England in a friendly is just stupid imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3012
You have to accept Jack for what it is. An antediluvian jingoistic GEL. He'll do a Terry Butcher every for England and Arsenal game if he's asked and will never willingly say he's injured and come off the pitch. Very stupid.

One aspect of our injury record that gets ignored is players honesty and ability to know their body. It's only worsen during an era of really young players who are naturally eager to be in the team, mark their place in the team and thus not jeopardise their position in the squad by taking time out. So they're more likely to be dishonest about their physical health and also likely not to know when they're injured- talking about minor niggle here and there that people dismiss and ignore as placebo which overtime develops into something worse.

Hudgson and Arsene especially are the ones that need to be stronger and pull him out when he's appearing injured. If you need the physio's attention after every tackle, something isn't quite right. You don't need a prevention and wannabe like Verheijin to state it for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Gays. I've decided to make my username as inconspicuous as possible. Bet you won't guess who this is.

Original post by SHOO
United are on it! Bidding already lol

Not really on it. They just know that he's going to the world cup, so if Baines were to get an injury, Shaw comes in and wins England the world cup he's going to cost more than 27M, will ask for higher wages and there could potentially be a bidding war for his services...

They're just trying to get a deal wrapped up quickly because of the world cup. It's interesting that the Lallana deal and Shaw deals have been publicised the second the rumoured world cup squad was announced.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3014
Imagine Luke Shaw asking for 150k.

United sure do love their hype boys. As if the hype over Januzaj wasn't superfluous already.
Original post by 419
Imagine Luke Shaw asking for 150k.

United sure do love their hype boys. As if the hype over Januzaj wasn't superfluous already.

cfba68811629130637fcf1ecb71d8177.jpeg
Reply 3016
So, the top 4 is about to become the top 7? ****ing Villa. Where's Wilfred with his tradition chat.

Original post by baconbutty
cfba68811629130637fcf1ecb71d8177.jpeg

Sup butty,

You still using yohimbe? It could speed up your heart down you know.

We were excited over Jack and no doubt there was a hype around him especially after that Barca performance. United fans were proclaiming Januzaj as the winner of the 2017-2030 Balon D'or after an 80 minutes spell. We didn't even proclaim that he'd win one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Absolutely sickening that Kieran Gibbs is overlooked. Roy Hodgson is actually stupid.
Original post by 419
United fans were proclaiming Januzaj as the winner of the 2017-2030 Balon D'or after an 80 minutes spell. We didn't even proclaim that he'd win one.
I'll be honest and say I think this is entirely in your head, and not just the literal comment. The biggest comment I've head about him is he's the biggest prospect we've had since Ronaldo, but again its prospect. I've not heard anyone describe him as WC.
Reply 3019
Original post by Fizzel
I'll be honest and say I think this is entirely in your head, and not just the literal comment. The biggest comment I've head about him is he's the biggest prospect we've had since Ronaldo, but again its prospect. I've not heard anyone describe him as WC.

It honestly isn't. People went further from the Ronaldo comparison and did say that he'd win Balon D'or that I should just sit and watch. I had the conversation.

On here, I can remember a few troll thread about it and people calling Januzaj hype boy. It's because the hype went into overdrive.

Latest