The Student Room Group

Did you get beaten as a kid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by farrisraza
I put a brave face on to pretend it didnt hurt, but inside im thinkin my dads such a kutha im gna nock him out when im older watch lool

Yeh, when i became bigger than my mum, all of the hiring conveniently came to an end.

It actually took threatening my dad to make him stop.
Original post by farrisraza
I put a brave face on to pretend it didnt hurt, but inside im thinkin my dads such a kutha im gna nock him out when im older watch lool

Haha nice one :smile: lool this is gonna be hilarious I can tell :biggrin:
I still am, the chappal is not something you wanna feel connecting with your face :afraid:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was slapped on the bottom but nothing worse than that really.
Beaten is a bit of a strong word but there were times when a wooden spoon was used :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
With a bamboo stick on my palm

Inb4asianmomz

Posted from TSR Mobile

omfg the dreaded bamboo cane :afraid: never happened on the palm though, only the bum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Yep, by every bloody item in the house lol! I'm African so it's expected, but a couple of times it's been so bad! And I I had kids in the future, no matter what they did wrong I would never hit them. I don't think hitting makes them stop being naughty, but it creates an unhealthy relationship between mother and child..
I'd like to have a best friend relationship with my child, as cheesy as it sounds, talking and understanding is so much more effective in my opinion :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by charlottejyp
omfg the dreaded bamboo cane :afraid: never happened on the palm though, only the bum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Daaaamn, that would leave a mark!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wouldnt say beaten as in abused but beaten just for discipline and sometimes learning how to do things correctly
Reply 69
Smacked, yeah. By both parents on the back of my hand or bum, my dad would sometimes use a slipper.

I won't do it - I think it ought to be illegal.
Reply 70
No I did not. Nor do I see a need to hit my children. I see a lot of people who think that not hitting children has caused a decline in the manners of young children. I have to disagree, I think that I have turned out to be acceptable in the eyes of society but I guess that as all things is debatable...
Disturbing how the Asian/African kids are laughing their arses off at the physical abuse they experienced as children.

As someone posted above, the hitting never made me more well behaved, it just made me more sneaky, fearful and a better liar. I won't be having children because my temper is too short and I wouldn't want my kids to have a similar upbringing to me.
Dat seengla.

:frown:
Original post by Squirb
With a bamboo stick on my palm

Inb4asianmomz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by charlottejyp

Posted from TSR Mobile

They hurt so fricking much.

Didn't have it on the palm though.
Reply 74
Quite a few times really.

I got beaten at football, running races, eating contests...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Srs though I can't even remember if I was disciplined like that, I can't really remember much from my childhood, I hardly remember high school and I'm almost 21.

I don't think I would hit my kids, but I'm sure there's a difference to discipline and downright abuse.
I say I wouldn't hit my kids, but sometimes you see parents who are terrible at raising their kids and they're little ****s and you can't help but wish you could just punt them to the next town sometimes.

Also, babies, what's their problem crying all the time, you're not on fire.
Original post by lilangel217
With a chappal :cry2:

Lmao :biggrin: indian ehh?

ive gotten a couple slaps yeah, im indian but live in dubai, there aiint no laws protecting me here :frown:
Original post by srikanthsrnvs123
Lmao :biggrin: indian ehh?

ive gotten a couple slaps yeah, im indian but live in dubai, there aiint no laws protecting me here :frown:

Not Indian actually :h:

But laws tend not to stop traditional parents anyway :lol:
Reply 77
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They hurt so fricking much.

Didn't have it on the palm though.

It didn't hurt much on the palm, a sting and then a short tingling sensation

And left no marks :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilangel217
Not Indian actually :h:

But laws tend not to stop traditional parents anyway :lol:

ive not really needed laws protecting me anyways, my parents were brought up my traditional parents, but my dad kinda became international when he met my mom, and gave up all his cultural values, our family is tri-citizen, we hold passports from india, canada, and Germany, so they've kinda learned a lot about norms in these countries, and that abuse isn't really justified.
Reply 79
yep still do

dad once gave me a nosebleed, other times i just had to find excuses for red marks and bruises when at school
would i subject my children to that?
Never

Quick Reply

Latest