The Student Room Group

professions that the opposite sex do

Scroll to see replies

i would not like my lady to be an astronaut ? being with those alpha dudes in the Space Station or wherever would be too much of a temptation ?
Original post by matthewduncan
That are dealbreakers ?

Im gonna ask for you guise and girlies to name a max of two so this thread can run smooth. Since im op and im that guy i can name three.

I will start.

I would never date a glamour model
I would never date a girl that works with animals.
I would never date a nurse

Haha why?? I'm so intrigued.

I would never date a lorry driver.
I would never date a Topman manager.
Original post by Georgie_M
I wouldn't not date someone just because of their career choice although I would probably stereotype certain choices as attracting individuals I don't have much in common with.

Such as careers in the army.

They might surprise you :P

Although the stereotype about navy boys and infidelity is sadly true, so fun as they are, I would probably be cautious.
Original post by minimarshmallow
I wouldn't want somebody in the military because of the fear they wouldn't come home. And as a vegetarian I wouldn't like someone who worked in a slaughterhouse. But I can't really think of much else.

It worries me that you wouldn't want someone who kills animals but that your objection to the military is that "they wouldn't come home" not "they kill people" :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Can't think of much that beauty and personality couldn't negate.

Terrorist.
... Just anything illegal, nothing else is a deal breaker really. I guess if you worked in Halal food production or raising caged hens, I wouldn't date that person. But that's all I can think of.

Army etc would be tough, but not a deal breaker. Besides, think of the uniforms. :colone:
Original post by miser
Can't think of much that beauty and personality couldn't negate.

Terrorist.

PRSOM. :tongue:
Can't think of much other than being in the Armed Forces. The worrying, being away for 6+ months at a time, etc.

Other than that, not fussed.

My boyfriend used to want to join the army, when he was having an early-life crisis and was convinced he'd fail all his exams. He didn't, and now wants to be a teacher, so I think that idea was firmly put to bed. Thankfully.
Original post by ellie.rew
It worries me that you wouldn't want someone who kills animals but that your objection to the military is that "they wouldn't come home" not "they kill people" :s-smilie:

I'm assuming that they'd only be killing people who were trying to kill them. I know that sounds kind of naive, but I wouldn't want to date anyone that could kill anyone if they (or someone else they were next to) weren't in danger.
Original post by FoxOnAMission
Why would you not want a girl that works with animals? I would love to have a job like that (unless it's that job where you have to jack off animals) but I didn't know it would be such a turnoff to guys :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

Would they get jealous? :tongue:

I wouldn't say working with animals is a turn off for guys in general. If anything it shows a caring side. Which is attractive imo.
Original post by matthewduncan

I would never date a glamour model
I would never date a girl that works with animals.
I would never date a nurse

What's wrong with working with animals?

There are very few jobs that would put me off, but:

- I would never date a butcher
- I would never date a reverend :p:
- I would never date anyone in the military
Well my partner is military so obviously that common one doesnt apply

I couldnt date a politician or a drug dealer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
Pimp, drug dealer or anything else dodgy.

If I was single and looking for a partner I would prefer to meet someone who wasn't in these professions for the same reason. It wouldn't be a dealbreaker though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I'd be the same to be honest if I really did like them
I'm assuming that they'd only be killing people who were trying to kill them. I know that sounds kind of naive, but I wouldn't want to date anyone that could kill anyone if they (or someone else they were next to) weren't in danger.

At the risk of derailing the thread, military operations consist of two sides trying to kill one another. They'd only be killing people who were try to kill them because they (i.e. your hypothetical partner) were trying to kill them (i.e. the enemy) in the first place. It's a vicious circle. In essence, by joining the military, you are consenting to be asked to go out and kill people and that would, in my opinion (and returning nicely on topic) rule someone out for me as a partner.
Original post by ellie.rew
At the risk of derailing the thread, military operations consist of two sides trying to kill one another. They'd only be killing people who were try to kill them because they (i.e. your hypothetical partner) were trying to kill them (i.e. the enemy) in the first place. It's a vicious circle. In essence, by joining the military, you are consenting to be asked to go out and kill people and that would, in my opinion (and returning nicely on topic) rule someone out for me as a partner.

That's not likely to be the case for, for example, an army doctor. But they would still be out because I'd be worried they wouldn't come home.
I would never date anyone in the military.
I would never date anyone in oil and gas.
I would never date a Tory Councillor/MP.
I would never date a football player who played for Aston Villa.
Anyone involved in anyway with horses.

Aside from that, if they are ambitious and hard working its a thumbs up.
That's not likely to be the case for, for example, an army doctor. But they would still be out because I'd be worried they wouldn't come home.

That's true, I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending