The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French - Monday 12th May 2014

How did everyone find it? I personally found the reading paper horrific. The listening was a little better. The last questions were killers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mannz
How did everyone find it? I personally found the reading paper horrific. The listening was a little better. The last questions were killers!

I found the reading easy :eek: Listening was okay too :colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by badaman
I found the reading easy :eek: Listening was okay too :colondollar::colondollar:

OMG whaaaat, are you French or something?!!:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Mannz
OMG whaaaat, are you French or something?!!:frown:

No xD Why did you find it so hard? :confused:
Reply 4
I think it must have been in a different language. There was no way that was french!!!
Original post by badaman

Same here xD All the vocab I last minute crammed came up :biggrin:
Does anyone know the answer to the first one?

America - good
Britain - mixed
Brazil - good
Australia - bad?
Reply 7
Original post by badaman
No xD Why did you find it so hard? :confused:

Ok so I forgot what infermier was (luckily I still did the doctor profession). And in the reading the last question with advantages of old technology, I completely flopped that. All the past papers I did were so much easier!!
Reply 8
thats what i put down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
That question was so hard, and the one about his party!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the listening was quite hard. the CD stopped on the first question and went D-D-D-D-D-DDDD-IFFF--FF-F-IC-ILE so we were delayed a good 15 minutes LOL it was ridiculous.
The bit about solar panels was really confusing
I think the reading was quite easy ish apart from the bit about parties!! I didn't get the bit with drawing on the walls with lipstick i just put 'drew on the walls'
For the boy being afraid of his dad seeing everything did you put heart attack risk or something??
Reply 11
Original post by codiexxx
That question was so hard, and the one about his party!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? :colondollar: What were you stuck on?
Original post by Radical Lemon

America - good
Britain - mixed
Brazil - good
Australia - bad?

Same apart from for Brazil it said they had a lot of water, BUT a lot of people in towns don't have water in their houses - I put 'Bad', although it could be mixed?

I personally found the listening much easier than usual and the reading not too bad.

But what the heck is a refuse collector? I hope it's a binman :mad:
Original post by thegoodyouth
I think the listening was quite hard. the CD stopped on the first question and went D-D-D-D-D-DDDD-IFFF--FF-F-IC-ILE so we were delayed a good 15 minutes LOL it was ridiculous.
The bit about solar panels was really confusing
I think the reading was quite easy ish apart from the bit about parties!! I didn't get the bit with drawing on the walls with lipstick i just put 'drew on the walls'
For the boy being afraid of his dad seeing everything did you put heart attack risk or something??

lol i put down heart attack
Original post by itsConnor_
Same apart from for Brazil it said they had a lot of water, BUT a lot of people in towns don't have water in their houses - I put 'Bad', although it could be mixed?

I personally found the listening much easier than usual and the reading not too bad.

But what the heck is a refuse collector? I hope it's a binman :mad:

refuse collector is a bin man but i didn't know that :frown:
With Brazil i thought that they had enough water and it asked about the weather so that wouldn't include the distribution of water?
Original post by Angelo12231
lol i put down heart attack

I put heart attack as well haha, don't worry!!
Does anyone have the answers for the reading higher
refuse collector is a bin man but i didn't know that :frown:
With Brazil i thought that they had enough water and it asked about the weather so that wouldn't include the distribution of water?

craaaaaaaapppp i wrote sweeping the streets cuz i didnt know -_-
Reply 18

America - good
Britain - mixed
Brazil - good
Australia - bad?

I put that Brazil was mixed, i thought it was something like in some towns they don't have water in their homes even though Brazil gets a lot of water ( can't remember it exactly)
Original post by Angelo12231
craaaaaaaapppp i wrote sweeping the streets cuz i didnt know -_-

Exactly what I did, I think that slightly unfair as it's not a well known phrase in my opinion - its not as if their supposed to be testing our knowledge of Jobs

Quick Reply

Latest