The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE french listening and reading higher tier exams on 12th may 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sulfur
Woop! :smile:

Should I create an unofficial mark scheme?

Yes please! And for the reading!

Did anyone find the last question for the reading really difficult?
Reply 21
Original post by easyastau
Yes please! And for the reading!

Did anyone find the last question for the reading really difficult?

Unofficial mark scheme - needs urgent help!
Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2677384&p=47549369#post47549369

Was it the advantages one?

I think I got for TV + Radio:

1. TV can censor images

For Smartphones + Internet I got:

1. You can film events

Can't remember other two for each question :P
Original post by Sulfur
Unofficial mark scheme - needs urgent help!
Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2677384&p=47549369#post47549369

Was it the advantages one?

I think I got for TV + Radio:

1. TV can censor images

For Smartphones + Internet I got:

1. You can film events

Can't remember other two for each question :P

I'll have a look.

I put something about organising crime on the internet and some countries don't allow propaganda films on tv so people can put it on the internet
Reply 24
Its done. Thank god. I did my best, and maybe I didn't do well, but you know what? My CW is A*, I'm happy and I hope everyone the best.
Original post by badaman
I thought there was only 1 P/N.
Yeah New Years + Easter.

What about the Solar Panel one?

if I remember correctly I put only one p/n too and I think 2 N s and just 1 P...I think. solar panel was so hard. I put like neighbours thought they were ugly...the payback time for installation is 10 years...doesn't work in cloudy weather....something about made of recycled materials no idea tho and ome wanted itaue they lived in a sunny area
Reply 26
Original post by wisemangirl
if I remember correctly I put only one p/n too and I think 2 N s and just 1 P...I think. solar panel was so hard. I put like neighbours thought they were ugly...the payback time for installation is 10 years...doesn't work in cloudy weather....something about made of recycled materials no idea tho and ome wanted itaue they lived in a sunny area

I put one p/n too and that was for the first one . I put n fort the last and p for the second last , can't remember the second but it wasn't p/n . For the solar panels I got the first as being they saved money but neighbours thaught they were ugly, second I got they are made of recyclable materials but wasn't sure for the disadvantage so I put that they might not function properly . The last one I put it was sunny but it would take a lot of time to get your money back due totdhe high cost of installation.
what did you guys get of the last question for that uniform one.
thanks
Original post by zakimak
I put one p/n too and that was for the first one . I put n fort the last and p for the second last , can't remember the second but it wasn't p/n . For the solar panels I got the first as being they saved money but neighbours thaught they were ugly, second I got they are made of recyclable materials but wasn't sure for the disadvantage so I put that they might not function properly . The last one I put it was sunny but it would take a lot of time to get your money back due totdhe high cost of installation.
thanks

For the last q of the uniform one (Elodie) I got that people can't make fun of people because of what they wear (they mentioned 'moquer' and that you don't have to spend ages in the.morning choosing what to wear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zakimak
thanks

wlel done. after the exam when people discuss their answers, every1 put the things u put for solar panels. omg I had no clue for the uniform one but I put she doesn't have to decide what to wear in the morning and can get dressed faster. wat bout u? also, what did u put for the guy whoi was for school uniform?
Reply 29
I put the same thing about getting dressed quicker, however for the other point I kind of guessed that people make fun of others who wear uniform , this was only because I heard mosques and then guessed. For the guy who agreed I putt chat it's easy for teachers to recognise who is in the school without permission and that it makes student more disciplines so they arrive at lessons ready to work
Reply 30
Ooh for the first uniform question, didn't the guy mention that it wasn't the fashion at the moment and (maybe the second part) that you are easily recognised by it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Unfashionable and everyone looks the same?
Reply 32
Original post by EastGuava
Unfashionable and everyone looks the same?

Yes that's what I put for the first question but I think I put something more along the lines of they lose their individual character/ personality, the disciplined and easily recognised point was about the second part
Original post by zakimak
Yes that's what I put for the first question but I think I put something more along the lines of they lose their individual character/ personality, the disciplined and easily recognised point was about the second part

I think I worded it as terribly as "everyone looks the same". :lol: I wrote about discipline somewhere too. Messed up some of that section, blergh.
Reply 34
I found it relatively hard compared to past papers, maybe just because of the pressure of it being the real thing, so maybe the grade boundaries will be quite low
Reply 35
Found it relatively easy compared to 2013 but still don't think I done as well as I could of, relying on low grade boundaries for this seriously.Oh well, hopefullly I can scrape an A, happy with a B though.

Quick Reply

Latest