The Student Room Group

Eng Lit - Which Quotations Should I Remember?

Hey guys,
Exams are terribly close and I just want to get to the point-Which quotes should I pick for the lit exam?
My books are A View From The Bridge & Of Mice & Men.
These are whole books and I was told to remember key quotes from both. I have no idea what questions they are going to ask so can anyone doing these texts fill me in on the quotes which they have chose?
Thanks!
Reply 1
I`ve only done Of Mice and Men, but this probably relates to those aswell. Just remember quotes that portray the main themes of the book and the main idea about characters (those are the only questions they can really ask, on a theme or a character). Even then , dont worry they do give you a copy of the books in the exam, so if they give a weird questions, you can find other quotes to write about :smile:
Are your exams on 20th and 22nd and which exam board?
Reply 3
Original post by Mav455
I`ve only done Of Mice and Men, but this probably relates to those aswell. Just remember quotes that portray the main themes of the book and the main idea about characters (those are the only questions they can really ask, on a theme or a character). Even then , dont worry they do give you a copy of the books in the exam, so if they give a weird questions, you can find other quotes to write about :smile:

Hmmm, my teacher said that we wouldn't be able to take in our books, but thanks for the other info.
Reply 4
Original post by Daniiiiiixoxo
Are your exams on 20th and 22nd and which exam board?

I'm doing Edexcel IGCSE,
Paper 1-20th.
Paper 2-23rd.
Original post by gwagon
I'm doing Edexcel IGCSE,
Paper 1-20th.
Paper 2-23rd.

Ohh mines AQA... My OMAM and AIC are on the 20th and my Anthology one is on the 22nd... Im not looking forward to it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by gwagon
Hmmm, my teacher said that we wouldn't be able to take in our books, but thanks for the other info.

No you dont take in your own copies of the books, they give you fresh new copies, without notes in the exam :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by gwagon
I'm doing Edexcel IGCSE,
Paper 1-20th.
Paper 2-23rd.

Are you doing language aswell by any chance?

I've got the quotations for the books by reading the books and when i reach an important quote i say it aloud. It irritates my mum but it works.

I'm wondering what anthology texts are coming up. I think in the second lit paper they might ask about God and religion in the poems, The Tyger and Do not go gentle into that good night.

Tell me what you think..
Reply 8
Original post by Mav455
No you dont take in your own copies of the books, they give you fresh new copies, without notes in the exam :smile:

Lol in that case I'll have to do some digging in my school because my English teacher said the exact opposite! :P
Reply 9
Original post by Daniiiiiixoxo
Ohh mines AQA... My OMAM and AIC are on the 20th and my Anthology one is on the 22nd... Im not looking forward to it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is anyone? :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by muntilol
Are you doing language aswell by any chance?

I've got the quotations for the books by reading the books and when i reach an important quote i say it aloud. It irritates my mum but it works.

I'm wondering what anthology texts are coming up. I think in the second lit paper they might ask about God and religion in the poems, The Tyger and Do not go gentle into that good night.

Tell me what you think..

Yeah I'm doing Lang as well, but that should be a piece of cake as I have done Lang past papers before and gotten A stars without opening my book.
The thing is in Lit you have to go in deep lol.
To address your last point, I wouldn't just focus on thing only. I would study for all the poems and work on the links between a duo/triad of poems with similar themes.
Original post by gwagon
Yeah I'm doing Lang as well, but that should be a piece of cake as I have done Lang past papers before and gotten A stars without opening my book.
The thing is in Lit you have to go in deep lol.
To address your last point, I wouldn't just focus on thing only. I would study for all the poems and work on the links between a duo/triad of poems with similar themes.

Yhh I totally agree. I'm trying to go over everything but it's hard, i'm worried i might miss something and get totally shocked in the exam.

Lit is going to be pretty good, because there's only a select few themes, for section C and we've studied the books.
One of the things I do is remember 6 devices in each text on the anthology.

Hopefully my memory doesn't run away on the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending