The Student Room Group

French exam Monday 12th May (higher/higher)

Is anyone doing the AQA French exam on Monday? If so, are you doing higher/higher? how are you finding the course? difficulty etc...
Reply 1
Original post by charlenko
Is anyone doing the AQA French exam on Monday? If so, are you doing higher/higher? how are you finding the course? difficulty etc...

I'm doing it :smile: higher for reading and listening it's not too bad until you get to the last page of the listening.. That's just evil >.>
Reply 2
Original post by Grabbitar
I'm doing it :smile: higher for reading and listening it's not too bad until you get to the last page of the listening.. That's just evil >.>

I agree, the English comprehension questions are ridiculously hard. For prep I have been doing some A Level questions and some of them are a whole lot easier than GCSE
Reply 3
I agree, the English comprehension questions are ridiculously hard. For prep I have been doing some A Level questions and some of them are a whole lot easier than GCSE

Haha good news for me I'm doing it for a level :P I've found listening to French radio really helps because you can hear vocab in context..
It doesn't really help that I need full ums in both these exams to get an a* overall hahaha
Reply 4
Haha good news for me I'm doing it for a level :P I've found listening to French radio really helps because you can hear vocab in context..
It doesn't really help that I need full ums in both these exams to get an a* overall hahaha

I'm exactly the same, planning on doing A Level and then university level French. I need to get full UMS too because I got an A on CAs... I love French TV as well, people say it's rubbish but I love the detective programmes because I feel a strange satisfaction when I can understand them!
Reply 5
I'm exactly the same, planning on doing A Level and then university level French. I need to get full UMS too because I got an A on CAs... I love French TV as well, people say it's rubbish but I love the detective programmes because I feel a strange satisfaction when I can understand them!

Yeah same hahah!! I have a slight obsession with 'extra' or whatever it's called
Do you have any idea what vocab is likely to come up? We have a 30 page booklet to do but I'm not gonna have time to do it all
Reply 6
Yeah same hahah!! I have a slight obsession with 'extra' or whatever it's called
Do you have any idea what vocab is likely to come up? We have a 30 page booklet to do but I'm not gonna have time to do it all

No sorry, I've just been practicing every french word I can muster:-)
Oui. :tongue:
Does anyone have a list of key vocab such as:
environmental problems
social problems like unemployment
celebrations and religion
school
clothes
Jobs

been searching for it but can't find any concise vocal for the exams
Original post by Radical Lemon
environmental problems
school
clothes
Jobs

How about the vocab list on the AQA spec?
Reply 10
Well I'm not gonna revise cause I got A* in my controlled assessments and I get A*s in practice papers so hopefully te same thing will happen in my real exam? I'll probs cram some random vocab tomorrow though
Yes, I am doing both higher but I really don't think it's that hard and I do seem to be getting it; however, others do find the papers quite hard, especially the listening where they have to pick out words
Reply 12
Original post by EastGuava
How about the vocab list on the AQA spec?

Also cRaMiT French AQA vocabulary app has all the main vocab from the exam board if you have a smart phone or tablet.
Original post by Radical Lemon
environmental problems
school
clothes
Jobs

http://www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/files//YR10revisionclasses/French%20GCSE%20vocab%20list%20foundation.pdf
Most of the vocab is correctly translated (like 98%)
It contains both foundation tier vocab and higher. The first half is ordered by topics, then the
next half is ordered alphabetically. Good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
How did you guys find it? :tongue:
Reply 15
How did you guys find it? :tongue:

I thought it was okay, some elements were difficult and the listening was a lot harder than the reading... :smile:
I thought it was okay, some elements were difficult and the listening was a lot harder than the reading... :smile:

I thought the reading was horrible! Haha I got half of that wrong (that lipstick on the walls one I s2g -_-)
Reply 17
I thought the reading was horrible! Haha I got half of that wrong (that lipstick on the walls one I s2g -_-)

I got the lipstick one, I thought the one on modern and old technology was very difficult (the last one on the reading paper)

Quick Reply

Latest