The Student Room Group

Edexcel French GCSE Listening and Reading 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by iz24
Last year's paper was 33 for A* and that was easier though?

I'm thinking around 38-40 for reading, and anywhere from 30-36 for listening (I really can't tell atm)

Lol, they won't make it 38 for an a*??
Reply 41
Did anyone find it harder than past papers?
Original post by JAIYEKO
Did anyone find it harder than past papers?

Reading was definitely harder than last summers'.
Original post by lunabbc
I think that's right. What did you guys get as how the teacher had helped the Russian boy in school and also what did you get that the girl learn from being a representative. I thought the papers were okay apart from the bits that required me to translate. Lol no. I was a hot mess on those questions

i think that was my favourite question :smile:
i wrote he helped him profess especially in french
and made him feel at ease in school

for that one I'm not so sure tbh:/
i wrote something like learnt how to put across their opinions??
Reply 44
unofficial mark scheme for writing pleaseeeeee
Reply 45
Unofficial reading and listening higher mark scheme would be a life saver
If anyone has the questions to remind me I can try and do a listening mark scheme.
Reply 47
Original post by JAIYEKO
Lol, they won't make it 38 for an a*??

I'm talking about the marks I think I got lol
Reply 48
Original post by Nothematic
If anyone has the questions to remind me I can try and do a listening mark scheme.

I can vaguely remember the holiday one:
- What he does usually
- What he did last year
- What he doesn't want to do next year
- What he does want to do next year

I remember options of staying with family/ staying abroad with someone else/ staying in a chalet in the mountains/ staying on a holiday site/ activity site?

Very vague (sorry)
Original post by Nothematic

the questions i remember are the hobbies once with like the football team and the skating
another the class representative
another the accommodation like the holiday house one
the last one with the non smoker guy
and the girl who went to drama classes i think
the unofficial mark scheme would be amazing omgg
Will post at 4:30 tomorrow.
(edited 9 years ago)
was it for a volleyball court bc that's what I put. And I said she learnt that teachers listen to the students but im pretty sure that's wrong lol, was a complete guess
what about the question with the skating and the football team and the park i can't remember the exact questions but it was like a 4x3 grid with all of these words in it and we had to choose the letters
Original post by Yazmin123
what about the question with the skating and the football team and the park i can't remember the exact questions but it was like a 4x3 grid with all of these words in it and we had to choose the letters

Can't remember what the answers were unfortunately. Have a vague recollection of one of them being always wants to go to the park.
Original post by JAIYEKO
You serious? How did you not write anything at first? And I very much forgot everything now sorry. Last question of reading, I had to guess that one.

I thought the last question was the easiest all French question I have done on any exam.
Guys, don't want to be a fun killer. But that 4:30 thing said "4:30 am" that means tomorrow 4:30 doesn't it? This is 4:30 pm. If so, we are still not allowed to speak about it.
Original post by harmingjuli
Guys, don't want to be a fun killer. But that 4:30 thing said "4:30 am" that means tomorrow 4:30 doesn't it? This is 4:30 pm. If so, we are still not allowed to speak about it.

what happens if we do?
Original post by Yazmin123
what happens if we do?

You are hunted down by Edexcel :biggrin: . Jk, I have no idea, the administrators probably give you a red card or warn you.
Reply 58
This paper was far by the most difficult french paper faced compared to the past papers. I would say the reading was much easier compared to the listening I'm pretty sure the grade boundaries will be low as from last years the paper was easy and this was the grade boundary,
A*:32
A:28
B:24
C:20
NOTE THAT THIS WAS LAST YEARS GRADE BOUNDARIES. Overall UMS a* was 270 ums and 240 was an A.
I'm hoping the grade boundaries are lower this year for an A*! I found the reading exam harder than expected with the question about the girl being a class representative. The listening exam was alright but it was far harder than some previous papers... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest