The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Unit 5 Mark's Gospel Exam 12/5/14

So, how did everyone find it? The first question was like, huh? I've got a feeling the grade boundaries will be quite low for this.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 43zombiegit
So, how did everyone find it? The first question was like, huh? I've got a feeling the grade boundaries will be quite low for this.

I hope so too- what did you write ?
Reply 2
I said that it would be easier for Mark to spread the good news to the people of Rome and that the Gospel was written in Greek. There was something else I put, but I can't remember, what about you?
I said that it would be easier for Mark to spread the good news to the people of Rome and that the Gospel was written in Greek. There was something else I put, but I can't remember, what about you?

you had to say : because christians were persecuted in rome so mark would have been thought to write it in rome for christians in rome. Teacher said this was correct... (develpe for second mark)
Reply 4
Original post by Angelo12231
you had to say : because christians were persecuted in rome so mark would have been thought to write it in rome for christians in rome. Teacher said this was correct... (develpe for second mark)

We never got taught this.. What the hell?
We never got taught this.. What the hell?

oh and its written in greek
Reply 6
oh and its written in greek

Awww
Awww

lol? what was the signifacne of son of david (blind bartameous question)
Reply 8
lol? what was the signifacne of son of david (blind bartameous question)

Ah! I think I know this one! The Messiah was to be predicted by the Jews to be from the line of David. It shows that blind Bartimaeus recognized Jesus as the true Messiah, even though he could not see him.
also, mark explains jewish traditions implying he was writing for a non jewish audience in rome not israel
Ah! I think I know this one! The Messiah was to be predicted by the Jews to be from the line of David. It shows that blind Bartimaeus recognized Jesus as the true Messiah, even though he could not see him.

yess .... would i get marks for linking what blind bartimeous it to the fact people said ''blessed is the coming kingdom of david'' showing messianic background and kingship nature?
yess .... would i get marks for linking what blind bartimeous it to the fact people said ''blessed is the coming kingdom of david'' showing messianic background and kingship nature?

Most likely, it seems like a good answer. That's the one I put, it seems most likely to be right, but I may have not included all that needed to be. How did you feel the exam was overall? Hard?
Most likely, it seems like a good answer. That's the one I put, it seems most likely to be right, but I may have not included all that needed to be. How did you feel the exam was overall? Hard?

personally i think i did quite well... i would say it was a hard exam though... just hope for an A* if grade boundaries are low... wbu?
personally i think i did quite well... i would say it was a hard exam though... just hope for an A* if grade boundaries are low... wbu?

Hopefully I did ok, it was harder than I thought but not unbearable.

yep, said that- should hopefully get the marks
Reply 15
whoops, I wrote (for the first question) that it we know it was written in Rome because Mark was with Paul and Peter who would have been in Rome at the time. Is that somewhat close?? Everyone came out of that exam freaking over that question. Some of the 6 markers were a little weird, too.
when's ethics, and what do you think the grade boundaries will be like ?
Reply 17
Original post by asapsimeon
when's ethics, and what do you think the grade boundaries will be like ?

Ethics is next Tuesday (20th May)

I think the boundaries will be pretty low, judging by the general reaction to the exam.
Original post by kjl234
Ethics is next Tuesday (20th May)

I think the boundaries will be pretty low, judging by the general reaction to the exam.

thanks, and me too- hopefully something like 90%
Do we all do the exams on the same day ? i thought the first question was kind of hard , but i managed to write something about how Peter was the first pope and therefore since mark used peter as a source , he would have travelled to Rome to get information from Peter about Jesus , i also said it was written in Aramaic , but i don't know how that relates to the question ? tbh i just wrote what came to my mind ... The question about the blind man , i said how he acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah even though he was blind , this would show that even the less able , were the most faithful, in particular because the person could not see Jesus , and therefore had no idea wether he was or not the Messiah , but he still believed he was , the significance of this would be something about us not being able to see Jesus or God , but still believing, they are who they say to be . I also said how the Messiah was thought to have been a descendant of king David, so yeah he acknowledged him as the Messiah ...

Quick Reply

Latest