The Student Room Group

Py1 is tomorrow!!!!!

Seeing as there are so many other psychology for unit 1 tomorrow threads I thoughts id make one for WJEC

Anyone Ready?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Think I'm almost there. How about you? :smile: Btw, have you made any predictions for the questions we'll be getting? Just want to check if my predictions are anywhere close to other people's.
Original post by asdfghjj
Think I'm almost there. How about you? :smile: Btw, have you made any predictions for the questions we'll be getting? Just want to check if my predictions are anywhere close to other people's.

What are your predictions? :smile: I hope it will be:
1) Bio
2) Behaviourist
3) cognitive
4) bio and behaviourist
5) psychodynamic
Reply 3
Oh wow, I've made the exact same predictions! Fingers crossed, eh? :P I do bear in mind though that Psychodynamic as a therapy has only come up once so far, so that's another possibility for Q2 I guess!
Reply 4
What question do you not want come up
Reply 5
Original post by WannaGetAnA
What are your predictions? :smile: I hope it will be:
1) Bio
2) Behaviourist
3) cognitive
4) bio and behaviourist
5) psychodynamic

I'm feeling behaviourist too Q2 aswell
I feel that there's not much to write about SD
Original post by RealistZ
I'm feeling behaviourist too Q2 aswell
I feel that there's not much to write about SD

I prefer SD and dream analysis, but that came up last year (DA), so idk. But you can't predict py1 /:
Reply 7
I don't want methodology of psychodynamic to come up like **** clinical interviews
I don't want methodology of psychodynamic to come up like **** clinical interviews

I find the psychodynamic methodology quite interesting :smile: what don't you like about it?
Reply 9
It's not that I don't like it I find it interesting too it's just that explaining and linking clinical interviews to the assumptions isn't as straight forward as the others
Reply 10
Also the assumptions of cognitive are a bit hazy at best
It's not that I don't like it I find it interesting too it's just that explaining and linking clinical interviews to the assumptions isn't as straight forward as the others

It helps us understand the unconscious forces that motivate our behaviour. Pts are encouraged to talk about their pasts, including past events in childhood, which Freud believed was a major factor that determines our adult personalities.
How did it go lads?

Reply 13
Ok but rushed on time
Rushed Q5 got all points thru but can't say in detail
Original post by dont leave blank
How did it go lads?

I actually think it went really well :biggrin: I was more than happy with the paper. Hbu?
I actually think it went really well :biggrin: I was more than happy with the paper. Hbu?

I think the questions couldn't have been better as I predicted all apart from q4. I answered all the questions but I rushed at the end of question 5 and run out of time on question 4 cuz I answered it last (only did 3 muddled up paragraphs-2 similarity 1 difference) but overall I am glad :biggrin: What do you think the grade boundary is going to be for an A?

I think the questions couldn't have been better as I predicted all apart from q4. I answered all the questions but I rushed at the end of question 5 and run out of time on question 4 cuz I answered it last (only did 3 muddled up paragraphs-2 similarity 1 difference) but overall I am glad :biggrin: What do you think the grade boundary is going to be for an A?

I also answered question 4 last :smile: I left myself 20 minutes to do it, then just said anything I could think of :") I tried to make it flow as an essay, but it probs didn't lol.

This January, the requirement for an A was 44/60, which is pretty low tbh
I also answered question 4 last :smile: I left myself 20 minutes to do it, then just said anything I could think of :") I tried to make it flow as an essay, but it probs didn't lol.

This January, the requirement for an A was 44/60, which is pretty low tbh

Wow, 20 minutes, that's plenty of time in comparison to mine, I only had 22 minutes left to do the last two essays. That's why I didn't finish. And about the grade boundary, yes 44 is low and the highest that has been is 49/60. I think it's gonna be high for this one but I hope not. :smile:

Wow, 20 minutes, that's plenty of time in comparison to mine, I only had 22 minutes left to do the last two essays. That's why I didn't finish. And about the grade boundary, yes 44 is low and the highest that has been is 49/60. I think it's gonna be high for this one but I hope not. :smile:

This guy sat on the row next to me wrote almost nothing... why would someone go into an exam so unprepared?! I just don't understand
Reply 19
Really happy with the exam Couldn't have asked for better questions :smile: how much have you guys revised for PY2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending