The Student Room Group

What do you think of people out in public wearing Pajamas?

Over the last few weeks I have been observing the amount of people who go out in public wearing pajamas and onesies.
Over say the past 4 weeks, I have seen people in the following places wearing their night clothes

. ASDA
. Park
.Cinema!
.high street
. funfair

it seems to be more and more popular as the weeks went on, the amount of ppl wearing their sleep clothes out in public soared, what do you think about this ?

Scroll to see replies

I don't like it especially in supermarkets but I can see the appeal.
I've done it exactly 2 times but only to the shop a few doors down from my uni house.
1st time was accidentally - didn't realise I was wearing my PJ bottoms. Felt liberating in a strange way :P
2nd time my jeans needed to go in the wash and I couldn't be arsed to get changed, and I thought 'Pete (the shop owner) has already seen me in PJs once, who cares?
Original post by buchanan700
I don't like it especially in supermarkets but I can see the appeal.
I've done it exactly 2 times but only to the shop a few doors down from my uni house.
1st time was accidentally - didn't realise I was wearing my PJ bottoms. Felt liberating in a strange way :P
2nd time my jeans needed to go in the wash and I couldn't be arsed to get changed, and I thought 'Pete (the shop owner) has already seen me in PJs once, who cares?

does his wife know ?
Reply 3
I don't like it myself personally but each to their own. I often see girls about with their hair done and full makeup yet wearing pajamas, which I don't get. Why would you put the effort into doing your hair and makeup yet put on a pair of PJs instead of regular clothes? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mighty Eagle
does his wife know ?

Hahahahaha.

I meant because of my previous PJ outing.

Or did I?
:colondollar:
Reply 5
It's their choice, who am I to judge? :smile:
Reply 6
moved to chat
I admit, I do love spending days at home in my pyjamas. I can totally see the appeal of going out wearing them as well - no effort required. Get up. Go to shop. Get Nutella. Go home. Eat Nutella. Finis!

But I wouldn't actually do it though. Not sure why. Maybe it's because I'd feel all the old people judging and labelling me, and therefore all teens, as lazy.
Reply 8
As long as they aren't over exposed then I see no problem.
It makes me irrationally angry.
It annoys me briefly, then I remember I'm not the one who's a shambles and get on with my life.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It makes me irrationally angry.

Does the anger lead to violence?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It annoys me briefly, then I remember I'm not the one who's a shambles and get on with my life.

do you find it annoying because they're not bothering to make an effort to look good for you?
Original post by dire wolf
do you find it annoying because they're not bothering to make an effort to look good for you?

Exactly. Peasants.
I don't think anything because they can wear whatever the [censored] they want.
:innocent: I wouldn't go any of those places in my onesies, however I am guilty of not bothering to change if I'm just driving someone somewhere or am just keeping someone company in the car on an errand. Also my best friend lives next door so my street see me quite frequently in my jamas.
I don't really care tbh, their choice. I wouldn't personally but if you're just popping to the local shop etc I can understand :dontknow: I often used to see mums dropping their kids off at school in their PJs but the mums would just be staying in the car so I can understand why they wouldn't bother getting changed. Again I wouldn't personally do it, I'd feel a bit exposed :lol:
I'd be a bit jealous that they had the confidence to do so :colondollar:
I think it is a lot better than those people who wear full on addidas tracksuits in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally I don't like it if it's just to make a big show of it but I have done it myself once upon a time. After a drug-fuelled vodka binge I popped to my local shop 2mins walk away in PJs (at about 4am) to get more vodka and cigarettes. I think the pyjamas were probably the least concerning thing to Abdul (shop keeper).

This was in my teenage years when I lived in a dodgy area in the same building as prostitutes and crack dealers, I would never dream of doing this now - oh to be young again.

Quick Reply

Latest