The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography: Are you prepared?

So, the physical section of the AQA GCSE Geography exam is tomorrow, and I just wanted to see how prepared everyone is.

I'm personally quite worried. I got 60/60 on my controlled assessment and have been getting A*s in my mock exams, but I feel as if I forgot everything :/

Scroll to see replies

I know :frown: what topics are you doing?
Original post by michaelzz
So, the physical section of the AQA GCSE Geography exam is tomorrow, and I just wanted to see how prepared everyone is.

I'm personally quite worried. I got 60/60 on my controlled assessment and have been getting A*s in my mock exams, but I feel as if I forgot everything :/

I got an A on my controlled assesment was hoping for an A*!! And i am so scared for tomorrow because i need to get an A* to then be able to get it overall... pressure! :frown: I feel like i don't know enough or that i may got to the exam and totally blank out, eeekk....!
Original post by yeslordsugar
I know :frown: what topics are you doing?

I'm doing restless earth, living world and water on land wbu?
I want an A overall so badly in geography and I'm terrified i wont get it
:frown: I'm doing Restless Earth, Living World and Coastal zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kitty-meaw

I'm doing exactly the same. Only one case study question -_-
Having a major panic now - we didn't have to label the long profile of the river did we!?
Reply 6
Original post by Kitty-meaw

I'm doing the same but coastal zone instead of living world. I spent two weeks stressing over case studies and just one came up. I checked the grade boundaries from the previous years and I feel kind of relieved.
Did anyone use a case study for the 8mark ice on the land question? Wasn't sure if I had to or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaelzz
I'm doing the same but coastal zone instead of living world. I spent two weeks stressing over case studies and just one came up. I checked the grade boundaries from the previous years and I feel kind of relieved.

i sure hope the grade boundaries don't go up, would be very grateful if they went down a bit though as i want to get an A* :smile:
Original post by Matt_the_lad_v2
Did anyone use a case study for the 8mark ice on the land question? Wasn't sure if I had to or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was it again? I can't remember. I don't think I used one apart from the fold mountain one. It didn't say we have to so I assume its possible to get full marks without it
I'm doing exactly the same. Only one case study question -_-
Having a major panic now - we didn't have to label the long profile of the river did we!?

Unfortunately there was a 3 mark question on the long profile diagram...I almost missed it myself! :colondollar:
Original post by rich1334
Unfortunately there was a 3 mark question on the long profile diagram...I almost missed it myself! :colondollar:

haha ikr, i almost missed that question too! luckily i went through my paper and realised we had to do that question :redface:
Original post by Matt_the_lad_v2

How?! :redface:
Original post by thechemistress
How?! :redface:

I put V- Shaped Valley, Waterfall and oxbow lake?
Original post by Marcusroye98

Oh, right. I thought you meant you missed the exam :tongue:
Original post by thechemistress
Oh, right. I thought you meant you missed the exam :tongue:

huh!?D:
Oh damn I'm so angry at myself now
Original post by Marcusroye98

I missed it. Do you think I can still get an A*
Reply 19
I missed it. Do you think I can still get an A*

It's only 3 marks, definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest