The Student Room Group

B1 Edexcel exam tomorrow.

Who has that exam? What topics have you been revising?

Scroll to see replies

Me I have the exam and i have just been going over everthing.How about you?
Reply 2
I have it too... help... I have been revising the carbon and nitrogen cycles specifically, but I am freaking out. Seriously.
(It's nice to know other people around the country have it too though. Pretty cool)
Reply 3
My teacher said that we will need to know about CF, nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle(the exam will have either one), drugs, reflex arc, haemostasis and plant hormones. If you know all this then you are all set for the exam. Is yours at 9am? Are you confident?
Reply 4
Original post by natho49
My teacher said that we will need to know about CF, nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle(the exam will have either one), drugs, reflex arc, haemostasis and plant hormones. If you know all this then you are all set for the exam. Is yours at 9am? Are you confident?

Looks like I need to do some plant hormone revision... haha. Mine is at 8:45 (why so early help) and I'm not too confident... I know homeostasis like a boss though :cool: what about you?
Reply 5
Haha plant hormones aren't that hard- all you need to know is auxins(what they do) and some uses of thier hormones(such as seedless fruit). Wow that is early, does your school normally open at that time? Mine is at 9am :/ believe in your self!! I know homeostasis quite well i now know the nitrgoen cycle but prefer carbon cycle! Drugs is easy:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by natho49
Haha plant hormones aren't that hard- all you need to know is auxins(what they do) and some uses of thier hormones(such as seedless fruit). Wow that is early, does your school normally open at that time? Mine is at 9am :/ believe in your self!! I know homeostasis quite well i now know the nitrgoen cycle but prefer carbon cycle! Drugs is easy:smile:

I have just done the quickest plant hormone revision ever :') our school opens at 8:30! Aw thanks man, you too (you sound like you know your stuff, I am taking my nitrogen and carbon cycle revision cards to bed with me tonight)!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ahannah
I have just done the quickest plant hormone revision ever :') our school opens at 8:30! Aw thanks man, you too (you sound like you know your stuff, I am taking my nitrogen and carbon cycle revision cards to bed with me tonight)!:smile:

Haha it isn't that hard, is it? Wow thats early! thank you:smile: hahha I am not a reviser, I am a procrastinator. You got revision cards?? Better than me I started to write them but then got bored so I stopped haha. What grade are you expecting/wanting to get? Have you also got chemistry on thursday and physics next monday?
Reply 8
Original post by natho49
Haha it isn't that hard, is it? Wow thats early! thank you:smile: hahha I am not a reviser, I am a procrastinator. You got revision cards?? Better than me I started to write them but then got bored so I stopped haha. What grade are you expecting/wanting to get? Have you also got chemistry on thursday and physics next monday?

haha I think I am a bit of both... right now I'm procrastinating but I do revise too :smile: I am hoping for A's... haha, what about you? Yes I do oh god don't remind me -_-
Reply 9
haha same, i do revise sometimes.. I am as well haha wow hope you get your A's.. Are you smart? I'm hoping for B's... did you do the bio course work as well? haha I can see that your not looking forward to them... which do you prefer bio, chemistry or physics?:smile:
Original post by ahannah
haha I think I am a bit of both... right now I'm procrastinating but I do revise too :smile: I am hoping for A's... haha, what about you? Yes I do oh god don't remind me -_-

Original post by ahannah
What was the coursework that you had to do for biology as I did core coursework, additional coursework and further coursework not biology, chemistry and physics coursework.
Reply 11
I did core coursework- the ruler drop test(reaction speeds).
Reply 12
Original post by natho49
haha same, i do revise sometimes.. I am as well haha wow hope you get your A's.. Are you smart? I'm hoping for B's... did you do the bio course work as well? haha I can see that your not looking forward to them... which do you prefer bio, chemistry or physics?:smile:

Haha I wouldn't say I was smart... yeah I did coursework but I genuinely can't remember what it was... I think it was about some kind of chemical reaction haha. I definitely prefer biology but I've been revising chemistry a lot because I suck at it -_- what do you prefer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I bet you are! What mock exam results you got? Why do you suck at chemistry, what topics? And defo bio hahha.. you got any other exams this year?
I have the Exam tomorrow.

I've been revising:
Tropisms
Classification
Sensitivity
Diabetes
Homeostasis
Nitrogen Cycle
Carbon Cycle
Genetic Disorders and all that
Drugs and Lung Transplants
Reply 15
Original post by jakewilson
I have the Exam tomorrow.

I've been revising:
Tropisms
Classification
Sensitivity
Diabetes
Homeostasis
Nitrogen Cycle
Carbon Cycle
Genetic Disorders and all that
Drugs and Lung Transplants

Good topics to revise- good luck!
Reply 16
Original post by natho49
I bet you are! What mock exam results you got? Why do you suck at chemistry, what topics? And defo bio hahha.. you got any other exams this year?

I got an A in biology, B in physics and a C in chemistry lol. I'm not really sure why I'm just not good at understanding it... and yeah all my GCSE's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by ahannah
I got an A in biology, B in physics and a C in chemistry lol. I'm not really sure why I'm just not good at understanding it... and yeah all my GCSE's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow see... you are well smart!! Is there any specific topic you struggle with because I am quite good at chemistry. What subjects you take then?
My strongest, I think, are Homeostasis and Diabetes.
Reply 19
Original post by natho49
Wow see... you are well smart!! Is there any specific topic you struggle with because I am quite good at chemistry. What subjects you take then?

Umm I can't really think right now I'm in my biology mind-set haha. I took triple science, maths, english, music, history, french, food tech and RE :tongue: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest