The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jabire3
Reckon they'll give cardiac arrest?

Wikipedia says they're not the same thing so probably not? :\

Original post by aeroline1999
His mother stayed clam and told his father it wasn't Mathieu's fault

Ooh, I may have got that. I remember it saying "lui", "him", so it was referring to her telling his father... that must've been what I wrote then (hopefully!).
Original post by awdefefew
Yes u r being stupid, cardiac arrest = heart attack, cardio meaning heart

Cardiac arrest =/= heart attack

...And you called the other person stupid :O
I don't think I got why Mathieu and his parents have a good relationship, I just put what happened afterwards (not his fault + learned his lesson).
Is it just me or was the reading paper quite political?
[Edit: My mistake]
is everything on this mark scheme correct ?
Reply 26
Original post by Angelo12231

Possibly - it's answers from students that have been agreed on. Some may be wrong, but I'd think that they're correct or there about. Don't forget that the examiners don't always have one answer for a question, apart from the single mark ABC, 123 etc.
Reply 27
Original post by Sulfur
Under development - some answers may be wrong make sure to post and correct - any answers help.

Listening Paper (40)

Jobs
1. CD
2. BE

3. B
4. D
5. F

Hotel opinions
6. P/N
7. N
8. P/N
9. P

10. F
11. B
12. G

Events
13. A (New Years)
14. D (Easter)

Uniform
15. Why doesn't he like the uniform: Reason 1: Reason 2:
17. Elodie: Reason 1: You can get changed quicker in the morning // Reason 2: People can't make fun of what they wear

?
1. B, He fed the animals
2. A, He felt upset for them

Solar panels
Advantage 1: Good for the economy/save money
Disadvantage 1: They are ugly

Advantage 2: There is lots of sunny weather where he lives in the south
Disadvantage 2: They are expensive

Advantage 3: They are made from recyclable materials
Disadvantage 3: It takes a long time for them to make the money back

Reading (45)

Water conditions in countries
1. G (USA)
2. M (UK)
3. B (Australia)
4. M (Brazil) (B?)
5. B (Switzerland) (G?)

Jobs
1. B (postman)
2. A (nurse)
3. C (refuse collector)
4. C (chef)

Cities
1. A (unfair job market)
2. (Problems that can be avoided/irresponsible city dwellers?)

3. (
Gender discrimination)
4. (Problems that can be avoided?)

Matheiu's party
1. Why did so many people turn up? He put it all on his personal blog
2. What damage was caused? His mum's red lipstick was used to write on the walls
3. What did the police do? Contacted his parents/told everyone to leave in 5 minutes
4. Why was Matheiu scared of his father? He could've had a heart attack
5. What shows that Matheiu has a good relationship with his family? His mother stayed calm and knew that it wasn't his fault

Help/other countries
1. A
2. K
3. A
4. T
5. K
6. T

Advantages of technology
TV + radio
1. TV can censor certain images
2. You can find out what is happening in other countries.
3. You can choose what you want to see (not sure about this one)

Smartphones + internet
1. You can film events
2. You can denounce the crimes governments commit against their people on social media.
3. You can watch funny videos that you can't watch on TV because of censorship.

Wasn't Q3 on the listening paper C?
Original post by DazBoy
Wasn't Q3 on the listening paper C?

nahh B
Reply 29
nahh B

Do you remember what B was?
Original post by EastGuava
I think the heart attack answer is correct; I know others who got that too.

I didn't know the word for lipstick >:C

That lipstick one was tricky, but it said 'rouge....de ma mère. ...ecrire sur les murs' I knew what rouge meant (red) and I knew ecrire was to write, and I knew 'de ma mere' meant that it belonged to the mother (whatever the object was)...then I thought to myself, what's red that belongs to my mother and can be used to write? LIPSTICK! Then I just used context (being a teen and what not) to figure out that teens write stuff on walls at parties xD
Original post by WinterApproaches
That lipstick one was tricky, but it said 'rouge....de ma mère. ...ecrire sur les murs' I knew what rouge meant (red) and I knew ecrire was to write, and I knew 'de ma mere' meant that it belonged to the mother (whatever the object was)...then I thought to myself, what's red that belongs to my mother and can be used to write? LIPSTICK! Then I just used context (being a teen and what not) to figure out that teens write stuff on walls at parties xD

That's some good thinking. I knew the basic words, but I was thinking what on earth is a "levre"??!
according to this mark scheme for reading I picked up every mark, apart from the jobs one where I put sailor instead of postman? I thought the paper said that his hobbies (planche a voile) suited his job? I may be wrong. also I put 3 and 2 the other way round in cities.
Reply 33
Original post by livvyjones98
according to this mark scheme for reading I picked up every mark, apart from the jobs one where I put sailor instead of postman? I thought the paper said that his hobbies (planche a voile) suited his job? I may be wrong. also I put 3 and 2 the other way round in cities.

Could i get an A* overall if i got, A* for writing (mid) A for speaking (mid) A* for reading (high A*) and A for listening (high A)????? :confused:
Depends on your ums score. You need 270 for a* overall. So reading and listening you need 54 ums each and for writing and speaking 81 ums for a*.

Mid a* for writing is about 86ums out of 90
Mid a for speaking is about 75ums out of 90
High a* for reading is about 58 to 60 ums out of 60
High a for listening is about 50 ums out of 60.

So you will prob get about 269 or 270 out of 300. This is just about an a*. But you may have done better than you think so don't worry
Depends on your ums score. You need 270 for a* overall. So reading and listening you need 54 ums each and for writing and speaking 81 ums for a*.

Mid a* for writing is about 86ums out of 90
Mid a for speaking is about 75ums out of 90
High a* for reading is about 58 to 60 ums out of 60
High a for listening is about 50 ums out of 60.

So you will prob get about 269 or 270 out of 300. This is just about an a*. But you may have done better than you think so don't worry
Original post by n2697
Could i get an A* overall if i got, A* for writing (mid) A for speaking (mid) A* for reading (high A*) and A for listening (high A)????? :confused:

i know, why is sailor not the answer?
i know, why is sailor not the answer?

I don't know, the person who posted the mark scheme thinks its postman?
It said that his job involved lots of walking and he had the afternoons free to do wind surfing
Reply 39
I wrote down a postman as well because windsurfing could just be his hobby and usually postmen deliver things in the morning and have to walk from door to door :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending