The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by samir12
Liverpool fans know Flanagan is not a world beater, Johnson is a better fullback than him. Don't try the twist the Cafu anointment just to make it seem that Liverpool fans think Flanagan is a world beater, you probably are the only one who took that anointment too literally lol.

But why the best RB in recent memory? Subconsciously you're saying to yourself he's great. Why not Babel?

There's no obvious glaring comparison between the 2 like we did with Cygan and Zidane (French and bald) and Cafu has no link with Liverpool.
Well for all the hype at the beginning of the season, the supposedly 'best #10 in the world' has been rather disappointing, hasn't he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stopmessing
Well for all the hype at the beginning of the season, the supposedly 'best #10 in the world' has been rather disappointing, hasn't he?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure he has better stats than Silva had in his first season. And he's been playing in a team not set up to his strengths due to injuries etc.So whilst he hasnt looked like a £40m player often enough, he will doubtlessly be better next season.
Reply 3083
Original post by White Dress
lol red cafu is as much in irony as it is in praise of Flanno. 419 is just one of these posters that's generally knowledgable but completely blinkered when it comes to his own club.

x

Talking about this, how's the fella you anointed the new Gerrard coming along? Scored any last minute 30 yarder lately.

How old is he?
Reply 3084
Original post by 419
Talking about this, how's the fella you anointed the new Gerrard coming along? Scored any last minute 30 yarder lately.

How old is he?

Why are you even responding to him? His hunger for attention is just getting fed by so many of our posters here.

Don't waste your energy..
Original post by 419

How old is he?

who are we talking about, Jordan Rossiter? Turned 17 recently. Got a few important goals actually, surprising for a CDM/CM.

Done very well, possible player of the season playing for our U21s at 16, been put in a group of 5/6 of the absolute standouts in Britain at their age (alongside Patrick Roberts, Crowley from your lot, Harry Wilson etc). Reserves season is slow and finished now anyway I think.

He's not really comparable to Gerrard in terms of style, I meant new Gerrard in terms of long term bedrock of the Liverpool midfield/team. Only seen a few games (borderline minimum to judge him on tbh) but plenty of highlights and all touches comps, as well as reading in depth. Think he's well on track.

Spoiler

edit: we generally don't hype youth up like you do - the names Coquelin before he got a game, Lansbury, Merida, jay emmanuel thomas were all so massively hyped. not a dig, just saying that Rossiter is the real ****
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I'm pretty sure he has better stats than Silva had in his first season. And he's been playing in a team not set up to his strengths due to injuries etc.So whilst he hasnt looked like a £40m player often enough, he will doubtlessly be better next season.

Lul

Silva hasn't even played in his right position and has been more of a half winger half AM when he's best in a no.10 role.

He helps build up play more and better than Ozil and is probably a better footballer in controlling the game. Ozil is a stats machine though but he can't keep the game ticking the same way that Silva can.
Reply 3087
who are we talking about, Jordan Rossiter? Turned 17 recently. Got a few important goals actually, surprising for a CDM/CM.

Done very well, possible player of the season playing for our U21s at 16, been put in a group of 5/6 of the absolute standouts in Britain at their age (alongside Patrick Roberts, Crowley from your lot, Harry Wilson etc). Reserves season is slow and finished now anyway I think.

He's not really comparable to Gerrard in terms of style, I meant new Gerrard in terms of long term bedrock of the Liverpool midfield/team. Only seen a few games (borderline minimum to judge him on tbh) but plenty of highlights and all touches comps, as well as reading in depth. Think he's well on track.

Spoiler

edit: we generally don't hype youth up like you do - the names Coquelin before he got a game, Lansbury, Merida, jay emmanuel thomas were all so massively hyped. not a dig, just saying that Rossiter is the real ****

Yh that's the one. Was expecting to see him in the u17 euros after all the hype you gave him but he's nowhere to be seen. Is he injured? He didn't even play in the u21 playoff against united. You sure he's playing that much game and that important to your u21?

Spoiler

Original post by 419
Yh that's the one. Was expecting to see him in the u17 euros after all the hype you gave him but he's nowhere to be seen. Is he injured? He didn't even play in the u21 playoff against united. You sure he's playing that much game and that important to your u21?

Spoiler

There were rumours that he'd be in the team on the last day but aside from the fact that it was a competitive fixture, some (proven) guy with a kid in the set-up said that he was injured. That's all I know, haven't really been following it for the last month. Liverpool youth and call-ups to international teams is a bit iffy anyway, there's some tension I think.

And yeah, I'm sure haha. He's very, very good at his level, very impressive for a CDM. Managed to hold his own against 31 year old world cup veteran Dickson Etuhu. Bits of Mascherano, Allen and Alonso (pick the odd one out lol) in him.

Spoiler

(2:10 lmao)

419 and the whole family

I'm so proud of how far they've come, I'm on the verge of tears.
go to bed yaboy
Shut up.
Gibbs is overrated by you morons, English football rates him just fine.

I recall slagging Wenger off, not comparing him to Rodgers. I'd take Rodgers today though, definitely.

I said Liverpool has more leaders than Arsenal, or rather I said that Arsenal don't have any leaders.

I said that Sterling was the best teenager in the world, and I maintain that.

I don't remember saying anything about Teixeira

quote or piss off, or go back to making memes tommy

LOOOOOL Sterling best teenager in the World? Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stopmessing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope.

"Mesut Özil's first season in England: 39 apps, 7 goals, 13 assists. David Silva's first season in England: 53 apps, 6 goals, 13 assists."

Best first season of any no. 10 in PL history so he's hardly done badly.
Original post by Kruz
LOOOOOL Sterling best teenager in the World? Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

who would you say is better?

i'm not saying sterling is the best in the world, but i would be interested to see which other teenagers you think are currently better than him :smile:
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
who would you say is better?

i'm not saying sterling is the best in the world, but i would be interested to see which other teenagers you think are currently better than him :smile:

I'm currently at work, when I finish I will reply to this properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
in before a list of players kruz has never seen play for more than 90 minutes overall individually.

Also, if you guys don't bear Hull on the weekend you hopefully will get trolled to the max seeing that a lot of supporters here have basically added the FA Cup to Arsenal's dusty trophy cabinet already without even kicking a ball (just disrespectful and arrogant). Chances are you will do it, but the Wigan game game you a reminder that these games aren't easy, lest you forget Birmingham a few seasons back!
Original post by Gob Bluth
in before a list of players kruz has never seen play for more than 90 minutes overall individually.

Also, if you guys don't bear Hull on the weekend you hopefully will get trolled to the max seeing that a lot of supporters here have basically added the FA Cup to Arsenal's dusty trophy cabinet already without even kicking a ball (just disrespectful and arrogant). Chances are you will do it, but the Wigan game game you a reminder that these games aren't easy, lest you forget Birmingham a few seasons back!

Never understood this argument. Of course we expect to win, the bookies have us at 2/7 to do so. It's not arrogant it's just rational. Fans aren't players, it's up to the team not to underestimate or disrespect Hull.

I think we'll win 3-0 or something like that, I dont see why I should pretend I expect a close game? :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Arsenal's biggest mistake will be to hype this game too much and crumble under their self-imposed pressure. Treat it like a normal PL game and you will blow them over since you're quite good flat track bullies.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Liverpool have spent 250+ Million in 5 seasons and have only won just the Carling cup.

But yeah dusty trophy cabinet :wink:. One poxy Carling Cup in five seasons Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest