The Student Room Group

how do you feel that you don't live in London?

Scroll to see replies

I live on the edge of Greater London and I love it, 20 minutes one way and I can get into central London and 20 minutes the other and I'm out in Kent.

London is my favourite place and I feel so fortunate to live so close.
Very good, I live in a small town surrounded by lots of land and it's not expensive like London. It's a win win for me :smile:
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Glad. I grew up near the coast and beautiful countryside, and I'd love the same for my children.

Lionking.PNG
I would honestly not live in London if you gave me £1m.

For £10m I might consider it.
Really don't understand the question
I'm pretty happy I don't live in London. I'm close enough to go there whenever I want though which is good!
London is home to more billionaires than any other city in the world; just a shame I'm not one of them.
Woah, woah, woah. The London bashing on this thread is unbelievable. Appreciate our capital; it's beautiful.
Also why do people always hate their countries largest city? With Americans it's NYC, with Canadians it's Toronto, with the Aussies it's Sydney and so on...
Reply 69
Original post by Jibola240
Woah, woah, woah. The London bashing on this thread is unbelievable. Appreciate our capital; it's beautiful.

It's in response to arrogant Londoners who think its the centre of the universe and that the rest ok the UK doesn't matter.
I live on the outskirts of London and love it. I'm literally a 30-40 minute train journey to the centre, another 30-40 minute train journey in the other direction to the beach and about 10 minutes away from the countryside. Perfect location.

It's weird though because even when you are in the countryside, on a clear day you can actually just about see Canary Wharf in the background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by studos
London is the center. Period.
how do you feel that you are not part of it?

i love Old London Town. the cheery chimneysweeps dancing down the road, cheeky scamps stealing jellied eels from Pearly Queens. ahhhhh !! a man who is tired of London is tired of life.

let's all join in with a good old knees up:

[video="youtube;Oz8NA68UdKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz8NA68UdKk[/video]
Reply 72
Original post by Captain Haddock
London is amazing. You guys need to show more pride in our glorious capital.

Now that's better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Happy, at least my house has a large back garden I can use to bake in the sunshine and I can breath free unpolluted air.
I'd love to live in London, I have to admit. That said, I do enjoy having a positive (mostly) bank balance and the air pollution does drive me nuts.
Original post by Captain Haddock
London is amazing. You guys need to show more pride in our glorious capital.

I nearly chose London for Uni. This picture almost makes me regret my decision. It's so lovely.:redface:
Reply 76
Original post by Jibola240

Nope. Some parts of it, yeah. Some parts of it, :eek:.
Quite fortunate, in all honesty.
Central London is great but at border beyond it is a complete hell hole. It's like a third world nation in the surrounding boroughs
Reply 79
Original post by MASTER265
Central London is great but at border beyond it is a complete hell hole. It's like a third world nation in the surrounding boroughs

:laugh:

this is so true. I live in central mate, and that's even hellish for me :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest