The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography Unit 2 May 16th

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andromeda2.5
I'm doing extreme weather and rebranding. Anyone doing extreme weather... My teacher said he thinks that the weather diary could come up as the 15 marker. What sort of Question would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im doing exactly the same message me!
also Michael gove's daughter is coming to my (STATE!) school in September!! looool errr hope he has a shock :L
Reply 42
Original post by thunder-kitsune
hey guys what would be the best way to revise for this paper? im doing coasts and rebranding :frown: :confused:

I'm doing the same. Going through case studies. Unit 1 was a complete disaster!
Reply 43
i think the best thing would be to get all your notes together and try and remember as much of it as possible. especially for the methods for the fieldwork and research questions.
:ms:
Reply 44
Original post by BenjKl
Same here. Unit 1 screwed me pretty hard. I was so busy on Section B I ran out of time for A....... and lost out 3, 4-5 mark questions. I am done with Geography.

Oh and someone murder Edexcel for this. I see that it's no longer about knowledge but figuring out stupid tricky questions and examiner's petty mood of whether he feels like taking away the mark for that apostrophe you have missed out on a single word.

This is what exactly happened to me. I was doing section B first and got carried away I guess and also missed out a few questions in section A. :frown: also, I agree, that trick question on remittance was so unnecessary!
Reply 45
Original post by lucy97
Anybody know any case studies for rebranding and crowded coasts?

For coasts I think I have some notes on Holderness (very erosive coast) and something about Lulworth (I think it was spelt that way...), and I don't really think I have anything more for that...
For rebranding I'm doing Liverpool: it's a good example for successful rebranding in an urban area (Liverpool One, Albert docks, etc)
For urban rebranding I'm also really studying my own city - Valencia - as there are quite a few examples for attempted rebranding schemes which failed and I know that "first hand"... though I don't really think that's very useful to you.
I guess you could also study London and Sydney for successful rebranding schemes kickstarted by the Olympic games. In the case of Sydney, the 2000 Olympic Games are considered to be successful due to the fact that they helped the environment (so for environment questions that's good).
And Cornwall: it's a good example of successful rural rebranding, with the Eden project and all.

Hope my case studies inspire you? haha
Original post by zomi
For coasts I think I have some notes on Holderness (very erosive coast) and something about Lulworth (I think it was spelt that way...), and I don't really think I have anything more for that...
For rebranding I'm doing Liverpool: it's a good example for successful rebranding in an urban area (Liverpool One, Albert docks, etc)
For urban rebranding I'm also really studying my own city - Valencia - as there are quite a few examples for attempted rebranding schemes which failed and I know that "first hand"... though I don't really think that's very useful to you.
I guess you could also study London and Sydney for successful rebranding schemes kickstarted by the Olympic games. In the case of Sydney, the 2000 Olympic Games are considered to be successful due to the fact that they helped the environment (so for environment questions that's good).
And Cornwall: it's a good example of successful rural rebranding, with the Eden project and all.

Hope my case studies inspire you? haha

In addition to London and Sydney, Manchester is good to talk about with the Etihad built for the Commonwealth games and how it's being expanded into a Sports Academy in the coming years. Transformed the local area, encouraged tourism and businesses, etc :smile:
Reply 47
Hello!
I'm doing edexcel as geography and I was wondering if anyone has advise on how to get all 6 questions done in 1h15 on the unit 2 paper? My topics are Rebranding and crowded coast, I just can't think of the answer and write it in the time we have and I really don't feel confident on this exam, please help!
Thanks
Reply 48
Original post by Sopha8
Hello!
I'm doing edexcel as geography and I was wondering if anyone has advise on how to get all 6 questions done in 1h15 on the unit 2 paper? My topics are Rebranding and crowded coast, I just can't think of the answer and write it in the time we have and I really don't feel confident on this exam, please help!
Thanks

Our teacher told us to spend about a minute getting a few words that you'd use as paragraphs so you know what you're writing so you won't have to keep stopping and thinking and if you don't finish or get all the point the marker might give some points for getting the initial idea down, I feel the same so I'm just practising time management using past papers making sure I'm not spending too much time,
Hope this helped abit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by toria.j
Our teacher told us to spend about a minute getting a few words that you'd use as paragraphs so you know what you're writing so you won't have to keep stopping and thinking and if you don't finish or get all the point the marker might give some points for getting the initial idea down, I feel the same so I'm just practising time management using past papers making sure I'm not spending too much time,
Hope this helped abit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much, I will give it ago!
Reply 50
Original post by iceangel8
Bring in a stopwatch! I did that for unit 1 so you're strict with the timings. You should spend 45 minutes per question :smile:

you only have 1 hour 15 for the whole exam...
I have all the case studies, but what type of question could come up?

I just hope there are no weird questions... not anything related to sustainability
Well I'm relying on this exam to boost my grade up since unit 1 went horrible! I'm doing Extreme Weather and Urban Inequalities
Reply 53
Original post by Hody421
I have all the case studies, but what type of question could come up?

I just hope there are no weird questions... not anything related to sustainability

It depends what topics you are doing but there could be a question on sustainability if you are doing crowded coast, asking about the sustainability of management strategies, we were told that you don't have to write about sustainability as just an environmental thing but there's economic and social too so that should give you more to say :smile:
Original post by Andromeda2.5
I'm doing extreme weather and rebranding. Anyone doing extreme weather... My teacher said he thinks that the weather diary could come up as the 15 marker. What sort of Question would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing extreme weather. I have no idea how to answer the 15 markers! Let alone talk about weather diaries for 15 marks..

Guys how do you talk about fieldwork and research? I always get stuck and just don't know what to write. It's like how would you structure the 10 and 15 markers?
I want above 10+ for the 15 markers and I don't even know If i can get that cuz our teacher taught us **** all on how to answer questions.
Reply 55
Looks like unit 2 will be a failure for me also. The short amount of time is ridiculous, especially if they want us to write 6 essays, and quarter marks are given for QWC.
Anyone ever tried just bullet points with detail or mind mapping in geog exam? If it can give equivalent marks then that's what I'd do, for all exams. Saves time, efficient, and get your point across million times better, it is better in every single aspect.
Original post by Sopha8
It depends what topics you are doing but there could be a question on sustainability if you are doing crowded coast, asking about the sustainability of management strategies, we were told that you don't have to write about sustainability as just an environmental thing but there's economic and social too so that should give you more to say :smile:

Yeah - I am doing coasts.

About sustainability, I have ITCZ Wales as case study and Holderness (evidence of neglect)

Can this come up as 15 marker? I will literally walk out the exam hall if it came as 15 marker.
Original post by parsyyy
you only have 1 hour 15 for the whole exam...

loooooooooooooool is this guy is HIGH or something , talking about 45 min on each question
I'm doing Extreme weather and Rebranding. I don't feel ready, and i think this will be worse than unit 1...
Reply 59
Original post by Guledhassan
loooooooooooooool is this guy is HIGH or something , talking about 45 min on each question

Yo dont be wet change your name to your real name MoeHashi/HassanHabsai please you ****ing pussio :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending