The Student Room Group

TSR World Cup Predictions Competition !

Welcome to the TSR World Cup Predictions thread !

Following on from the Premier League version we are going to have our own World Cup predictions competition :smile:

Prizes ( courtesy of the TSR admins) - winner gets a choice of ONE of these three

Futebol book
Bem Brasil CD
The Ball is Round book

The competition will be run by Superbru.

The deadline for entries is 6pm on Thursday 12th June ( evening first match starts), entries are now closed as this deadline has passed

Good luck:biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I will do it, but won't post spreadsheet until a few days before. Don't even know how every team will look yet.
In. Also not doing anything until the final warm up games have been played.
Booking my place early so my voice can have an influence.

Edit - Mate this is ****ing long! I'll come back to this at a later date.
(edited 9 years ago)
in :smile:
Why not? Don't expect me to be any good though.
in
Reply 7
Thanks for the early interest guys - all I want is an indication you're interested in doing it - no predictions needed this early !! :smile:

I'm pleased to announce that there will be a choice of one of the three prizes that have been listed in the OP ( courtesy of TSR admins)
Reply 8
Definitely in. Need a good summer before I return to defend my Premier League Prediction crown.
Yeah i'm in.
Anyone else putting England down to win the whole thing or is it just me?
Ireland will win, but Krum'll get the snitch.
By the way, if you don't feel like administrating this, I can recommend SuperBru, which will let you set up a private league table.
Original post by Alex Doran
Yeah i'm in.
Anyone else putting England down to win the whole thing or is it just me?

Just you.
I'm not waiting for warm up games or team lists. As PaddyPower said: "When you know, you know. You know?"

Real men don't need facts:

(Also, the 'winner', 'runner up' thing under the points table doesn't work)
(edited 9 years ago)
in
Reply 15
Original post by O133
By the way, if you don't feel like administrating this, I can recommend SuperBru, which will let you set up a private league table.

Thanks for this,, it looks really good and would save me a lot of work / effort. Will discuss the idea with RD208 and post on here accordingly.
Original post by shadowdweller
Ireland will win, but Krum'll get the snitch.

:rofl:

He's an artist!
Reply 17
Original post by BenAssirati
I'm not waiting for warm up games or team lists. As PaddyPower said: "When you know, you know. You know?"

Real men don't need facts:

(Also, the 'winner', 'runner up' thing under the points table doesn't work)

Hmm, I think its because you have saved it as a .xlsx file. If you re-save the file as .xls it should hopefully work.

Will maybe go with the suggestion to use the website so keep an eye on the thread anyway.
Reply 18
Good evening everyone

It has been decided to make it easier to administer the competition will be run on Superbru. Entry is as follows

1. Go to http//www.superbru.com and create an account.
2. Select World Cup 2014 ( NOT WORLD CUP FANTASY)
3. Click on find pool , then "search for a pool".
4. Enter the pool code : pickfarm
5. Our pool should then appear.

YOU MUST POST YOUR SUPERBRU USERNAME ON THIS THREAD. I WILL REMOVE ANY ENTRIES WHO DO NOT POST THEIR USERNAME ON THIS THREAD. YOUR SUPERBRU USERNAME CAN BE DIFFERENT TO YOUR TSR ONE

Example : Superbru username : Maccers

Spoiler

SuperBru username: O133

Quick Reply