The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

If B teams are how England plan to win the world cup then I hope they never qualify for another cup.
Italy won a World Cup without this "B team system" in the Italian league, and also when Italian football was caught up in a match-fixing scandal
Original post by shawn_o1
Italy won a World Cup without this "B team system" in the Italian league, and also when Italian football was caught up in a match-fixing scandal

That's because Italy are awesome :P

Seriously B teams are the worst idea in the world, our entire squad virtually is made up of players that would otherwise be in B teams for various sides :frown:
Petition signed.

... and I actually quite like that Millwall shirt!
Original post by IanDangerously
Petition signed.

... and I actually quite like that Millwall shirt!

Well I guess it represents the glub well...gagging for a fight at all times.
JustEat are our new shirt sponsors :lol:
Altrincham FC have been promoted to the Football Conference national division after a 2-1 win over Guiseley at Moss Lane. 1-1 in 90 minutes then they scored in the 120th minute, right on the end of extra time. Pitch invasion too apparently!

I was gonna go but the transport links are running poorly today and there was meant to be massive queues to get in the ground anyway. They got 4,500 fans in, which is good considering it was £15 a ticket for 6th tier football. Don't really support them anyway but I like the club, buzzing for their fans that they got that big promotion. Nice to have another local team climbing the league too.
Original post by Scott129
Brighton were really, really poor going forward though. Ulloa was so isolated and they never had more than a single man in our box.

I know a Brighton fan and he says they've been **** most of the season, and he has no idea how they made the play offs.
Original post by IanDangerously
Altrincham FC have been promoted to the Football Conference national division after a 2-1 win over Guiseley at Moss Lane. 1-1 in 90 minutes then they scored in the 120th minute, right on the end of extra time. Pitch invasion too apparently!

I was gonna go but the transport links are running poorly today and there was meant to be massive queues to get in the ground anyway. They got 4,500 fans in, which is good considering it was £15 a ticket for 6th tier football. Don't really support them anyway but I like the club, buzzing for their fans that they got that big promotion. Nice to have another local team climbing the league too.

Congratulations Altrincham for doubling Coventry's average crowds. Maybe see them the season after next...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats Alty :manutd:
Would like nothing more than a 5-0 win for Derby at Wembley.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So hoping for a Derby win too, QPR deserve everything they get - missing promotion would just be the start of the iceberg.
I think the entire footballing world (except QPR and Forest) want us to win! :lol:
Of course, would be great to see Redknapp fail. Maybe then people might see he's a con-merchant.
I hope QPR win so we don't have to have Barton in the championship, plus I like Derby away it's a good game.
Original post by Hooby
I hope QPR win so we don't have to have Barton in the championship, plus I like Derby away it's a good game.

I'm moving to London so want as many London teams as possible in the Championship!
Original post by Hooby

Yeah I suppose from a selfish point of view Derby away is the better game, but don't you want to see those gremlins suffer?
Leicester's owner wants to spend £180m to get them into the top 5 in 3 years. Hilarious.
Original post by CraigWM
Leicester's owner wants to spend £180m to get them into the top 5 in 3 years. Hilarious.

Would be if that's actually what was said. The beeb have sensationalised it to hell. What he actually said was that they'd aim to consolidate a prem position and stay there for 3 years, then look to push on and eventually become a top team (no set time limit), and that it might take £180m. Essentially what Southampton and Stoke have done, but looking to push further than they have.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/409485/leicester-city-desperate-to-capitalise%C2%A0

My goal is for Leicester to stay in the Premier League as long as possible. We should be able to stay there for at least two or three years and then my next goal will be taking the team to the top five...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest