The Student Room Group

Edexcel IT exam (14 May)

Thread to discuss and test each other on IT ready for tomorrow!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hate IT -.- maaannnn !!!!!!

How was ur CW?
Reply 2
Original post by FloBold
I hate IT -.- maaannnn !!!!!!

How was ur CW?

cw?
Reply 3
Coursework
Reply 4
Original post by FloBold
Coursework

Oh, it should be an A. It was 64/80 before moderation day but my teacher said he'd try and get it up 2/3 more marks as he thinks around 68 would be an A*.

I really want an A* overall though so need to do well in the paper but have only done a small bit of revision in the lessons so need to cram :mad:

How about you?
Reply 5
Well I thought my CW was really good but my teacher told me 60/80 -.- because of my grammer and spelling. But I am not a native english speaker :redface:

I just hope never to hear the words Community Spirit ever again !!!!!!!!!!
Reply 6
sounds harsh to mark you down for that. How are you revising for the exam tomorrow?
Reply 7
I'm not expecting the exam to be difficult, as the past papers and mocks weren't.

For my coursework I got 70/80.
Reply 8
i havnt done much revision what do you think the most important thing is to revise?
Reply 9
Original post by power28
i havnt done much revision what do you think the most important thing is to revise?

I'm not really sure tbh. There's so much content that I don't really know where to start. I think I'm gonna do a past paper, mark it and go from there. The 6 markers in IT usually don't require much revision as they're about things we do and are familiar with everyday anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by CallumS343
I'm not really sure tbh. There's so much content that I don't really know where to start. I think I'm gonna do a past paper, mark it and go from there. The 6 markers in IT usually don't require much revision as they're about things we do and are familiar with everyday anyway.

whats the hardest past paper you have done?
Original post by power28
whats the hardest past paper you have done?
I've only done 2 papers, one in the yr10 mocks and one in the yr11 mocks. Got A* on both but still worried. Friends seem to be so confident about it though and they've not done much revision for it either :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Tbh I say revise stuff like the communication protocols and connectivity, stuff like that because other stuff is fairly straightforward, or at least I hope it will be ahah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
mhhh we got an entire revision booklet for the gcse in IT but I am so not motivated for tmrw :frown:
Reply 14
Does anyone know what might come up tomorrow?
What would everyone say are the key topics?
Reply 16
Definetly the one with health and ergonomics and stuff like that!

Then comparing computer vs. laptop or laptop vs. tablet computer and questions like "What are two disadvantages of video conferencing?"

Wow I should not have taken IT for my gcse
I swear I've been taught hardly any of this course due to lessons being spent on practical :eek:
I got 66/80 on coursework so one off an A* and really bricking it about the exam thinking I don't know anything!
Original post by _entity
Tbh I say revise stuff like the communication protocols and connectivity, stuff like that because other stuff is fairly straightforward, or at least I hope it will be ahah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would you say is the most complicated stuff for the exam then? What are communication protocols and what type of things do we need to know for connectivity?

Quick Reply

Latest