The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography spec B (13th May) anyone???

did anyone do the WJEC GCSE Geography specification B higher tier exam today? im really panicking about it, it was awful for me and i was completely put off so i wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -sophia-
did anyone do the WJEC GCSE Geography specification B higher tier exam today? im really panicking about it, it was awful for me and i was completely put off so i wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way?
I did it, I didn't think there was a enough time because there was so many long mark questions and I ran out of time to complete theme 2 properly! I know a lot of my friends felt the same way too so I think it was just a tough exam.
Did the exam today! Glad I finished it. Not many people did.
What case studies did you guys use? I hated that question, as it took up majority of the time..
Overall, test went great, wish I had more time. But too late to complain, just hope for the best! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GreenNinjaa
Did the exam today! Glad I finished it. Not many people did.
What case studies did you guys use? I hated that questions.
Overall, test went great, wish I had more time. But too late to complain, just hope for the best! :smile:
I used the Amazon rainforest for theme 2 management of an area and for theme 1 I did retail changes about a town near where I live. I don't mind the case studies, it's the 6 mark questions that threw me
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotteroex
I did it, I didn't think there was a enough time because there was so many long mark questions and I ran out of time to complete theme 2 properly! I know a lot of my friends felt the same way too so I think it was just a tough exam.

i know i think there were so many 6 mark questions and i didnt have time to do 3 seperate points and develop them so i only did two! i ran out of time on the second case study too, the exam structure i thought was so weird because we've never had to annotate a diagram or draw pie charts in past papers before!- it really put me off though :confused:
One of the hardest exam I did. The board has definitely done harder. Did not expect the 3 six markers. However, answered all questions.
Reply 6
I did it. Awful. I think that's the worst I've ever done in a geography exam - I think my teacher will feel let down as he was hoping on me getting full marks like a student last year! Ran out of time completely. Rushed everything. Didn't explain anything properly. Everyone one I knew felt the same - we hadn't been told about the change of format and some people I know didn't finish. Overall, pretty terrible, but hey ho, hoping for the best for the next one...
Reply 7
Original post by iz24
I did it. Awful. I think that's the worst I've ever done in a geography exam - I think my teacher will feel let down as he was hoping on me getting full marks like a student last year! Ran out of time completely. Rushed everything. Didn't explain anything properly. Everyone one I knew felt the same - we hadn't been told about the change of format and some people I know didn't finish. Overall, pretty terrible, but hey ho, hoping for the best for the next one...

i feel exactly the same! the format was so weird, im just hoping theyll lower the grade boundaries a bit now!
Reply 8
why were there so many 6 makers?!
The other two papers are going to be just as hard! :frown:
I was over-joyed with this paper (not to be big-headed :frown: )
The first 8-10 marks were just simply describing graphs and that pie chart.
The first case study I did the Trafford Centre and pretty much aced it and the second I did the river and did Lynmouth Flood AFTER the flood and how they managed it by making it wider, new bridges, etc.
The 6 markers were fine for me as the Urbanisation one was just the same facts as Sao Paulo which I had heavily revised in case it was on Theme 1. The only thing I struggled with was the drought and the effects and the relief rainfall (I probably got 1/2 marks out of the 4)
Reply 11
Yeh, wasn't one 6 marker on drought aid which is theme 3??
That paper was hard though!
Okay, so for the 6 markers what was the drought question about? and did anyone else find the annotating of the relief rainfall hard to understand how they wanted us to answer it?
I did find this exam so hard! I sat the higher paper and i feel so disheartened about this :frown:
Original post by Chunt2801
Okay, so for the 6 markers what was the drought question about? and did anyone else find the annotating of the relief rainfall hard to understand how they wanted us to answer it?

I did! Don't worry. I put for the drought question that theisland was distant from any other area so this would be hard to transport water over and on the second one i put catching rainfall on the roofs of houses, using stone on the ground rather than cement to prevent surface run off and other similar things like the hose pipe ban and stuff.
I loved it. Didn't find the questions hard just the fact I completed the paper but felt I could have put more detail in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Overall I would say it was okay but i did waffle on a few 6 markers and i didn't have time to check my answers. My hand writing also took a turn for the worst near the end. :colondollar: Hope the examiner doesn't get too annoyed with me. :s-smilie:
I really don't know how it went... theme 1 was fine and most of theme 2 but there wasn't enough time to check my work and I rushed a 6 marker. Where did the 6 markers come from??? I got it finished but I could have done with a bit more time :smile:
I really don't know how it went... theme 1 was fine and most of theme 2 but there wasn't enough time to check my work and I rushed a 6 marker. Where did the 6 markers come from??? I got it finished but I could have done with a bit more time :smile: What are the grade boundaries usually like?

Quick Reply

Latest