The Student Room Group

Igcse chemistry edexcel - paper 1c (13.5.14)

Tomorrow is the day of the first Chemistry paper for the IGCSE. It's out of 120 and is 2 hours long! Share your worries/ concerns and predictions for what will come up here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Scarrrrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!
harbour process is a must, its always on the 1c paper

good luck to everyone taking the paper, im so scared but i feel prepared :smile:
I think synthetic polymers, direct hydration of etene and fractionating column will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amysellers
I think synthetic polymers, direct hydration of etene and fractionating column will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not on paper 1; only 2
I have no idea of what will come but i hope it will be a good papers. I feel prepared but at the same time feel like i don't know everything that's needed to be knows.
Do we need to about esters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D_Vadgama
I have no idea of what will come but i hope it will be a good papers. I feel prepared but at the same time feel like i don't know everything that's needed to be knows.
Do we need to about esters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not on the spec
Original post by KESEdwards
That's not on paper 1; only 2

Isn't in that any topic can come in any of the two papers. It's only that paper 2 is more experiment based.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D_Vadgama
Isn't in that any topic can come in any of the two papers. It's only that paper 2 is more experiment based.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, look through this specification. What's not in bold is in paper 1, and it's all in paper 2 - http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/International%20GCSE%20from%202011/UG030031-International-GCSE-in-Chemistry-master-booklet-spec-Issue-4-SAMs-for-web-280212.pdf

So you don't need to know the alcohol equations, contact process, production of NaOH etc...
They're not on the spec

Thank God!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, look through this specification. What's not in bold is in paper 1, and it's all in paper 2 - http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/International%20GCSE%20from%202011/UG030031-International-GCSE-in-Chemistry-master-booklet-spec-Issue-4-SAMs-for-web-280212.pdf

So you don't need to know the alcohol equations, contact process, production of NaOH etc...

This has made everything easier. Although I know it all, now I'll have more time to practice on such questions. It's like most of the hard parts are not there in paper 1. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wish everyone sitting for the paper best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Do we need to know how to do titration calculations
Original post by EJA132
Do we need to know how to do titration calculations

Ohh yes you do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are titration calculations
Original post by bizingabanga
what are titration calculations

just the thing with the alkali and how much acid is needed to neutralise it! or vice versa

you would use the indicator phenolphthalein

pink in acidic conditions
colourless in alkali conditions

good luck for tomorrow!
how was your exam? :smile:
Original post by halil_aykent
how was your exam? :smile:

Fine yeah, there was nothing that difficult or different to the past papers.
What did you get for the finL answer on the last question?
Original post by bluetobias
What did you get for the finL answer on the last question?

8.88 or 88.8 or something like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending