The Student Room Group

Aqa biology unit 2 13th May 2014

Hey guys!
How did you lot find the biology exam today!?
Quick question, was the answer to one of the questions.. Meiosis or Mitosis
There's been a debate about this all day after the exam haha

Scroll to see replies

I put Mitosis but I'm not sure if that's right!
It mentioned something about how the embryo grows, and growing is Mitosis. I could be wrong though
Reply 2
Mitosis we had a massive debate at school as well how did you guys find it? I thought it was harder than the past papers
Mitosis

Did anyone else miss out the last questions, it seems to be a pretty common mistake from what some of my friends were saying :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
It was meiosis... did you get the question about the number of cells beneath it though?

It wasn't terrible but the whole fish section at the start of B3 were complete alien stuff to me :bl::borat:
Reply 5
and if anyone did geography too it was the hardest paper i've done...like ever :P
I found it weird!
The questions were too vague, and only one case study!
Original post by RJohnson
It was meiosis... did you get the question about the number of cells beneath it though?

It wasn't terrible but the whole fish section at the start of B3 were complete alien stuff to me :bl::borat:

I put mitosis and i put 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by liamthompson11
I found it weird!
The questions were too vague, and only one case study!

I know! I spend AGES learning all the case studies and 1 came up.. .WOW

Also I got Meiosis for the Bio paper (which was hard too :/)
Original post by badaman
I know! I spend AGES learning all the case studies and 1 came up.. .WOW

Also I got Meiosis for the Bio paper (which was hard too :/)

I put Meiosis to!
I did The Alps for the fold mountains
But the questions were just so open and vague, like the 'describe a flood', i'm not used to questions like that
erghhhh
Reply 10
Original post by liamthompson11
I put Meiosis to!
I did The Alps for the fold mountains
But the questions were just so open and vague, like the 'describe a flood', i'm not used to questions like that
erghhhh

Yeah :/ Oh well... need to do VERY well in B1 now!
Original post by badaman
Yeah :/ Oh well... need to do VERY well in B1 now!

Yeahh! Or Physics/Chemistry Unit 2 to balence out the **** biology grades :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think i probably got between 35-45. Hopefully thats at least an A
Reply 13
Mitosis and 8
I thought B3 was better than B2. B2 was ok-ish - I found the question on the magnesium ions and nitrogen quite tricky.
Original post by RJohnson
and if anyone did geography too it was the hardest paper i've done...like ever :P

It was so hard, there was no case studies!! I'd driven myself mad learning case studies! what topics do you do?
Reply 15
The stuff about keeping roots alive and magnesium ions are not in the specification so I don't think they should have come up tbh. Anyone know the actual answers?? Oh and also about why scientists might be wrong about the shrimp not breeding?!
It was horrible!
Reply 17
extreme environments and coasts

oh my god for the 6 mark extreme env one i said about diguettes in Sahel but just made up that they drilled holes in the ice to catch fish in the arctic :clap2:

The altitude question was terrible! And also why the UK's climate could change...I couldn't remember anything! :s-smilie:

What topics did you do?
Reply 18
i ended up putting about 4 things in case they were right oh dear :biggrin:
i put:

similar markings coincidental
could be same gender
might not be mating season
they could be too aggressive to mate

hopefully one of them is right :wink:
Original post by Bobjim12
I think i probably got between 35-45. Hopefully thats at least an A

In Addition Biology
Half marks is usually a B, 45 is usually an A*
But from the questions that were on today and the general layout of the paper I would expect maximum of 40 for an A* and 27 for a B

Quick Reply

Latest