The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
But we can't because according to our Lord and Master Wenger, no business is done before the World Cup!! :roll eyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol wtf why?
Reply 3121
Original post by White Dress
:sogood:

you forgot goal difference Peggles

Spoiler

:rofl:

Peggles is pissed off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW

Peggles is pissed off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

plan pulled off to perfection :rofl2:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lol wtf why?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140502/-world-cup-will-affect-transfer-market-

‘World Cup will affect transfer market’

Arsène Wenger believes that the World Cup will have a delaying effect on the transfer market this summer.

The tournament kicks off on June 12 when hosts Brazil take on Croatia in Sao Paulo, and only comes to a conclusion with the final on July 13.

Wenger feels that trying to conduct transfer business at this time can prove difficult, with things only hotting up again after the competition ends.

From my experience, the World Cup years have always been very quiet until the end of the World Cup, with no players reachable

Arsène Wenger

“At the moment I have people around me who start to look [at players],” the Arsenal manager said. “What is available you know always, but we are not on the market specifically at all because teams still play in many countries.

“After that, from my experience, the World Cup years have always been very quiet until the end of the World Cup, with no players reachable. Everybody is focused in the country on their national team and there’s not a lot happening. People are away.

“I believe this year again you will have to wait until July 15 to start going.”

Wenger admits that it is likely to be a hectic summer window for the club, but he wants to avoid wholesale changes.

“It will be busy but the main thing for us will be to keep the stability because we feel we are close,” he said. “We want to add something that makes us even stronger. But number wise it will not be massive.

“You have to be on alert. You speak about Ozil but if we could have done Ozil one month earlier we would have done it. But he was just available for three days.

“Why? Because the Gareth Bale story lasted for so long and they had so many clauses in his contract that they could not finish it.”

Bacary Sagna and Lukasz Fabianski are both out of contract this summer, and Wenger insists he would both to stay at the club.

“We have only two players who are out of contract Fabianski and Sagna,” he said. “All the rest need our agreement and they haven’t got it yet.

“I want to keep [Fabianski]. He’s 29 and has a decision to make. Does he want to stay here or move and have a guarantee to be No 1? He knows I want to keep him.

“I hope, because we have shown faith in him for long periods, that we will be rewarded for that.”
Reply 3124
Also, inb4 Terry in full kit meme after FA Cup final.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3125
Is tsr crashing for anyone else. Swear down this site is getting hacked.

Who the **** hacks such a site......
Loool, do you have any plans to make more usernames so as soon as I know it's you I can put you on my ignore list, ya know, precaution and all.

does it hurt though? you know, 10 years, no trophies, closer to Everton than the title, etc
Original post by FKLW

Peggles is pissed off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah babes I'm not, straight up G/matchday G/White Dress is just a strange person and I want to know why! No harm in that!

wtf is up with your gender? Went you female the other week?

plan pulled off to perfection :rofl2:

I'm really not, I'm just actually sure what your purpose is, I'm curious
Original post by little_tom

chelsea's women play better football than their men team

women's football lol
Nah babes I'm not, straight up G/matchday G/White Dress is just a strange person and I want to know why! No harm in that!

defo mad
'my God you people.

Insufferable, like I said.

Also no one in here is your friend, now **** off. '
does it hurt though? you know, 10 years, no trophies, closer to Everton than the title, etc

If I'm honest yes but I don't think it's as bad as having a premature victory parade only to have your captain slip and fall on his face and look like a fool as he's scrambles to make up for his error, essentially costing you the league. Peak times.

We're gonna win the league,
And now your gonna bel....oh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool wont even get a sniff at the title next year when everyone strengthens and they end up with Lallana and Noble for 40M
Reply 3132

Long story haha. G is a don tbh, he's actually WUMmed Arsenal fans AFTER the season has finished. How is that even possible. And in the week leading up to a FA cup final for your first trophy in 9 years :lol:

Respect for that bro :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I'm honest yes but I don't think it's as bad as having a premature victory parade only to have your captain slip and fall on his face and look like a fool as he's scrambles to make up for his error, essentially costing you the league. Peak times.

And now your gonna bel....oh

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 weeks hurt vs a decade of delusion and suffering? Nahhhh

Sad truth is that you pegs, as well as most of the posters on this board, are probably too young to remember the last time Arsenal won a trophy. Honestly quite saddening, you guys have been pained so many times. Try a different sport?
Hello Arsenal thread friends

how's life being closer to Everton than to the title?

Hello Liverpool thread fan.

How's life knowing Liverpool will never be closer or have a better chance at winning the title?
Reply 3135
Original post by AR_95
Hello Liverpool thread fan.

How's life knowing Liverpool will never be closer or have a better chance at winning the title?

Pot kettle? How old are you? I doubt many of you remember Arsenal winning the league (bar probably Tom, Zurich, 419) so I really don't understand how you can laugh at the Scousers. You bottled it against Birmingham in the COC :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3136
3 weeks hurt vs a decade of delusion and suffering? Nahhhh

Sad truth is that you pegs, as well as most of the posters on this board, are probably too young to remember the last time Arsenal won a trophy. Honestly quite saddening, you guys have been pained so many times. Try a different sport?

Brah read this amazing article about Jordan. I'm sold.
Original post by FKLW
Pot kettle? How old are you? I doubt many of you remember Arsenal winning the league (bar probably Tom, Zurich, 419) so I really don't understand how you can laugh at the Scousers. You bottled it against Birmingham in the COC :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've made no point here at all. Comment wasn't even laughing at them bottling, more over the fact that they're never going to have an easier chance
So I was probably young and knew absolute ****e about football but I still watched us win the league in the 03/04 season so your other point also flops
And a bottle vs Birmingham in the league cup has any comparison to an EPL challenge?

Look at you with your guns ready :rolleyes:

inb4 some comment about taking bait
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dat feel when you actually remember your team winning the league

Edit: 5 times
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3139
Original post by FKLW
Long story haha. G is a don tbh, he's actually WUMmed Arsenal fans AFTER the season has finished. How is that even possible. And in the week leading up to a FA cup final for your first trophy in 9 years :lol:

Respect for that bro :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is though, his wum is seriously weak. He got schooled so hard by 99mmbulletz he chickened away and went to hide behind a new username.

I thought you knew a good wum when you saw one fklw.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest