The Student Room Group

How did you guys find the OCR Biology GCSE exam today?

I thought it was alright, but some of the questions were ridiculous?
The six marker on the penicillin!! What was it asking for?
Sorry, not penicillin, antibiotics!
Which one? I don't remember???
Reply 4
Yeah, I was writing **** for that, apparently the answer was something like the bigger the area the more effective the antibiotics was??
The carbon cycle was kinda hard :s-smilie:
The bigger the radius more bacteria in the sample
Reply 7
It was alright until the antibiotics one I read it about 5 times and still didn't understand what they were talking about!
Original post by ItsBolade
Yeah, I was writing **** for that, apparently the answer was something like the bigger the area the more effective the antibiotics was??

I wrote which one was most effective and how I knew... And which was least effective and how I knew...
Original post by Kitty260
The carbon cycle was kinda hard :s-smilie:

Really? I thought it was just common sense... Like you could cancel out a few of the options because, for instance, a plant doesn't release "excrement", which was one of the options.
The grade boundaries are really high though from last year.

The grade boundaries change on how people do on the exam so you can't really judge from that
Reply 12
The second 6 marker was horendous. I had no idea on what to write. At all.
What one, I don't remember that?

They'll be like 65% for an A*, that's still pretty easy. I did a past paper recently where an A* was 54%
I was annoyed at how most of b2 didn't come up, they chose the weirdest and smallest parts to test us on smh but I thought it went quite well apart from the antibiotics question which I messed up quite badly
Reply 16
I blame Gove for making the questions more complicated than they should be
For the selective breeding question did you just write about about how it's controlled by humans and it takes a shorter amount of time?

Quick Reply

Latest